Why can't I find my old posts?

• Thread starter Istiak
  • Start date
In summary, you can find your old posts by clicking on your name on the top of your post, by looking at your posts under 'Messages,' or by clicking on the link in the message number.
Istiak
I was looking at my profile to find out my old posts. Now I want some information which is left there. I looked at my notification. They were completely empty. I could take a look at mail but there's currently some problem with that, that's why I am visiting my mail. I looked at https://www.physicsforums.com/account/ but couldn't find anything. Where can I find my old posts?

(I can't find any Meta support here so posting the question in General Discussion)

Physics news on Phys.org
Click on your name at the top of your post and then on your name in the popup window. That takes you to your profile, and you can either click on Find and then find all posts, or look at the Postings tab. Alternatively, use the search feature, leaving keywords blank (or not, as you prefer) and putting your username in the By field.

Likes mfb
By the way, this kind of post should go in the Feedback forum. I've asked for it to be moved.

Likes Istiak
Ibix said:
By the way, this kind of post should go in the Feedback forum. I've asked for it to be moved.
Done.

Likes Ibix
Istiakshovon said:
I was looking at my profile to find out my old posts. Now I want some information which is left there. I looked at my notification. They were completely empty. I could take a look at mail but there's currently some problem with that, that's why I am visiting my mail. I looked at https://www.physicsforums.com/account/ but couldn't find anything. Where can I find my old posts?

(I can't find any Meta support here so posting the question in General Discussion)
I can see all 115 of your posts going back to May 2021. Just click on your name and under "Messages" you'll see 115. Just click on that and it will list them all.

Likes mfb
PeroK said:
Just click on your name and under "Messages" you'll see 115. Just click on that and it will list them all.
I hadn't noticed those numbers were links. That's my learning point for the day!

1. Why can't I find my old posts on social media?

There could be several reasons for this. One possibility is that your posts may have been deleted by you or the platform. Another reason could be that your posts were hidden or removed due to violating the platform's community guidelines. It is also possible that the posts were archived or moved to a different section of the platform, such as a "memories" feature.

2. Can I retrieve my old posts?

It depends on the platform and their policies. Some platforms may have a feature to retrieve deleted posts within a certain time frame, while others may not have this option. It is always a good idea to check the platform's help center or contact their support team for assistance.

3. Why do old posts disappear from my profile?

This could be due to a number of reasons. It is possible that the platform has a limit on the number of posts that can be displayed on your profile, so as you make new posts, the older ones get pushed down or removed. Another possibility is that the platform has a feature to automatically archive or hide old posts after a certain amount of time.

4. How can I keep track of my old posts?

One way to keep track of your old posts is by saving them on your device or taking screenshots. Some platforms also have a feature to save posts to a "saved" section for easy access. Additionally, you can use hashtags or keywords when posting to make it easier to search for your old posts in the future.

5. Is it possible for my old posts to reappear on my profile?

Yes, it is possible. As platforms update and change their algorithms, old posts may resurface on your profile or in your followers' feeds. Additionally, if you or someone else shares an old post, it will appear on your profile again. However, this is not a guarantee and it ultimately depends on the platform's algorithms and policies.