What is your favourite episode of Cosmos: A Space-time Odyssey?

In summary, the final episode of Cosmos: A Space-time Odyssey, "Unafraid of the Dark", was released today. This marks the completion of the series. Which episode did you like best?The Newton one was awesome. I also loved the one about sound and the organ version of O'FortunaThe Clean Room and The Electric Boy were great forays into the history of science. I also enjoyed most of the others that had insights in this vein, as they emphasized science as both an evolving and personal human endeavor.The episode about evolution was the worst, but I still liked it.
interhacker
Gold Member
The final episode of Cosmos: A Space-time Odyssey, "Unafraid of the Dark", was released today. This marks the completion of the series. Which episode did you like best?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
The episode about Newton and the one about Michael Faraday

adjacent said:
The episode about Newton and the one about Michael Faraday

Yeah. I also liked episode 12 and 13, along with episode 1. Here's my priority list from best to just "meh":

Episode 12
Episode 13
The one about Faraday
The one about Newton
Episode 1
The one about lead poisoning

interhacker said:
Yeah. I also liked episode 12 and 13, along with episode 1. Here's my priority list from best to just "meh":

Episode 12
Episode 13
The one about Faraday
The one about Newton
Episode 1
The one about lead poisoning

The Newton one was awesome. I also loved the one about sound and the organ version of O'Fortuna

The Clean Room and The Electric Boy were great forays into the history of science. I also enjoyed most of the others that had insights in this vein, as they emphasized science as both an evolving and personal human endeavor.

The worst episode was the one about evolution. I almost slept while watching that episode

I've only seen through the first 6 :(

But I did really enjoy the properties of light which I think was 5.

Greg Bernhardt said:
But I did really enjoy the properties of light which I think was 5.
I regret missing that episode. I think it was also awesome.

Last edited:
I liked some, disliked some. Depends what you believe in I guess. Can't really compare it to the original, it's too different.

When Voyager was sent out I'm afraid drug use clouded thinking and we sent out things like "whale songs" and other irrelevant, but popular things of the (then) current culture. <le sigh> BUT! Maybe any advanced culture listening to this record will be sufficiently unimpressed by our lack of intelligence and choose to ignore us and decide not to annihilate us.

Last edited:
Evo said:
I liked some, disliked some. Depends what you believe in I guess. Can't really compare it to the original, it's too different.

When Voyager was sent out I'm afraid drug use clouded thinking and we sent out things like "whale songs" and other irrelevant, but popular things of the (then) current culture. <le sigh> BUT! Maybe any advanced culture listening to this record will be sufficiently unimpressed by our lack of intelligence and choose to ignore us and decide not to annihilate us.

:rofl: :thumbs:

Evo said:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/Voyager_golden_record_82_feeding.gif

"On second thought, let's not talk to earth. It's a silly place."

Evo said:
When Voyager was sent out I'm afraid drug use clouded thinking and we sent out things like "whale songs" and other irrelevant, but popular things of the (then) current culture. <le sigh> .

Lol. You're right. What should we have sent though?

"Nothing to see here" in all forms of communication to save others the trouble.

1. What is the overall theme of your favourite episode of Cosmos: A Space-time Odyssey?

My favourite episode of Cosmos: A Space-time Odyssey is "The Immortals". The overall theme of this episode is the search for knowledge and the impact of science on human civilization.

2. What makes "The Immortals" stand out compared to other episodes?

What makes "The Immortals" stand out is its focus on the individuals who have made significant contributions to science and how their legacy lives on through their discoveries and teachings.

3. How does "The Immortals" tie into the overall message of Cosmos: A Space-time Odyssey?

"The Immortals" ties into the overall message of Cosmos: A Space-time Odyssey by highlighting the importance of scientific progress and the pursuit of knowledge to better understand our place in the universe.

4. How does "The Immortals" relate to current scientific advancements?

"The Immortals" relates to current scientific advancements by showcasing the historical context of these advancements and how they have shaped our understanding of the world today.

5. Is there a specific moment or scene in "The Immortals" that stands out to you?

One scene that stands out to me is when Neil deGrasse Tyson talks about how we are all made of stardust and how our atoms have been recycled throughout the universe. It beautifully illustrates the interconnectedness of all things in the cosmos.