Which Movie Will We Watch Together for Movie Night?

• Thread starter AJKing
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, the winners of the draw today are: Jurrasic Park, Serpico, and Ancient Aliens. Vote for the next 24 hours on which you want to watch as a group :).

Which film for film night?

• Total voters
AJKing
So the winners of the draw today are:

Jurrasic Park
Serpico
and
Ancient Aliens!

Vote for the next 24 hours on which you want to watch as a group :).
We'll use this thread for any movie talk as well.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Don't know how to add a poll, but I vote for Ancient Aliens :).

Poll added :smile:

I saw this one. An undercover cop from NY investigates claims of living dinosaurs that turn out to be ancient aliens.

If I could watch, I would vote Ancient Aliens. I always heard of Modern Aliens but never Ancient ones before!

Jimmy Snyder said:
I saw this one. An undercover cop from NY investigates claims of living dinosaurs that turn out to be ancient aliens.

The sequel is where the aliens end up escaping into NY and terrorising the city, only to later befriend a boy and his flying bike, then leaving in peace.

Done deal everyone :). The movie for this week is Ancient Aliens, Episode 1!

You can watch it on youtube or use whatever legal means you prefer to get a hold of it!

Chat about it here, or in the actual https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/flashchat.php.

AJKing said:

You can watch it on youtube or use whatever legal means you prefer to get a hold of it!

Chat about it here, or in the actual https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/flashchat.php.
I watched all I could take. I'll wait for next week's movie.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I watched all I could take. I'll wait for next week's movie.

Hahaha, that bad eh?
I'm pumped to hate this tomorrow night!

AJKing said:

Gwaaah! :cry::mad::cry:

From around 8:30:00 to around 10:30:00 the show seems to explain its own their own abomination of a technique that the show itself seems to follow as a rule (up to where I am so far anyway). Allow me to exaggerate a little (just a little) in a hypothetical conversation to express my point.

Mr. Narrator:
How could it be that civilizations living 4000 years ago knew that two plus two is equal to five? How could a primitive civilization have known Maxwell's equations of electromagnetic field theory and used it to harness electricity, or build a modern computer running Red Hat Linux? That would be tantamount to finding a jet airplane in the tomb of King Tut! And whom was these non-natural, enormous, structures, only visible from high altitudes, detailing the complete scripts of the both series "Melrose Place" and "The OC," intended for?​
Me:
But Mr. Narrator, the claims you are making are incorrect. Nobody claimed that 2+2=5. Nor did any ancient civilization build a computer (as we know it today). Nor any of the other stuff. You're making unfounded assumptions. They are misleading.​
Mr Narrator:
I'm not making any assumptions/claims. I'm just asking questions. Did you not see the question marks? There were 3 question marks in my last set of statements; did you not count them? Okay, so now we're in agreement about the number of question marks, I must be telling the truth. So now that we agree that Aliens were an integral part of ancient society, where did they come from?*
*(Don't forget to notice the question mark in that last sentence, meaning I'm not making a claim, but rather just asking a question.)​

I'm not sure I'm going to make it through the whole show.**

**Or, could it be that I will make it through the whole show?

Last edited:
I ended up falling asleep about half way through. In the show's defense, I was quite tired when I started watching it (as might be evident by several grammar mistakes in my previous post).

But I suppose we have 'till next week to finish watching it, right?

Some experts claim that the show isn't as bad as it looks and sounds.

Lol, that expert is Jimmy Snyder.

But no Jurassic Park votes? Come on people, am I the only one that loves dinosaurs?

Who cares about green midgets when you have amazing gigantic beats prowling around?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/536543_486462914708058_1961116100_n.jpg

But seriously, not a horrible exhibition of theories, but horribly presented.
I enjoyed the broken city with the exceptional machined-stone the best. As a casual machinist, I wish I could have been there to see them stressing out about every cut.

What ever happened to movie night? Should we pick a movie for next week?

I forgot about movie night, so... Are we just watching the movie and reporting back? It would seem like I'd be spending money to watch a film "thinking" others are watching at the same time. No reflection, just lonely-self and popcorn, and my imagination?

Related to Which Movie Will We Watch Together for Movie Night?

1. What movies are playing during Movie Night October 14-21?

The specific movies playing during Movie Night October 14-21 will depend on the event or venue hosting the movie night. You can check their website or social media pages for a schedule of the movies being shown.

2. How do I purchase tickets for Movie Night October 14-21?

The process for purchasing tickets for Movie Night October 14-21 will vary depending on the event or venue. Some may offer online ticket sales, while others may only sell tickets at the door. Check their website or social media pages for more information.

3. Is there an age restriction for Movie Night October 14-21?

The age restriction for Movie Night October 14-21 will depend on the rating of the movies being shown and the policies of the event or venue. Some may be family-friendly and open to all ages, while others may have age restrictions for certain movies. Check the event's website or social media pages for more information.

4. Are outside food and drinks allowed at Movie Night October 14-21?

Outside food and drinks policies will vary depending on the event or venue hosting Movie Night October 14-21. Some may allow outside food and drinks, while others may have restrictions or offer concessions for purchase. Check their website or social media pages for more information.

5. Can I bring my own seating for Movie Night October 14-21?

Seating policies will depend on the event or venue hosting Movie Night October 14-21. Some may provide seating, while others may allow you to bring your own. Check their website or social media pages for more information.