Where to Buy Inexpensive Force Sensors?

In summary, the person is looking for an inexpensive force sensor to measure the impact of paintballs for a study on bruise healing. They provide additional information on the specific application and mention some potential links for the sensor.
kwells
Does anyone know where I can purchase an inexpensive force sensor ? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
A bathroom scale at walmart.

Seriously though that question is to vague to be of any use. What is the application?

check these links out and see if it what you are looking for.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectric_sensor
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360060482109&rvr_id=&crlp=1_263602_263622&UA=WVI7&GUID=9e38ef641290a0aad4b53aa5fe433d36&itemid=360060482109&ff4=263602_263622

Sorry about that. I'm measuring the force of impact by a paintball at various distances using different types of paintballs (different shell to liquid ratios). This is actually part of a larger study in which I'm studying bruise healing. I'm creating bruises under controlled application of paintball. But I'd like to determine the level of force, so that I may minimize it for participant comfort. So I'm looking for an inexpensive force sensor to measure paintball impact. Thanks.

There are several options for purchasing inexpensive force sensors. You can try searching online for retailers that specialize in scientific equipment, as they often offer competitive prices. Additionally, many online marketplaces such as Amazon or eBay have a wide selection of force sensors at varying prices. Another option is to contact local universities or research institutions to see if they have any surplus equipment available for purchase. You may also consider reaching out to manufacturers directly to inquire about any discounted or clearance options they may have. As a scientist, it is important to carefully consider the specifications and accuracy of the force sensor before making a purchase to ensure it will meet your research needs.

Related to Where to Buy Inexpensive Force Sensors?

1. Where can I find inexpensive force sensors?

There are several places where you can find inexpensive force sensors. One option is to search for online retailers that specialize in selling scientific equipment at discounted prices. Another option is to check with local universities or research institutions to see if they have any surplus equipment for sale. Additionally, you may be able to find inexpensive force sensors at electronic stores or hobby shops.

2. What factors should I consider when purchasing inexpensive force sensors?

When buying inexpensive force sensors, it is important to consider the accuracy and sensitivity of the sensor, as well as the range of forces it can measure. You should also look into the durability and quality of the materials used to make the sensor, as well as any additional features or software compatibility that may be necessary for your specific research needs.

3. Are there any reputable brands or manufacturers of inexpensive force sensors?

Yes, there are several reputable brands and manufacturers that offer high-quality and affordable force sensors. Some popular options include Omega Engineering, Honeywell, and Futek. It is always a good idea to do some research and read reviews before making a purchase to ensure you are getting a reliable product.

4. Can I purchase used force sensors at a lower cost?

Yes, it is possible to find used force sensors at a lower cost. You can check online marketplaces, such as eBay or Craigslist, for second-hand sensors. However, it is important to thoroughly inspect the sensor and ensure it is in good working condition before making a purchase.

5. Are there any alternative options for obtaining inexpensive force sensors?

Yes, there are alternative options for obtaining inexpensive force sensors. Some universities or research institutions may have rental or loan programs for scientific equipment, which could include force sensors. You can also consider building your own force sensor using DIY tutorials and inexpensive materials, although this may require some technical knowledge and may not be as accurate as commercially available sensors.