What is differential of Alloy and MMC?

In summary: Weight is often a consideration, as is strength. Then service environment, in which temperature and corrosive media must be considered.Temperature is important depending on the thermodynamic/chemical stability of the reinforcement (e.g., ceramic or carbon) in the metal matrix.In summary, the different types of nano-composite are based on the size and composition of the particles in the material. Different alloys have different types of nano-composite because of the way the particles are arranged in the material.
mufidun
We can find differential of alloy and composite. MMC is came from 2 differential of metal, one from it aren't melting same as producing alloy. but there are might produce new reaction. ex: C with Fe, the name is carbon steel. the nano-composite just too, but the particle aren't big, and the size is nano. the differential of it came from the coefficient electric, the composite aren't count without experiment. but what is differential of alloy, MMC and metal nano-composite, when it see from structure composition and phase?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome, Mufidun. I can tell that you're trying very hard to express yourself in English, which obviously isn't your first language. Unfortunately, the sad fact is that I simply cannot understand what you are trying to say. Sorry. Can you perhaps find another way to express it?

Likes mufidun
mufidun said:
We can find differential of alloy and composite. MMC is came from 2 differential of metal, one from it aren't melting same as producing alloy. but there are might produce new reaction. ex: C with Fe, the name is carbon steel. the nano-composite just too, but the particle aren't big, and the size is nano. the differential of it came from the coefficient electric, the composite aren't count without experiment. but what is differential of alloy, MMC and metal nano-composite, when it see from structure composition and phase?
Is one asking about a specific alloy/composite system, of which there are many?

What type of nano-composite? Dispersed oxide? or other?

See some basic considerations here - http://www.wiley-vch.de/books/sample/3527313605_c01.pdf

Weight is often a consideration, as is strength. Then service environment, in which temperature and corrosive media must be considered.

Temperature is important depending on the thermodynamic/chemical stability of the reinforcement (e.g., ceramic or carbon) in the metal matrix.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_matrix_composite

Danger said:
Welcome, Mufidun. I can tell that you're trying very hard to express yourself in English, which obviously isn't your first language. Unfortunately, the sad fact is that I simply cannot understand what you are trying to say. Sorry. Can you perhaps find another way to express it?
I'm sorry, i don't have good English vocabulary. i must study again. thanks for your attention.

mufidun said:
I'm sorry, i don't have good English vocabulary
No need to apologize; you're doing quite well. I'm totally incapable of learning any other language. English is one of the more difficult ones, and the only reason that I learned it is that it's what I was born into.

I'm trying to explain. :)
MMC and alloy when seen from the micro structure is almost as if the MMC has a small particle size, and when compared with nano-composites are made from metal-metal (small size as well), what distinguishes the alloy.

because I want to clarify the explanation of my lecture about the differences alloys and composites.

Okay, now the problem is that I don't know enough about the subject. I thought that "nano-composites" would be the same as regular MMC's, with reinforcement material introduced to a matrix (the way glass fibres reinforce the resin in fibreglass). I'm afraid I'm out of my depth here.

mufidun said:
I'm trying to explain. :)
MMC and alloy when seen from the micro structure is almost as if the MMC has a small particle size, and when compared with nano-composites are made from metal-metal (small size as well), what distinguishes the alloy.

because I want to clarify the explanation of my lecture about the differences alloys and composites.
On the nano-level, it would be the crystal structure and composition or stoichiometry. There would be a base metal alloy and a separate phase with a different crystal structure and composition, which could labeled a second-phase particle. Clearly one can distinguish a ceramic such as Al2O3 from Al-Mg alloy. In some Ni-based alloys, Ti and Al form second phase particles, Ni3Ti or Ni3Al, in the Ni alloy.

For example, http://www.google.com/patents/US5720829

There are many examples of dispersed second phase particles added for strengthening alloys, e.g., ODS (oxide dispersion strengthened) alloys

http://www.tms.org/superalloys/10.7449/1988/Superalloys_1988_595_604.pdf

What is the difference between Alloy and MMC?

Alloys and metal matrix composites (MMCs) are both types of materials used in engineering and manufacturing. However, there are several key differences between the two.

How are Alloys and MMCs made?

Alloys are created by mixing two or more metals together in a molten state and allowing them to cool and solidify. MMCs, on the other hand, are made by embedding a reinforcing material, such as ceramic or carbon fibers, into a metal matrix.

What properties do Alloys and MMCs possess?

Alloys are known for their strength, hardness, and resistance to corrosion. They are also often more ductile and malleable than pure metals. MMCs, on the other hand, have a combination of properties from both the metal matrix and the reinforcing material, making them strong, lightweight, and resistant to wear and corrosion.

How are Alloys and MMCs used?

Alloys are commonly used in a wide range of applications, such as construction, transportation, and electronics, due to their desirable properties. MMCs, on the other hand, are mostly used in high-performance applications, such as aerospace and military technology, where strength and lightweight materials are crucial.

What are the advantages of using Alloys and MMCs?

Both Alloys and MMCs offer unique advantages in different applications. Alloys are relatively inexpensive to produce and can be tailored to specific needs by adjusting the composition of metals. MMCs, on the other hand, are known for their high strength-to-weight ratio, making them ideal for lightweight and high-performance applications.