What is the best free website for publishing my articles on astrophysics?

In summary, the conversation discusses the best publishing sites for an individual's theory on astrophysics. The individual is looking for a free website or platform to publish their articles, but is also open to creating their own website. They also mention wanting to publish in a professional journal and the potential challenges of doing so. The conversation also touches on the individual's theory and their lack of academic studies in physics. Suggestions for publishing on the internet, such as using wordpress.com and utilizing LaTeX, are also mentioned.
Abbas Khaleghi
Summary: best publishing sites

Hello.

I have a theory on astrophysics. I want to find the best free website or platform to publish my articles on it. I want the website to be completely free, not asking for fee from me or the readers in any ways, and not having hidden fees either.

please guide me

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds like you will have to create such a site to meet your requirements. You will learn a LOT; maybe even why such sites are so rare. :wink:

Likes russ_watters and Abbas Khaleghi
Tom.G said:
Sounds like you will have to create such a site to meet your requirements. You will learn a LOT; maybe even why such sites are so rare. :wink:
Actually, I have that in mind to create it. But at the moment, I want to publish a series of my articles.

If you want anybody serious to read it, it needs to be published in a professional journal. Look at the ones you've been reading and cover similar topics to what you want to publish and see which ones are open access. Then look at the open access ones' front pages, which usually have a link to their submission criteria and costs. Do check against Beall's list of predatory publishers and publications - free ones can be very low quality.

Likes russ_watters, Dale and Abbas Khaleghi
If you are not familiar with the astro-ph section on arxiv.org then you are most likely not in a position with enough background in astrophysics to have any sort of viable theory regarding astrophysics.

Likes russ_watters, mfb, Dale and 1 other person
Ibix said:
If you want anybody serious to read it, it needs to be published in a professional journal. Look at the ones you've been reading and cover similar topics to what you want to publish and see which ones are open access. Then look at the open access ones' front pages, which usually have a link to their submission criteria and costs. Do check against Beall's list of predatory publishers and publications - free ones can be very low quality.
Thank you for the reply. It was useful

Orodruin said:
If you are not familiar with the astro-ph section on arxiv.org then you are most likely not in a position with enough background in astrophysics to have any sort of viable theory regarding astrophysics.
You are replying with presupposition, which is normal.
I have no academic studies in physics at all, yet I have come up with a fully functional theory, and I do not intend to give it to some journal, allowing them to make profits from it. The primary reason for it is that I once sent a little part of it to a very well-known publisher, and out of the odds, some other person came out with it.

The link you sent is very useful. Please be with me more on this journey, with the harshest critics. I appreciate it.

P.S. I have spent ten years on this theory,so far

• Skeptical
  • Haha
Likes weirdoguy, russ_watters, Dale and 1 other person
Abbas Khaleghi said:
I have no academic studies in physics at all, yet I have come up with a fully functional theory
So how do you know that your theory:
a) Is not already ruled out by existing observations?
b) Does not already exist?
c) Makes specific testable predictions?

The amount of time you spent on the theory is utterly irrelevant if you cannot answer those questions well.

Likes LastScattered1090, russ_watters and Abbas Khaleghi
Orodruin said:
So how do you know that your theory:
a) Is not already ruled out by existing observations?
b) Does not already exist?
c) Makes specific testable predictions?

The amount of time you spent on the theory is utterly irrelevant if you cannot answer those questions well.
a) it is not over-ruled yet, because it gives an entirely new definition.
b) there are similar theories like it, but not by definition like mine, all lacking credential parts, and ambiguity, most of which, I have ruled out. Mine just explains the world better.
C) There are new evidences that can not be defined by current theories. The one I have designed/created (can't find the right term) does explain the most ambiguous parts of current understandings of the world.P.S: '
Orodruin said:
"
True, if one does not do that.

• Sad
Likes weirdoguy
If you want to put a substantive article on the internet without having to pay or first seek acceptance, wordpress.com works well. I plonk my essays on there on any topic that comes into my head, regardless of how accurate, well-argued, reasonable or entertaining they may or may not be! (see link in my signature for latest essay)

You can choose categories and keywords for it to make it more likely to be seen by people interested in your topic.

I haven't tried it myself, but apparently wordpress provides support for LaTeX (see here), which you'll need for typesetting your equations if you're writing on physics.

Some well-known and popular mathematical blogs on wordpress are George Lowther's https://almostsuremath.com about stochastic calculus and Terry Tao's blog that covers a wide range of mathematical topics. You can see on those highly successful use of the LaTeX capability.

Likes Abbas Khaleghi
andrewkirk said:
If you want to put a substantive article on the internet without having to pay or first seek acceptance, wordpress.com works well. I plonk my essays on there on any topic that comes into my head, regardless of how accurate, well-argued, reasonable or entertaining they may or may not be! (see link in my signature for latest essay)

You can choose categories and keywords for it to make it more likely to be seen by people interested in your topic.

I haven't tried it myself, but apparently wordpress provides support for LaTeX (see here), which you'll need for typesetting your equations if you're writing on physics.

Some well-known and popular mathematical blogs on wordpress are George Lowther's https://almostsuremath.com about stochastic calculus and Terry Tao's blog that covers a wide range of mathematical topics. You can see on those highly successful use of the LaTeX capability.
Thank you. I came for silver and found gold. everyone on this forum helps in their way, and I appreciate them all. I will check all the links you have provided.

I have also created a website for my theory. It's a work in progress, the design takes time because I myself am designing it.

So, if I have it on my website, it's like a published version in a journal? I'm a bit low on too many journals and qualities, copyrights, and publishing phases, due to the country of my residence which is enormously sanctioned, that even has led to access to a simple understanding of publishing a science paper.

Abbas Khaleghi said:
Mine just explains the world better.
To be honest, I highly doubt that, but this is not the place to discuss that.

Abbas Khaleghi said:
a) it is not over-ruled yet, because it gives an entirely new definition.
That is completely irrelevant. What is relevant are observations.

Abbas Khaleghi said:
all lacking credential parts,
I don’t think credential means what you think it means.

Abbas Khaleghi said:
C) There are new evidences that can not be defined by current theories.
That’s just false. Any form of evidence is in the form of empirical observation. It is not a matter of being defined in a theory.

To be perfectly frank, your posts here are full of the warning signs of a personal theory that just doesn’t cut it.

Likes LastScattered1090, Dale and Abbas Khaleghi
Orodruin said:
To be honest, I highly doubt that, but this is not the place to discuss that.That is completely irrelevant. What is relevant are observations.I don’t think credential means what you think it means.That’s just false. Any form of evidence is in the form of empirical observation. It is not a matter of being defined in a theory.

To be perfectly frank, your posts here are full of the warning signs of a personal theory that just doesn’t cut it.
Thank you. The post was just a reply, the aim of creating the topic is to find fine websites for publishing.
I do understand your level of concern. I do not intend to talk about my theory here, at least on this thread.
The theory first needs to find a place to be published, afterward, it is the author's duty to explain, defend, edit, update etc his theory.
Around two years ago, I found a website where you would put your articles on it, and people would discuss them. Nowadays I can not find the website, due to losing the track of publishing phase. Some called the website last cause or lost cause! The website's main page was red as much as I remember!

If you can help me with a list of websites like that (free, open-access), it would be very useful.

Thank you.

blogger.com is another place where you can publish articles.

Likes Abbas Khaleghi
anorlunda said:
blogger.com is another place where you can publish articles.
Thank you so much.

Abbas Khaleghi said:
I have no academic studies in physics at all, yet I have come up with a fully functional theory
I bet you at least one of these statements is false.

Likes Abbas Khaleghi
Dale said:
I bet you at least one of these statements is false.
Well, I hope it is the second part:smile:.
I find this forum filled with many physics lovers and science enthusiasts. So, I am offering you to be a part of the project too, prove it wrong, or help redefining a better explanation, with the credits saved in your name. Science is accumulative and everyone helps it grow, whether pro or con. Most of the time the critics are the ones who push theories and discoveries. So, I welcome you to be a part of it, not only you but everyone else, too.
As I mentioned in previous posts, I am designing the website for my theory, and along with it, I am creating a hub for it. The more brains, the better outcome. As a teacher with experience, I know the students people have given the least opportunities, sometimes done the most impossible.

P.s: by academic study, I meant academic degree. I have had some studies on my own.

The OP has received some alternatives which is likely the best we could do. At least it is the most we can do.

I close this thread before it becomes more personal.

Likes Abbas Khaleghi, anorlunda, berkeman and 1 other person

1. What are the top free websites for publishing articles on astrophysics?

Some of the top free websites for publishing articles on astrophysics include arXiv, ResearchGate, and Academia.edu.

2. How do I choose the best free website for publishing my articles on astrophysics?

When choosing the best free website for publishing your articles on astrophysics, consider factors such as the website's reputation, user base, and features such as peer review and citation tracking.

3. Can I publish my articles on multiple free websites?

Yes, you can publish your articles on multiple free websites. In fact, it is recommended to increase the visibility and reach of your research.

4. Are there any restrictions or limitations for publishing on free websites?

Some free websites may have restrictions or limitations on the types of articles they accept, the length of the articles, or the number of articles you can publish. It is important to read the website's guidelines before submitting your work.

5. Do I retain the copyright to my articles when publishing on free websites?

It depends on the website's policies. Some free websites may require you to transfer the copyright to them, while others allow you to retain the copyright. It is important to check the website's terms and conditions before publishing your work.