What Exactly Is Happening In the Arab/Persian World?

• News
  • Thread starter nismaratwork
  • Start date
In summary, the protests in Egypt are continuing and there are reports of violence and fires. The situation is not looking good for the government.

DevilsAvocado said:
Count me out!

(:smile:)

OH, and Obama is not evil in anything and I am evil in more than I care to be?
Reality check:

:rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org

Evo said:
Ivan is on sabatical. He won't be here for awhile.

ahhh I miss! :cry:

DevilsAvocado said:
Well Lacy... I think it might be that... THIS THREAD IS https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=468154"...(:smile:)
Well Excuse me Please. I knew you all had smart, important and famous peoples here. But Royal, I did not know. I take back everything I said of dear Obama and will just keep it to myself.
Let me forward the address of the pysch unit I will be on...:frown:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lacy33 said:
OH, and Obama is not evil in anything and I am evil in more than I care to be?
Reality check:

:rolleyes:

[URL]http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00634/SNN3001MAN_180_634162a.jpg[/URL] Que?¿

Lacy33 said:
Sure they are full of themselves. They and we just realized how much power the "people" have.
We all have to get use to this FAST! But there are enough grown ups (of all ages) around to organize. Keep out the real extremists,.. PLEASE... and this will work out.
So they are mad. :redface: .. I know in real life when I am impassioned and then make my point suddenly and unexpectedly, I don't always (if ever) have the grace to just shut up and take the next step in problem solving. OMgosh! What if there were thousands of Lacy's? All outside in the street too stunned to just be quiet? :eek: :blushing:
This is human nature. Let it be. Some forces need to quiet slower.
This has everyone's attention now.
All will be for good.. (How Old Testement. LOL)
And why am I not on that obama list please?

You're on the list, you're on the list... :-p

So, all will be for the good, or as they're saying in Egypt, "Insha'Allah, all will be for the god."

Oh, and hundreds of thousands of you?! Who would make the Cholent then?! :biggrin:

Seriously though, I hope the same as you, but I worry that this will end with the youth too riled, not listening to reason. We can just hope that the people of Egypt shape their future wisely, if they're given the chance.

DevilsAvocado said:
[URL]http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00634/SNN3001MAN_180_634162a.jpg[/URL] Que?¿

MAAANUELLL!

I love that show.

Lacy33 said:
Well Excuse me Please. I knew you all had smart, important and famous peoples here. But Royal, I did not know. I take back everything I said of dear Obama and will just keep it to myself.
Let me forward the address of the pysch unit I will be on...:frown:

:smile:

Obama on-line!

DevilsAvocado said:

This should have come with a warning way in advance for us who eat while reading.

Not that I was not going to inhale my dinner anyway.

Lacy33 said:
This should have come with a warning way in advance for us who eat while reading.

Heeeey... that is a funny actor from 'Fawlty Towers!'... he was kind of the... uh...

which is the Yiddish for the person in comedy or life who isn't malicious, but always bumbling? Shlemiel? Shmuck? Anyway, he was the "dimwitted Barcelonan" of the show, but really... fantastic physical comedy with John Cleese.

... nyuk nyuk nyuk :wink:

Obama Off-line.
4 minutes?
Does he have the flu?

nismaratwork said:
Heeeey... that is a funny actor from 'Fawlty Towers!'... he was kind of the... uh...

which is the Yiddish for the person in comedy or life who isn't malicious, but always bumbling? Shlemiel? Shmuck? Anyway, he was the "dimwitted Barcelonan" of the show, but really... fantastic physical comedy with John Cleese.

... nyuk nyuk nyuk :wink:

Fawlty Towers!? That show almost killed me. I think it was the one where his car is attacked by the tree.

Lacy33 said:
Fawlty Towers!? That show almost killed me. I think it was the one where his car is attacked by the tree.

I don't remember that one, but it's on Netflix 'on demand' if you have that... and boy is it worth it. I honestly think it's the best physical comedy since The Three Stooges, and they were amazing.

Episode that I know you will love: 'The Germans'.

nismaratwork said:
MAAANUELLL!

I love that show.

x 2 :biggrin:

villapauli.jpg

nismaratwork said:
Episode that I know you will love: 'The Germans'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xnNhzgcWTk

:biggrin:

Lacy33 said:

Lacy, I love when you show that :devil: inside.

:cool:

"Not funny! Not to any German people!"

Awww... it's pretty funny. By the way, I wonder just what a "Prawn Goebbels" tastes like? :-p

<cough> Guys, does this thread look like it should be in P&WA?

Do I need to get mean? All of you...go sit in the corner! Don't make me use force.

There will be a cleanup later to bring the thread back to being a real P&WA thread.

Evo said:
<cough> Guys, does this thread look like it should be in P&WA?

... ouch, sorry … very, sorry ... :redface::blushing::redface:

EVO!

o:) So the people are stilll in the streets screaming that they want change now and the President says he only has big bills nothing smaller. They will just have to wait until he can go buy something small like a BMW and make change for them... And Obama is acting "stern" and "all in charge" like he da man. And I think everything will be ok as long as the Rabbis don't make a mix in this and then we will all be crying :cry: because then NO ONE will agree. :smile:

Sorry Evo... it's just a little catharsis... this situation in Egypt is so uncertain and so important. Again, sorry.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Syrian activists now planning a "day of rage"

You mean... they're planning a normal day?

Making light put aside, I don't think the Syrian government or military would hesitate much to crack down far more than Egypt was willing to.

Lebanon... now that's the place to watch, because if it goes it may be something Syria can annex in the name of stability.

I can't watch now. :shy:

Last edited:

I'm no fan of Syria... they're too hungry for their neighbors' meals. Never trust people who spend their lives looking at the food on YOUR plate.

nismaratwork said:
I'm no fan of Syria... they're too hungry for their neighbors' meals. Never trust people who spend their lives looking at the food on YOUR plate.

That's what I've been saying all along - in ALL of these threads.:wink:

WhoWee said:
That's what I've been saying all along - in ALL of these threads.:wink:

With my luck, you're going to become a contributor, and make that quote your sig. *sigh*... the price of honesty is weakened rhetoric. :biggrin:

nismaratwork said:
With my luck, you're going to become a contributor, and make that quote your sig. *sigh*... the price of honesty is weakened rhetoric. :biggrin:

BTW, It seems very strange to have two such strong voices in black and white.
Do you have something about gold?
How about it. Then we could buy a few countries.
I know a few that could use a couple of good Turn Around Guys.
I did it.
:biggrin:

nismaratwork said:

You should both become contributors, and quote each other in your sigs.

Char. Limit said:
You should both become contributors, and quote each other in your sigs.

Bah... I can recognize fund-raising when I hear it! :-p

nismaratwork said:
Bah... I can recognize fund-raising when I hear it! :-p

Ahhh...fund-raising, a wise man once told me "never trust people who spend their lives looking at the food on YOUR plate. " :biggrin:

Some wise man told me:
PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!

Lacy33 said:
Some wise man told me:
PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!

Was he a dentist?

WhoWee said:
Was he a dentist?

Yup! How did you know? :biggrin:

WhoWee said:
Ahhh...fund-raising, a wise man once told me "never trust people who spend their lives looking at the food on YOUR plate. " :biggrin:

:-p

Yeah, there's that!

Back