Who is patty falling in love with?

In summary, a group conversation about betting on who PattyLou's new love interest might be took place. Various members placed bets on different candidates, including TSA, MaxS, Russ, and Wolram. There was some confusion and cheating involved, but ultimately it was revealed that the new love interest is Smurf.
Okay. TSA - 1 GOOBF on Patty's husband.

Alright. Last call for bets! Closing in.. a shout amount of time!

Physics news on Phys.org
Smurf said:
Okay I'm back. Looks like we lost MaxS (he got banned 10 minutes ago! Damn!)
What sort of operation are you running around here? Someone places a bet and suddenly disappears?! We might need another meeting of the Genco families. It looks like someone's moving in on our turf! :grumpy:

It seems to me that her comment was in reference to MaxS (I guess she likes raving loonies that sling insults left and right), but she should be falling in love with me. I get the feeling, though, that I'm way more attractive in person than I am here.

Final tally:
Moonbear - 1 card on Russ, 1 card on Wolram
Loseyourname - 1 Card on LYN
Pengwuino - 1 card on Russ
Yomamma - 1 card of smurf
Mattmns - 1 card on TSA
Ron - 1 card on MaxS

Odds:

Smurf - 1:1
MaxS - 1:3
TSA - 1:4
LYN - 1:6
Wolram - 1:8
Yomamma - 1:20
Russ - 1:9200

Smurf said:
Final tally:
Mattmns - 1 card on TSA
Ron - 1 card on MaxS
Hey there you dirty rotten cheat! :grumpy: I never officially bet on Russ, and even if a bet was mistakenly placed, you just recorded it as withdrawn, and now you've got me betting on Russ again. :mad: What sort of crooked betting operation is this?

I'm going to have a word with Godfather Artman about making sure the Genco family gets our cut, or we'll expose your whole scam here. :devil:

*drum roll*
AND NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!

THE ANSWER TO THE MYSTERY YOU'VE ALL BEEN WONDERING

THE DECIDING MOMENT IN FOR YOU'RE ALL IMPORTANT WAGERS OF GOOBF CARDS!

THE NEW FOUND LOVE OF PATTYLOU

IS...

*drum roll*

Oooooh, I can't stand the suspense! :rofl:

Smurf - 1:1

Those are some good odds, maybe I should go with Smurf.

Smurf said:
Final tally:
Mattmns - 1 card on TSA
Ron - 1 card on MaxS

Yeah, I voted for MaxS. I just said she should be falling for me, not that she actually was.

loseyourname said:
Yeah, I voted for MaxS. I just said she should be falling for me, not that she actually was.
Told you he was a crooked bookie! :tongue:

Hey, that's a pretty long drumroll. :grumpy:

LOL... I thought Smurf was going to tell you... So I went off and read to the kids (with my husband whom I love dearly.)

But that's neither here nor there...

Here are a few quotes that can make me swoon. Most of them you’ll recognize. One of them was written by (drum roll) MaxS. Can you spot it? Bonus points for the additional authors or sources you recognize.

I'm saying it because it's true. Inside of us, we both know you belong with Victor. You're part of his work, the thing that keeps him going. If that plane leaves the ground and you're not with him, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that.
In every child who is born, no matter what circumstances, and of no matter what parents, the potentiality of the human race is born again: and in him, too, once more, and of each of us, our terrific responsibility toward human life; toward the utmost idea of goodness, of the horror of terror, and of God.
Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds.
That's all nonviolence is - organized love.
There are no barbarians. There are no savages. There are no races. There are human beings. All human beings are capable of horrible atrocities if driven to commit them, whether it be by religious fervor, nationalistic zeal, or some other cause.
I love that you get cold when it is 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle in your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
In separateness lies the world's great misery; in compassion lies the world's true strength.
To love another person is to see the face of God.
To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.
All you need is love.
Let us plant dates even though those who plant them will never eat them. We must live by the love of what we will never see. This is the secret discipline. It is a refusal to let the creative act be dissolved away in immediate sense experience, and a stubborn commitment to the future of our grandchildren.

That's all nonviolence is - organized love.

Well that's obviously me.

There are no barbarians. There are no savages. There are no races. There are human beings. All human beings are capable of horrible atrocities if driven to commit them, whether it be by religious fervor, nationalistic zeal, or some other cause.
thats MaxS

Smurf said:
thats MaxS

No its not, it makes sense.

All you need is love.
That's John Lennon

Smurf said:
That's John Lennon
Dude, If you're going to post like one identification every three minutes, you're using a search engine.

Edit: Which I would understand for Maya Angelou, but not for the Beatles.

:confused: Is that any better?

Last edited:
pattylou said:
Dude, If you're going to post like one identification every three minutes, you're using a search engine.

Which is pathetic when it comes to Lennon.
:confused: I only posted one - which I recognized. And then made a joke about John Lennon. Wow patty relax.

I'm relaxed.

You ID'd Max and then a few minutes later came back with Lennon. It just struck me as funny.

Oh! The "pathetic" comment was that *everyone* should know the beatles, that's all. I didn't mean you're pathetic. really.

Evo takes marriage seriously. pattylou says she is falling in love with MaxS, and then bam, MaxS is banned! I guess jackasses like me and Smurf are safe :smile:

mattmns said:
Evo takes marriage seriously. pattylou says she is falling in love with MaxS, and then bam, MaxS is banned! I guess jackasses like me and Smurf are safe :smile:
The funny thing is I was starting to take a shine to TSM shortly before he was banned, too.

(This is all in silliness, it should go without saying, but one never knows what other readers are thinking!)

mattmns said:

Jesus christ...

Get away from me pattylou :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

GET AWAY OR I SHALL DESTROY YOU!

*builds protective fortress*

"human beings were capable of the most horrendous atrocities imagineable" http://www.michiganatheists.org/events/caro/caro.html

But so could a large variety of motivations: religious fervor, nationalistic zeal, or the quest for personal glory (Sprinzak, 1998),

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:x9suph4_Q-kJ:www.wam.umd.edu/~hannahk/SHORTENED%2520DHS%2520BOSTON%2520TALK,%2520APRIL%252013.doc

Not exactly original.

People get banned for breaking the rules...repeatedly..after repeated warnings...and refusing to stop the abuse.

TSM hasn't been banned for a long time, most first bans are temporary.

Last edited by a moderator:
1st quote is Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca. Third one is from Shaxper, somewheres.

Evo said:
TSM hasn't been banned for a long time, most first bans are temporary.
I wonder if he knows that. I'd like it if her were to start posting again.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I wonder if he knows that. I'd like it if her were to start posting again.
He was brought here by a friend so I was expecting him to be back by now. I miss the old coot, someone tell him to come back. But he'd better behave. :devil:

By the way...
Patty said:
(with my husband whom I love dearly.)
I WIN! PAY UP LITTLE BLUE MAN!

Yah... i feel very out of touch with chinese news since he's been gone.

So I was right. In fact, I was the only one right (as always).

But I'm not following; again, why was he banned?

Ron_Damon said:
So I was right. In fact, I was the only one right (as always).

But I'm not following; again, why was he banned?
Hmm...I think you're a prime suspect. You certainly had motive to eliminate the competition to raise the odds on your bet. We'll have to check your credit card receipts for any recent purchases of large quantities of chocolate shipped to Kansas. :cool: <--That's my detective outfit.

pattylou said:
LOL... I thought Smurf was going to tell you... So I went off and read to the kids (with my husband whom I love dearly.)

But that's neither here nor there...

Here are a few quotes that can make me swoon. Most of them you’ll recognize. One of them was written by (drum roll) MaxS. Can you spot it? Bonus points for the additional authors or sources you recognize.
pattylou--that was great!

I love that you get cold when it is 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle in your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

Billy Crystal as Harry in "Harry Met Sally" (I'll almost be embarrassed if I'm right about a quote in a chick flick). :redface:

Oh, and my bet is on Rev Prez or whatever his name was. (He was banned, too, when you think about it). :shifty eyes:

And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night.
Does anyone else see two ways of interpreting this ?