Where Can I Learn to Build Electronic Circuits By Hand?

In summary, the conversation discusses resources for learning how to apply the knowledge from a course on electric circuits and solid state devices. Suggestions include using prototype boards, buying starter electronics kits, and downloading a free circuit layout program. A specific website for purchasing starter kits is also mentioned.
Paul_dirac
I just finish course on electric circuits and soild state Devices I want to start learning to apply what I studied I want to build electrionic circuits by my hand Can you suggest books or courses to teach these things??

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Paul. :smile:

There is a helpful thread that is stuck at the top of the EE forum that discusses using various types of prototype boards to build circuits:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/how-are-these-prototype-boards-used.955338/
You might also consider buying a couple starter electronics kits to build. They usually come with a schematic and an explanation of the circuit operation, and are a great way to get started building things. Just do a Google search for electronics kits, and pick a couple that look interesting (radio receiver, etc.).

Likes Nik_2213 and Paul_dirac
I would also suggest downloading a free circuit layout program.

Likes Paul_dirac and berkeman
berkeman said:
You might also consider buying a couple starter electronics kits to build.
I just purchased a couple starter kits for a friends 12 year old boy from https://www.jameco.com/Jameco/content/electronic-kits.html
He's a smart kid but not doing that well in school. He's said it's boring; hence the kits that may stimulate more learning interest.

Likes Asymptotic and berkeman
dlgoff said:
I just purchased a couple starter kits for a friends 12 year old boy from https://www.jameco.com/Jameco/content/electronic-kits.html
He's a smart kid but not doing that well in school. He's said it's boring; hence the kits that may stimulate more learning interest.
Sounds like he's found a great Mentor, Don! :smile:

berkeman said:
Sounds like he's found a great Mentor, Don! :smile:
Well thank you good Mentor. :bow:

1. How do I choose the right components for my hand-built electronics?

When choosing components for your hand-built electronics, it is important to consider factors such as voltage, current, and resistance. You should also research the specifications and compatibility of each component to ensure they will work together effectively.

2. What tools do I need to build electronics by hand?

Some essential tools for building electronics by hand include a soldering iron, wire cutters, pliers, and a multimeter. Depending on the complexity of your project, you may also need other tools such as a breadboard, wire strippers, and a heat gun.

3. How can I ensure the safety of my hand-built electronics?

To ensure the safety of your hand-built electronics, it is important to follow proper safety precautions such as wearing protective gear and working in a well-ventilated area. You should also carefully read and follow all instructions and specifications for the components you are using.

4. Can I build complex electronics by hand?

Yes, it is possible to build complex electronics by hand. However, it requires a good understanding of electronics principles and techniques, as well as patience and precision. It is also important to have a clear plan and design for your project before beginning the building process.

5. How do I troubleshoot issues with my hand-built electronics?

If you encounter issues with your hand-built electronics, the first step is to carefully check all connections and components to ensure they are properly connected and functioning. You can also use a multimeter to test for any faulty components. If you are still unable to identify the issue, you may need to consult online resources or seek help from an experienced electronics builder.