Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

• Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary, the player played the New York Times daily word game and found that they had a higher fail rate in playing against Spanish-speaking humans. They also mentioned that the game is similar to a board game they remember from their childhood.
  • #4,131
Wordle 1,055 6/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #4,132
Wordle 1,055 3/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

No cheating. My first answer yielded only 13 remaining solutions, and my 2nd guess left only 2. So this was mostly luck. Globally, this is a very difficult game with a mean of 4.895 guesses to solve. Sigma is 0.965.

• #4,133
Wordle 1,055 5/6

⬜🟦⬜⬜🟦
⬜⬜⬜🟦🟦
🟦🟧⬜⬜🟧
⬜🟧🟧⬜🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

• #4,134
OmCheeto said:
and my 2nd guess left only 2
According to https://5-letter-words.com/, you had at least 4 possible words: JERKY, JERRY, KERKY, KERRY.

Even assuming your first 2 guesses contain B, D, N, P, M - the combination leaving the least amount of guesses - you still have 7 other words left: CERTY, FERLY, FERRY, HERRY, SERRY, TERRY, VERRY are also possibilities with your 2nd guess.

But, I admit, some of them are less likely to be the word.

• #4,135
OmCheeto said:
Globally, this is a very difficult game with a mean of 4.895 guesses to solve.
Is that for just today's puzzle or for the game overall.

• #4,136
Wordle 1,055 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #4,137
Wordle 1,055 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟦
⬜⬜⬜🟦🟦
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

• #4,138
Wordle 1,055 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #4,139
Wordle 1 056 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #4,140
jack action said:
According to https://5-letter-words.com/, you had at least 4 possible words: ...
That site lists words that are accepted but are not solutions. It also lists previous solutions. I keep track of those. So far, the game has not resorted to putting old solutions back into circulation.

I use the following site to check on Wordlebot's game each day: https://tryhardguides.com/wordle-solver/

and use a spreadsheet while I play the game as I consider myself almost illiterate to the point where I will stare at the letters on the Wordle keyboard for an eternity and not come up with anything.

Mister T said:
Is that for just today's puzzle or for the game overall.
Just todays. The average of the global mean for the last few hundred games hovers around 4.000 . For PF it averages about 3.700 .

• Informative
Likes jack action and dwarde
  • #4,141
OmCheeto said:
For PF it averages about 3.700 .
You mean for solutions people post on PF … 😏

• Haha
Likes OmCheeto
  • #4,142
Wordle 1,056 3/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #4,143
Wordle 1,056 6/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

So, I'm getting all 5 letters (in the wrong places) with my first three guesses and then two anagrams of the answer with not a single letter in the right place. What are the odds of that?!

• #4,144
jack action said:
Wordle 1,056 6/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

So, I'm getting all 5 letters (in the wrong places) with my first three guesses and then two anagrams of the answer with not a single letter in the right place. What are the odds of that?!
Very interesting. I had only three letters in the wrong places and only one possible solution…

• #4,145
Orodruin said:
Very interesting. I had only three letters in the wrong places and only one possible solution…
For those interested in my game:
I-R-A-T-E
C-L-O-N-S
D-U-M-P-Y
A-M-I-D-E
A-I-M-E-D
M-E-D-I-A​
Full disclosure: I don't use lists to help me find the answer and English is not my mother tongue.

• #4,146
Interesting.
I probably would not have made that 5th guess since the positioning of the A made it impossible to be the correct word and you had all the pieces. MEDIA was the only possible option at that point I think so ensuring that the guess does not violate earlier guesses would invariably solve it in 5 at that point.

• #4,147
Orodruin said:
Interesting.
I probably would not have made that 5th guess since the positioning of the A made it impossible to be the correct word and you had all the pieces. MEDIA was the only possible option at that point I think so ensuring that the guess does not violate earlier guesses would invariably solve it in 5 at that point.
I should have known my 4th guess was not the right one either with the position of the 'E'. I just couldn't see what the word was, so I was trying anything that sounded like a word. (I didn't even know AMIDE was a word!)

With my 5th guess, I knew it couldn't be the answer, but I knew it was a word, I couldn't think of anything else, and I was hoping to at least find one or more letters in the right place to help me. In the end, knowing where NOT to put the letters is still a clue!

I always have trouble when I have all the letters in the wrong positions.

• #4,148
Wordle 1,056 4/6

🟦⬜⬜⬜🟦
⬜⬜🟦🟦⬜
⬜🟦⬜🟦⬜
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

• #4,149
Wordle 1,056 3/6

⬜⬜🟦⬜🟦
⬜🟦⬜🟦⬜
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

• #4,150
jack action said:
Wordle 1,056 6/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Well, your 4th and 5th words are not valid* solutions. Using all the words accepted, there are 2 sets of words with 13 words that are anagrams. Sets with at least 3 anagrams, as in your case, numbers nearly 1600.

example
legit solution words = 1​
accepted words
letters sorted​
count
0​
strae
aerst​
0​
stear
aerst​
0​
taser
aerst​
0​
aster
aerst​
0​
teras
aerst​
0​
tares
aerst​
0​
rates
aerst​
0​
tears
aerst​
0​
arets
aerst​
0​
resat
aerst​
0​
reast
aerst​
0​
earst
aerst​
1​
stare
aerst​

*The list of solution words is dynamic, so don't carve my statements into stone. I wouldn't be surprised if TASER has been added to the list. And ASTER is a type of flower, so gardeners might be familiar with that.

Last edited:
  • #4,151
Wordle 1,056 5/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #4,152
Wordle 1,056 4/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #4,153
Wordle 1.057 3/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Started on #1056 too late and it really troubled me. I used so much time that suddenly I was solving the next one instead and well… that, strangely, wasn’t so hard.

• #4,154
Wordle 1 057 3/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #4,155
Wordle 1,057 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #4,157
Wordle 1,057 4/6

🟦⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟦🟦⬜🟦
🟦🟦🟦⬜⬜
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧
Should have gone with my gut on 2nd guess. πŸ˜€

• #4,158
Wordle 1,057 4/6

⬜🟦🟦🟦⬜
⬜⬜🟦🟧🟧
🟧⬜🟦🟧🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

• #4,159
Wordle 1,057 3/6

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #4,160
All of a sudden I remembered a spoiler from yesterday.
Wordle 1,057 4/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #4,161
Wordle 1 058 3/6

⬜🟩⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• #4,162
Wordle 1,058 4/6