Where Can I Find Resources for Programming HP35s Calculators?

In summary, the conversation is about programming on the HP35s calculator and the search for helpful resources. The speaker mentions a website with examples and a book called "Algorithms for RPN Calculators" as useful sources for learning how to program on the calculator. They also mention a desire for a quadratic formula editor in algebraic mode.
Whalstib
Hi,

Any good primers for programming some simple programs on the HP35s? I have some inputs but am unsure how to do so exactly.

Also if a good quadratic formula editor in algebraic mode is available that would be nice too.

thanks,

Whalstib

Computer science news on Phys.org
Here are some good examples
http://homepage.mac.com/nwjh/HP-35S/index.html

Last edited:
This isn't specific to the HP35s, but back in college when I used an HP41Cv I ran across a book in the school library called "Algorithms for RPN Calculators"; the author's name was Ball. Fantastic book and extraordinarily educational - I really cut my programming teeth on it.

Kip

1. What is the HP35s calculator and what is it used for?

The HP35s calculator is a scientific calculator produced by Hewlett Packard. It is used for performing complex mathematical calculations, including scientific, statistical, and engineering functions.

2. How do I program the HP35s calculator?

The HP35s calculator has a built-in programming language called HP User RPL (Reverse Polish Lisp). To program the calculator, you can use the built-in programming editor or transfer programs from a computer using the HP Connectivity Kit.

3. What are the benefits of programming the HP35s calculator?

Programming the HP35s calculator allows you to customize and automate complex calculations, perform repetitive tasks, and save time. It also allows you to create programs for specific functions or equations that may not be built-in to the calculator.

4. Are there any resources available for learning how to program the HP35s calculator?

Yes, there are various resources available online, including tutorials, user guides, and forums, that can help you learn how to program the HP35s calculator. You can also refer to the calculator's user manual for more information on programming.

5. Can I share my programs with others who have an HP35s calculator?

Yes, you can share your programs with others who have an HP35s calculator by using the HP Connectivity Kit. This allows you to transfer programs and data between calculators, making it easier to collaborate and share your work with others.