Writing Critical and Reduced Temperatures Using Range Index in MathCAD

In summary, the user asked for help with writing critical and reduced temperatures in mathcad using a range index. The conversation included a suggested solution and a request for nonproprietary file formats for attachments. The user expressed gratitude for the help provided.
chidagi
Hello everyone,

I want to write in mathcad some critical temperatures and reduced temperatures using a range index (like in the document I've attached) and i can't figure how to do it (i'm new in mathcad)
Is it possible to write those in this way?

Thank you and sorry if i put the question in the wrong section.

Attachments

• temperature.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 251
Physics news on Phys.org
chidagi: Try this, and see if it is what you want.

i := 1 ... 5
Tcri := 200, 300, 350, 400, 450
T := 100
Tri := T/Tcri
Tr =
Tr2 =

Also, please use a nonproprietary, portable file format for attached files. I cannot open proprietary file formats, such as .doc.

Thank you again, you solved my problem.

1. What is a range index in MathCAD?

A range index in MathCAD is a way of representing a series of values or variables in a compact form. It allows you to perform calculations on multiple elements at once without having to specify each one individually.

2. How do I create a range index in MathCAD?

To create a range index in MathCAD, you can use the colon (:) operator. For example, if you want to create a range index from 1 to 10, you can write "1:10" and MathCAD will automatically generate a series of values from 1 to 10.

3. Can I use a range index in equations and functions?

Yes, you can use a range index in equations and functions in MathCAD. You can use a range index as an input variable in a function or use it in an equation to perform calculations on a series of values.

4. How do I modify a range index in MathCAD?

To modify a range index in MathCAD, you can use the replace function or the subscript operator. These methods allow you to change specific elements within the range index or add new elements to it.

5. Are there any limitations to using range indexes in MathCAD?

While range indexes can be very useful, there are some limitations to using them in MathCAD. For example, you cannot use a range index as an input variable for a solve block or in a differential equation. Additionally, range indexes can only contain numerical values and cannot be used with non-numerical data types.