Why are teenage boys so disgusting?

• Thread starter Richard87
  • Start date
In summary: TV was on "The Jerry Springer Show." Wow, wow, wow. That is a human wasteland.But now I know what those folks were like in high school! Those knuckle-draggers (on the show and in the audience) were definitely the same ones who shout out like this, as a pass time!The thing is, though, that this sort of thing doesn't really belong in a formal setting like a doctor's office. It's just a waste of time and energy and it's really not appropriate for people who are there to get medical care.Some people bring their young children and siblings to those sporting events. I wouldn
I like this game the teens are playing. More power to the teens for this! They need this to be better then we are. De-stigmatizing words is a good thing isn't it?

Think about this, old people.

What do you fear, shouting penis in public? Pretend you are in a restaurant and you shout ‘penis’. What do you fear will happen?

You fear social ostracization.

It's a rotten game we play when we persecute others for the words they use, and conversely, use words to disempower others.

N*ger is the word that disempowers the most. I still can't type it. It's too painful to too many. The world will be a better place when I can drag my white *** up to a black friend and ask him “how’s it going, n*ger” and we are equally amused at the tension this word once caused. Rap artists have done what they can to take away its power over blacks. Maybe the next generation will find the word irrelevant, as we have failed to do.

This penis game will help to take our sexual phobias out of the closet, to be addressed and dissipated---maybe not your phobias and mine, but your children’s.

Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:
The simple fact is, yelling potty-words sends one message, loud and clear:

"I am newly away from my parents and am drunk with rebellious freedom."

reminds me of the mating call of the Southern belle: "Hay y'all, I'm drunk!"

all this rebelliousness is a way for teen males to advertise their reproductive prowess to teen females.

Proton Soup said:
all this rebelliousness is a way for teen males to advertise their reproductive prowess to teen females.

Sorry but this is just too funny.

Proton Soup said:

I don't go around yelling penis to get laid. It has the exact opposite effect in most situations.

I agree with Moto (I can't
believe it) on this one. Yelling out genitalia is a surefire way to never get laid.

Proton is perhaps right but making a direct connection where there are other links in the chain. A male doing similar such things advertises, not a sexual prowess but, a freedom from restriction which for some may indicate strength and could be connected with virility. Not very sensible perhaps but immature young girls seem to have a preference for rebellious immature young guys.

Which totally sucks for all of the mature young guys (read: me) who would never do such things.

Women seem attracted to people who are bad for them (immature guys, bad-asses, et cetera)

Phrak said:
I like this game the teens are playing. More power to the teens for this! They need this to be better then we are. De-stigmatizing words is a good thing isn't it?

I think the point is that they haven't de-stigmatized the word. The only reason they get a thrill from shouting "penis" in public is because there IS a stigma to the word, and they themselves perceive that stigma. If the word was just another word to them, they might as well be shouting, "CAKE!" or "APPLES!" neither of which do they find amusing or thrilling.

Why are some children rude and crude? I would guess because their parents are rude and crude.

zoobyshoe said:
Yes. That's my point. What's grotesque is forcing yourself to pretend you're comfortable with any word by yelling it out. It send the opposite message, that you're actually not comfortable with it. You are clearly, as Shakespeare would have said, protesting too much.

...Which is why they do it.

MotoH said:
That one went right over your head and hit the wall behind you didn't it?
you talk about yourself "that one"? strange, but a bit.. original;]

Char. Limit said:
Women seem attracted to people who are bad for them (immature guys, bad-asses, et cetera)
women often like people who are bad for them, that's right. they don't like men who are always good and nice for them, who are doing everything for them. but being on other side and behaving like some teenagers is much worse way to attract a woman. its important to find a golden mean. i will not explain you basics of seduction, it will be much better if you find these theories yourself;]

why children are rude? on world always were bad people/children, but not as many as today. today food is loaded with sterides (good english name?) and other chemical substances which lead to increase agression of man. modern human society is also not good environment to grow up for a child. see what adults do ex. for get more money. children just behave like them because they take example for them. sorry for my english;]

player1_1_1 said:
today food is loaded with sterides (good english name?) and other chemical substances which lead to increase agression of man.

Oh ! Really?:confused:

player1_1_1 said:
modern human society is also not good environment to grow up for a child.
Yes I bet it was really fun trying to survive past 5 in the middle ages.
Penis

TheStatutoryApe said:
Proton is perhaps right but making a direct connection where there are other links in the chain. A male doing similar such things advertises, not a sexual prowess but, a freedom from restriction which for some may indicate strength and could be connected with virility. Not very sensible perhaps but immature young girls seem to have a preference for rebellious immature young guys.

The freedom from restriction part is operative, but not because it indicates strength and virility. Girls are always under the onus of being labeled "sluts" if they seem too sexually eager. A rebellious, unrestricted guy is going to ignore all their inhibitions and do his best to overcome their social conditioning. He'll exude sexuality with no shame, circumventing all her worries about him thinking poorly of her if she responds in kind.

Nice, courteous guys will sit around waiting for permission, and be apologetic for any remotely sexual innuendos, broadcasting the message "Sex is bad". By putting a damper on his own sexuality he sends the message she must as well. That's the opposite of what she wants to hear. She'll flee to the guy who assures her her inhibitions are ridiculous.

That's likely to be the the guy who uses profanity in a relaxed, unconscious way, without thinking, not the weirdo who shouts "PENIS!" at the top of his lungs.

bp_psy said:
Oh ! Really?:confused:
i see that your health is very important for you, that's good! don't worry - you can easily get eco food in many shops:)
bp_psy said:
Yes I bet it was really fun trying to survive past 5 in the middle ages.
i know its difficult to understand my english, but if you are talking to me, you had better do this - it looks strange when someone adds something what other man didnt say;] i had written that modern society is bad environment to grow up for a children, where can you see that it was better 5 ages ago? tell me please, I am curious!:D
bp_psy said:
Penis
something to boast.. yeah;]

zoobyshoe talks very wise things, read carefully what he has written!:D

player1_1_1 said:
i see that your health is very important for you, that's good! don't worry - you can easily get eco food in many shops:)

i know its difficult to understand my english, but if you are talking to me, you had better do this - it looks strange when someone adds something what other man didnt say;] i had written that modern society is bad environment to grow up for a children, where can you see that it was better 5 ages ago? tell me please, I am curious!:D

something to boast.. yeah;]

zoobyshoe talks very wise things, read carefully what he has written!:D

:bugeye:

player1_1_1 said:
... modern society is bad environment to grow up for a children, where can you see that it was better 5 ages ago? tell me please, I am curious!:D
It's pretty straightforward: children have a far higher chance of surviving to adulthood today than at any other time in history. And they will be much healthier, and they will live longer.

In modern society, people keep on beginning their sentences with "in modern society" even if what they're about to describe has been true since before societies existed.

I did want to say one thing:

The reason why we nice, courteous guys apologize for any remotely sexual innuendo is because many of us know that if you say a sexual innuendo around a woman, she can and possibly will sue you for sexual harassment, especially in an office environment. The apologizing is a defense mechanism.

Now, granted, not all women are like this (OBVIOUS FACT ALERT!). However, some are, and you never quite know unless you've been around them for a long time.

Char. Limit said:

The reason why we nice, courteous guys apologize for any remotely sexual innuendo is because many of us know that if you say a sexual innuendo around a woman, she can and possibly will sue you for sexual harassment, especially in an office environment. The apologizing is a defense mechanism.

Now, granted, not all women are like this (OBVIOUS FACT ALERT!). However, some are, and you never quite know unless you've been around them for a long time.

Oh this is so true. And it is always the women who have no friends and are mega b****y! No wonder they don't have any friends

Char. Limit said:

Authentic sexual harassment and unwanted sexual advances exist. This happens when clueless horny guys press themselves, tactlessly and insistently, on women who aren't interested, the stereotype being the crude construction workers whistling and calling out sexual invitations to random women passing by. Likewise, the boss who extorts sex by threatening to fire, demote, or increase the workload of an employee, is obviously a desperate idiot on top of being a criminal. These people, once again, do not feel at ease with sex, and their behavior screams it.

The guy who can get a delighted giggle out of a woman with a sexual innuendo is CLEARLY neither into force or shame. He would project equanimity; the sense he's not going to get bent out of shape, or take it personally if she objects. He'll just shrug and move on with his ego perfectly intact.

As a general observation from one who has had experience in medicine... ALL people are disgusting, at all ages although not always intentionally.

Frame Dragger said:
As a general observation from one who has had experience in medicine... ALL people are disgusting, at all ages although not always intentionally.

Reminds me of the episode of Friends where Rachael dates a gynecologist. He say to her, "You're a waitress. Don't you ever get sick of the sight of coffee? Don't you ever feel that if you have to look at ONE MORE cup of coffee you're going to get sick to your stomach?"

Zooby, you twisted my words so far out of context that it actually physically hurt my back.

When did I ever deny that authentic sexual harassment existed? I even went out of my way to be fair by saying that most women didn't accuse men of sexual harassment for
minor things. And this!

Obviously authentic sexual harassment exists. Only a moron would think otherwise. I'm not glad that you see me as such.

Char. Limit said:
Zooby, you twisted my words so far out of context that it actually physically hurt my back.

When did I ever deny that authentic sexual harassment existed? I even went out of my way to be fair by saying that most women didn't accuse men of sexual harassment for
minor things. And this!

Obviously authentic sexual harassment exists. Only a moron would think otherwise. I'm not glad that you see me as such.

I did not twist your words, nor did I think you were denying authentic sexual harassment exists. I was trying to put your concerns about being accused of it into perspective such that you don't feel afraid to flirt. The important thing in my post was not the part about sexual harassment but about the difference between it and non-threatening flirting, (which will be understood even by hardcore lesbians who would not sleep with a man under any circumstances).

zoobyshoe said:
Reminds me of the episode of Friends where Rachael dates a gynecologist. He say to her, "You're a waitress. Don't you ever get sick of the sight of coffee? Don't you ever feel that if you have to look at ONE MORE cup of coffee you're going to get sick to your stomach?"

Yeah, and that was a VERY optimistic view. Imagine 'You're a waitress... do you ever get tired of cleaning the grease traps, gum from under the tables, and getting your *** pinched? is probably a more accurate metaphor :rofl:

What can I say, the book was right; "Everybody Poops" :tongue:

Frame Dragger said:
Yeah, and that was a VERY optimistic view. Imagine 'You're a waitress... do you ever get tired of cleaning the grease traps, gum from under the tables, and getting your *** pinched? is probably a more accurate metaphor :rofl:

What can I say, the book was right; "Everybody Poops" :tongue:
I just realized: it seems like a no-brainer, but for some reason Dirty Jobs has never had an episode about dealing with impacted bowels.

zoobyshoe said:
I just realized: it seems like a no-brainer, but for some reason Dirty Jobs has never had an episode about dealing with impacted bowels.

Did you SEE the episode where he palpated female cows through the anus to see if they had calves?! They don't have impacted bowels because he's elbow deep in them already. :rofl:

Frame Dragger said:
Did you SEE the episode where he palpated female cows through the anus to see if they had calves?! They don't have impacted bowels because he's elbow deep in them already. :rofl:
Yeah, I saw that one. I also once saw a documentary about an Intern in a hospital. They followed him through a 36 hour shift during which he got increasingly irritable from fatigue, and then he got to deal with a guy with impacted bowels. He was thrilled! Just as thrilled as Mike Rowe when he had to put his arm in the cow bowels. So, I think human impacted bowels is a no-brainer for Dirty Jobs. Maybe they're saving that for the very last episode.

zoobyshoe said:
Yeah, I saw that one. I also once saw a documentary about an Intern in a hospital. They followed him through a 36 hour shift during which he got increasingly irritable from fatigue, and then he got to deal with a guy with impacted bowels. He was thrilled! Just as thrilled as Mike Rowe when he had to put his arm in the cow bowels. So, I think human impacted bowels is a no-brainer for Dirty Jobs. Maybe they're saving that for the very last episode.

I've treated impacted (human) bowels, but you couldn't pay me in platinum ingots to do Mike Rowe's job :rofl:

Frankly, in medecine it isn't the bowel functions that are so terrible. You're bound to see wounds and limbs at angles that just strike a wrong chord with most people. I'd rather wade hip deep in **** than see someone who took a header into the pavement sans helment (on a bike or motorcycle).

For out and out disgusting, nothing is worse than days 5-14 of human decomp at room temp. That... is almost unbearable.

Frame Dragger said:
For out and out disgusting, nothing is worse than days 5-14 of human decomp at room temp. That... is almost unbearable.

When asked, Mike did say that the worst smell he'd ever encountered in his job, bar none, was the one where he "stewed" the meat off animal carcasses to recover the skeletons.

DaveC426913 said:
When asked, Mike did say that the worst smell he'd ever encountered in his job, bar none, was the one where he "stewed" the meat off animal carcasses to recover the skeletons.

I believe it. That I cannot even IMAGINE. I'd rather be in a lab full of specimen jars and formalin.

Frame Dragger said:
Frankly, in medecine it isn't the bowel functions that are so terrible. You're bound to see wounds and limbs at angles that just strike a wrong chord with most people. I'd rather wade hip deep in **** than see someone who took a header into the pavement sans helment (on a bike or motorcycle).

That all sounds pretty bad, indeed. I met a girl a few nights ago who was thinking about going into pathology. I'm sure she doesn't quite realize how bad it could get.

Not that i don't love yall but guys are mostly disgusting because that's their jobs... lol... to annoy us into insanity

sweetpea1993 said:
thats their jobs... lol... to annoy us into insanity
In my experience its a two way street. ;-)

IMHO, and it is feeling humble right now, women were put on this planet to annoy men and vice versa.

Of course, I happen to be very good at it, and not in the teenage way described here, IRL.