Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

• Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary, the player played the New York Times daily word game and found that they had a higher fail rate in playing against Spanish-speaking humans. They also mentioned that the game is similar to a board game they remember from their childhood.
  • #3,886
Wordle 1,025 5/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,887
Wordle 1,026 4/6*

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Some guessing went into that. The second guess wasn't too bright.

• #3,888
I wish I could say I was certain on guess #3 …

Wordle 1 026 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Likes sbrothy
  • #3,889
Wordle 1,026 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #3,890
Wordle 1,026 4/6*

⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #3,891
Wordle 1,026 2/6

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Wow
Likes Mister T, OmCheeto and kuruman
  • #3,892
Wordle 1,026 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟧⬜
🟦🟦🟦⬜⬜
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

• #3,893
Wordle 1,026 2/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A good first word (for once!)

sbrothy said:
Some guessing went into that.
well, given your username here...

• Haha
  • Wow
Likes Mister T, OmCheeto, sbrothy and 1 other person
  • #3,894
gmax137 said:
Wordle 1,026 2/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A good first word (for once!)

well, given your username here...
Hah well, with the username there's an explanation. My name is "(S)ΓΈren (Bro) (Thy)gesen. I know "sbrothy" sounds like some weird squid, but it's never taken when I have to register somewhere (the backside is that I'm incredibly easy to find in google). I even asked how native English speakers "pronounce" it when reading inwards and apparently they "pronounce" it exactly as I would expect. I'm known on the streets in my hometown (even to people I don't know myself) as "SΓΈren Bog" (Bog = Book) because I read books as I walk around, and yes: I sometimes walk into stuff - lightpoles mostly - much to the amusement of the public and adding to my notoriety. I've managed to stop traffic and have people exit their vehicles to applause at my stupid antics.

OTOH, strangers approach me with books they think I should read, so it's all fun.

EDIT: What I don't understand though, is that people walk around staring at their smartphones but noone find that even remotely weird.

Last edited:
Likes gmax137
  • #3,896
sbrothy said:
Wordle 1,027 4/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Oh no! I looked at your spoiler before I realized it's (for me) tomorrow's puzzle.

• Sad
Likes sbrothy
  • #3,897
Sorry for stealing your fun. I'll mark them a little more clearly going forward.

Likes Mister T
  • #3,898
Wordle 1 027 3/6

🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #3,899
Wordle 1,027 3/6

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #3,901
Wordle 1,027 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I was sure my #3 was a winner. D'Oh. Looks like @jack action made the same pick for his #4.

Mister T said:
Oh no! I looked at your spoiler before I realized it's (for me) tomorrow's puzzle.
I don't look at this thread until I have done the puzzle (I think I'm usually among the last). I don't want to see if everyone's getting it in three, or six. That's kind of a clue (if everyone had a hard time maybe it has a Q or X, or it's all vowels...)

Likes sbrothy, jack action and Mister T
  • #3,902
Wordle 1,027 3/6

🟦🟦⬜⬜🟧
⬜🟦🟦🟧🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

• #3,903
gmax137 said:
Wordle 1,027 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I was sure my #3 was a winner. D'Oh. Looks like @jack action made the same pick for his #4.

I don't look at this thread until I have done the puzzle (I think I'm usually among the last). I don't want to see if everyone's getting it in three, or six. That's kind of a clue (if everyone had a hard time maybe it has a Q or X, or it's all vowels...)
Yeah. Especially if you know people's start-words you risk getting a clue even if you don't want one.

• #3,904
Now watch out. I'm ahead of you americans by about 6 hours, so this is your tomorrow's puzzle.

Wordle 1,028 2/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

And yeh. I might have been just a little lucky. A tiny smidge of luck :P

Which reminds me, I'll start varying my start-word or put the whole thing within SPOILERs in accordance with my comment above....

• Wow
Likes Mister T and OmCheeto
  • #3,905
Wordle 1 028 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #3,906
Orodruin said:
Wordle 1 028 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
You also didn't need many clues. Are you keeping score with used words?

• #3,907
Wordle 1,028 4/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #3,908
sbrothy said:
Wordle 1,028 2/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

According to my calculations, you had 132 words to choose from, both previous and future game solutions. I find that interesting, as globally, 1% of the players today solved the game in 2 guesses.

I've never formally studied statistics but am curious if this means that globally, everyone averaged out to about 100 potential solutions after their first guess?

• #3,909
sbrothy said:
Now watch out. I'm ahead of you americans by about 6 hours, so this is your tomorrow's puzzle.

Wordle 1,028 2/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Which reminds me, I'll start varying my start-word or put the whole thing within SPOILERs in accordance with my comment above....
I don't think you need to add these caveats for Americans unless my stupid mistake keeps getting repeated. It doesn't take much effort on my part to be a bit more careful.

• #3,910
Wordle 1,028 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟦⬜🟦⬜
🟧🟦🟦⬜🟦
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

• #3,911
sbrothy said:
You also didn't need many clues. Are you keeping score with used words?
No. There was only one possible solution after the first two guesses.

Keep in mind that a white square also contains information.
After the two first guesses I know that it ends with Y, has an I that is not in the second position, no other vowels, and a bunch of common consonants are excluded. This left only one possible solution.

• #3,912
Wordle 1,028 5/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

sbrothy said:

Wordle 1,028 2/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

You use the same first guess as I do but I'm really curious about why you would choose that word as a second guess.

To my count, the first word left 749 possibilities. If your second guess wasn't right at all, it would have left you with 306 words, which is a lot. If my second guess CLONS wouldn't have been right at all, I would have been left with 48 words. In this case, I had only 15 possibilities left. Personally, I don't think too much and used the easy method of eliminating the most popular letters until I found at least 4 of them before guessing - unless I'm very lucky and a few fall into their right place.

Why choose such a word? The letters WYH wouldn't give you much information if they weren't in the word we are looking for.

This is not "a tiny smidge" of luck, it's "a hole-in-one on a windy day" kind of luck!

• #3,913
Wordle 1,028 4/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #3,914
Wordle 1,028 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟦⬜
⬜🟦🟦⬜🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

• #3,915
Wordle 1 029 3/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #3,916
Wordle 1,029 4/6

πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟨🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #3,918
Wordle 1,029 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Should've stuck with my start-word. Ah well.

• #3,919
Wordle 1,029 2/6

🟧🟦⬜🟦🟦
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

• Wow
Likes Mister T and OmCheeto
  • #3,920
Wordle 1,029 3/6

πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ© Diversifying vowels rather than going with my gut.
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩