Why isnt my post being removed?

• Thread starter LatexZone
  • Start date
In summary, there could be several reasons why a post may not be removed, such as moderators not seeing it or not considering it a violation of community guidelines. If a post is not removed, it is possible to appeal the decision by providing a valid reason and evidence. The time it takes for a post to be removed varies and it is important to be patient. It may be possible to edit a post to comply with guidelines and avoid removal. If a post continues to not be removed, it is best to reach out to the platform directly to express concerns and provide additional evidence.
LatexZone
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=2631885&postcount=6

I have reported it days ago, I reported it again yesterday, now today and it still hasn't been removed..

Physics news on Phys.org
Posts are not removed on demand. See the PF rules:

Neither member accounts nor a member's posts will be deleted on demand. It is up to the discretion of the forum owners and admins. Posts are for everyone's benefit and should be thought of as permanent.

Furthermore, stop posting the same thing in the feedback forum. Had you read the PF rules you would realize why your request was not being honoured.

1. Why isn't my post being removed even though it violates the community guidelines?

There could be several reasons why your post is not being removed. It's possible that the moderators have not seen your post yet, or they may not consider it to be a violation of the community guidelines. It's also possible that your post was reported by other users, but after review, it was determined that it did not violate the guidelines.

2. Can I appeal the decision to not remove my post?

Yes, most platforms have an option to appeal a decision to not remove a post. However, you will need to provide a valid reason and evidence to support your claim that the post should be removed.

3. How long does it take for a post to be removed?

The time it takes for a post to be removed can vary depending on the platform and the specific situation. Some posts may be removed immediately if they are clearly in violation of the community guidelines, while others may take longer to review and make a decision. It's important to be patient and allow the moderators to properly handle the situation.

4. Can I edit my post to comply with the guidelines and avoid it being removed?

Yes, in some cases, you may be able to edit your post to comply with the community guidelines and avoid it being removed. However, this may not always be possible, and it's important to make sure your post follows the guidelines before posting it.

5. What happens if my post continues to not be removed even after multiple reports?

If your post continues to not be removed, even after multiple reports, it's possible that the moderators have determined it does not violate the community guidelines. In this case, it's best to reach out to the platform directly to express your concerns and provide any additional evidence or information that may support your claim that the post should be removed.