What is the criteria for Final Project?

In summary, the speaker is currently in their 8th semester of undergraduate studies in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Control. They are doing an internship as part of their curriculum and must complete a final project in their 8th or 9th semester. They are unsure of the criteria for the final project and want to make sure it is original and useful. They have asked their advisor, but have not received a response. The speaker is also curious about what the other person's final project is about, but it is unrelated to Arduino.
creativen
Hello all Friends,

I am taking my undergraduate, majoring in Electrical Engineering, concentration in Control
It takes 10 semester to pass, 1 semester=4months. Well it might be rare for you.
And I am in 8th semester doing my internship as one of the criteria in the curriculum.

In this 8-9th semester I must finish my Final Project to present it in 10th semester.
Well, I'm sharing what the best project is in other subforum.

Here, I would like to ask what is the criteria contain in my final project?
In this case I will make controlling things w/ automation using Arduino.
I am afraid if I have finish the projects but It doesn't fulfill the criteria such as not original, the project solved before by other person...
I even don't have the border line what the original meaning is..

Could you make clarity here?
Thank you so much:D

Physics news on Phys.org
Why don't you ask your advisor or someone in your department? We have no idea what the criteria are for your final project.

Thx fss for your reply.
Well,I have asked him,but he hasn't replied my email,I guess he is busy.

I just would like to know what the criteria based on your experience and perception...
Well,I just want to prepare for excellence for my final project, I tend to make it as original,fresh,and useful idea.

At my college in the US, such a final project did not have to be original. As a matter of fact, we could use a final project from a previous year and make a slight improvement to it, and that was sufficient. The understanding was that undergraduates are not yet expert engineers, researchers, or inventors. However, the only way to find out for sure what the criteria are, is to ask your adviser.

Yes,you are right sweetpotato.
I am waiting for his reply.
Anw,what is ur final project about?related to arduino?

Sorry, it had nothing to do with the Arduino.

Well,thx sweetpotato

1. What is the purpose of the criteria for the Final Project?

The criteria for the Final Project is used to evaluate the completeness and quality of the project. It helps to ensure that all necessary components are included and that the project meets the required standards.

2. Who determines the criteria for the Final Project?

The criteria for the Final Project is typically determined by the professor or instructor of the course. They may consult with other faculty members or use a predetermined set of guidelines from the department or institution.

3. Is there a specific format or structure that the Final Project must follow?

The format and structure of the Final Project may vary depending on the course or discipline. Some may require a written report, while others may allow for a presentation or hands-on project. It is important to carefully review the assignment guidelines to ensure the project meets the required format.

4. How will the Final Project be graded based on the criteria?

The Final Project will be graded according to how well it meets the specified criteria. Each component of the project may be assigned a certain weight or point value, and the final grade will be determined by the overall performance in each area.

5. Can I use outside sources or collaborate with others for the Final Project?

This may vary based on the specific project and course requirements. It is important to consult with the instructor to determine if outside sources or collaboration is allowed. If so, proper citation and credit should be given to any outside sources used.