In summary, this person joined physics because they loved the theory behind it and they want to use it in the real world.
Futurestar33
What is your reason for studying physics and what do you want to do with it. I actually got thrown into my schools physics program by accident. I began at a community college studying nanotechnology and when i transferred schools it was supposed to be a two-plus two program meaning I would get out in four/five years. However its more like a two plus six program seeing as how physics courses at my school have so many prerequisites and I added a minor in chemistry(also I have spent most of my time trying to be an entrepreneur. I am sticking with physics because it is the study of everything and the math is also cool, however I would like the professors to apply it more to the real world rather than just taking integrals all the time, tell me what the meaning is behind it!. I really want to make a big impact in world with Bio-medical Engineering and in the Space industry. I have many ideas that could be added to the ISS that would help with its expansion.
What is your reason for studying physics and what would you like to do with the world?

Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
So you joined physics to learn more of Einsteins theory, may I ask what you do now if you have already graduated undergrad did you get into graduate school? Work at an engineering firm or anything?

That was a long time ago before the advent of string theory when physicists were just starting to look for the GUT seriously. Now, I'm a software developer at an academic institution doing Java based scientific applications.

I started wanting to learn about physics years ago when I really started wanting to know how the universe works. I am in college now and while I am not majoring in physics I plan to take quite a few classes. My only problem now is getting better at math so that I can truly understand the theories that I am familiar with.

Good question. I grew up in a very 'mechanical' family. i.e. my father raced local dirt track and there were always parts to motors laying around. So I was sort of predisposed to wondering about forces and mechanics. I can remember sitting at the table with him as a kid and watching him work the numbers on how long the connecting rod needed to be in order to give an X compression ratio so that he could use X octane fuel to comply with the new regulations etc: I was also fascinated with structures as a kid. I was always building ramps to jump on my bike, constantly wondering "well if I made the ramp longer .." I think if you have a curious mind you'll eventually happen across math and physics and have a few questions =)

1. What is physics?

Physics is a natural science that studies the fundamental laws and principles governing the behavior of matter and energy in the universe. It seeks to understand the physical world and its interactions at the most basic level, from the smallest particles to the largest structures in the universe.

2. Why do you study physics?

I study physics because I am curious about how the world works and I am fascinated by the fundamental laws and principles that govern the behavior of matter and energy. I also believe that physics has the power to improve our understanding of the universe and help us solve real-world problems.

3. How is physics relevant in everyday life?

Physics is relevant in everyday life in many ways. It helps us understand and improve technologies such as computers, smartphones, and medical equipment. It also plays a role in transportation, energy production, and environmental conservation. Additionally, understanding the principles of physics can help us make informed decisions about our health, safety, and the world around us.

4. What career opportunities are available for someone studying physics?

Studying physics can lead to a wide range of career opportunities, including research in academia, government, or industry. Many physicists also work in fields such as engineering, computer science, finance, and education. The problem-solving skills and analytical thinking developed through studying physics are highly valued in many different industries.

5. Is studying physics difficult?

Studying physics can be challenging, but it can also be incredibly rewarding. It requires a strong foundation in mathematics and a willingness to think critically and creatively. With dedication and hard work, anyone can learn and excel in physics. It is also a highly collaborative field, so there are many resources and support systems available to help students succeed.