Power source that turns physics on its head

In summary, the conversation discusses a power source created by Dr. Randell Mills called "hydrino" that has caused controversy in the physics world. The article and various sources provide information and opinions on this topic, with some claiming it to be a hoax. The conversation also mentions previous articles and investigations on hydrinos, as well as the possibility of it being a new energy resource. However, others argue that after 25 years, no concrete evidence has been produced to support this claim. The conversation ends with a statement from a professor claiming that a household heater using this technology will be available in four years.
Human Being
"Power source that turns physics on its head"

Welcome. I am curious about what you knowledgeable folks here at PF think, regarding this current event. I searched for any threads which already regard the topic, but found only two with very limited discussion.

Fuel's paradise? Power source that turns physics on its head
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/story/0,3605,1627424,00.html

A meaty excerpt:

Alok Jha said:
What has much of the physics world up in arms is Dr Mills's claim that he has produced a new form of hydrogen, the simplest of all the atoms, with just a single proton circled by one electron. In his "hydrino", the electron sits a little closer to the proton than normal, and the formation of the new atoms from traditional hydrogen releases huge amounts of energy.
Here are some previous articles about Dr. Randell Mills, and the "hydrino".

Randell Mills: Hydrinos - http://www.rexresearch.com/millshyd/millshyd.htm

Hydrogen is potential new energy resource - http://www.keelynet.com/energy/hydmills.htm

Harvard M.D.Challenges Big Bang Theory
http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/blacklight_power_000522.html

Hydrino Theorist Gets Nod From NASA-Funded Investigation
http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0250,baard,40444,1.html

Hydrino Study Group - http://www.hydrino.org

Before anyone mentions it, I will - the second link is a 1997 AP story dated April 1st. I don't know that this fact is relevant.

Lastly, here is a presentation (in PDF form) from the 2005 ACS Fall Meeting.

Catalysis of Atomic Hydrogen to Novel Hydrides as a New Power Source
http://www.blacklightpower.com/presentations/ACS%20Meeting%20Fall%202005%20Fuel.pdf

So... what do y'all think about Dr. Randell Mills and/or hydrinos?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This hydro stuff is SO OLD, I'm surprised this is a news. And the fact that it's been around that long and STILL, nothing has been produced, should say something.

I'm sending this to S&D.

Zz.

.. and here are a few references from Bob Park regarding this hoax, who has followed this from its very inception.

http://bobpark.physics.umd.edu/WN00/wn102700.html
http://bobpark.physics.umd.edu/WN02/wn062102.html
http://bobpark.physics.umd.edu/WN02/wn090602.html

.. and more if anyone cares to read his column.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
This hydro stuff is SO OLD, I'm surprised this is a news. And the fact that it's been around that long and STILL, nothing has been produced, should say something.
"SO OLD"? Are you being serious? How long is 25 years compared to, say, centuries? Forgive me, but your statement's just a "little" dogmatic. Should I list some examples of scientific research that took far longer than 25 years to "produce"? I sense you committing a logical fallacy based on the "authority of time", for lack of better terms.

The links you provided are nothing more than terse commentary regarding a single person's opinion. Far from an "ironclad debunking", which is what you seem to imply those links entail. Perhaps I should say that since this hydro stuff is so old, you should have been able to provide far more convincing evidence against it than you have. That would say something, too...

I agree that you have appropriately moved this thread - that is not an issue.

If hydrinos and Randell Mills are "so old", then why did my searches reveal virtually no discussion at PF? If you pointed me to other threads here in which either were debated at length, I could appreciate that type of assistance. To point me in the direction of "hoax", without sufficient "proof", gives the appearance of dogmaticism.

Forgive me if I seem put off. I hope that someone out there in PF land will choose to spend some time on a response to my initial post. Maybe we all have better things to do, but I'd like to believe that there's better evidence *either* for or against Mills' work, than has been presented thus far.

Human Being said:
"SO OLD"? Are you being serious? How long is 25 years compared to, say, centuries? Forgive me, but your statement's just a "little" dogmatic.
For an outright hoax, that is quite a while.
Should I list some examples of scientific research that took far longer than 25 years to "produce"?
No need. They wouldn't be relevant comparisons to a hoax.
I sense you committing a logical fallacy based on the "authority of time", for lack of better terms.
No, he was just expressing surprise. That wasn't his argument. What is important about that 25 years is that this hoax has been debunked many, many times - including with public humiliation - in those 25 years. It is surprising, the gullibility of a "science correspondent", that allows this guy to lay-low for a few years until people forget that he's a crackpot, then resurface with exactly the same claim that he had before. Did this reporter even care enough to google it?
The links you provided are nothing more than terse commentary regarding a single person's opinion. Far from an "ironclad debunking", which is what you seem to imply those links entail.
That one person happens to be the spokesperson for the APS. He speaks for them.
Forgive me if I seem put off. I hope that someone out there in PF land will choose to spend some time on a response to my initial post.
What do you want? This is a pretty obvious hoax, with a very simple flaw.

I don't know how many perpetual motion hoax articles you've read, but they are so alike, they are practically form letters. Just fill-in the blanks for the appropriate hoaxster, random "expert" who supports it, and the name of the hoax. Everything else is the same.

edit: One quote in the article was particularly funny:
According to Prof Maas, the first product built with Blacklight's technology, which will be available in as little as four years, will be a household heater.
Of course! The great thing about electric heaters is that they are all 100% efficient. If I could find a way to convince people to buy an overly complicated, needlessly expensive heater that works exactly the same as every other one in existence, I'd probably do it to!

Last edited:
Human Being said:
How long is 25 years compared to, say, centuries?

Well, I'm not good with dates, but I believe 25 years is about a quarter of a century.

- Warren

Now, just where the heck have you been, mister?

chroot said:
Well, I'm not good with dates, but I believe 25 years is about a quarter of a century.
- Warren

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And really, how many things haven taken centuries to show results? I don't think they had plans for IC engines back in the 1300's and I am pretty sure NASA and its rocket program isn't older then the United states. I mean really, when this kinda stuff comes out, it normally gets put into real things with real results somewhat quickly. Now the time it takes for these kinda things to reach economical/practical levels is another story.

Now here is a bold claim:

Dr. Mills unifies the theories of Bohr, de Broglie, Maxwell, Einstein, Newton, etc. via a new insight into the nature of the atom. Mills takes advantage of a 1986 Herman Haus paper that explains how charged particles may undergo acceleration without radiation. He then applies the mathematics of this insight into a new analysis of the hydrogen atom. His new model treats the electron, not as a point nor as a probability wave, but as a dynamic two-dimensional spherical shell surrounding the nucleus. The resulting model, called the "orbitsphere", provides a fully classical physical explanation for phenomena such as

1. Quantization
2. Angular momentum
3. Bohr magneton

Essentially, the electron orbitsphere is a "dynamic spherical resonator cavity" that traps photons of discrete frequencies. Broader implications of GUT-CQM include the possibility of catalytically shrinking the hydrogen atom to below "ground" state, releasing useful energy in the process. Unification of the electron orbitsphere radius formula with General Relativity (GR) provides a quantum explanation for gravity as well. This leads to a novel explanation for the recently observed accelerating expansion of the cosmos.

This entire theory makes one central but tenuous assumption that the free electron is an extended, internally fluidized, two-dimensional "disk" particle with a radius comparable to that of a hydrogen atom. We are looking for experimental evidence to corroborate or refute this assumption. An inarguable refutation would destroy the entire theory, although the laboratory data may still require new physics to explain. Otherwise, the theory remains arguably true to some degree.
:rofl:

In the absence of evidence, it's somewhat true? :uhh: :rolleyes: :biggrin:

"arguably true to some degree"

well I am almost kinda somewhat thinking about nearly being convinced

Astronuc said:
In the absence of evidence, it's somewhat true?
Isn't that how mainstream science already works?

For example, suppression of evidence gathered by Deep Impact... IS 'absence'.
Thus, mainstream scientists can continue parroting the "dirty snowball" theory.

http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2005/arch05/050704predictions.htm
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2005/arch05/050705impression.htm

And... http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2005/arch05/00subjectx.htm#Comets

Look, I understand that there ARE such things as hoaxes. YET... I understand
also that sometimes, mainstream scientists will look away from data that calls
into question certain theories. Big Bang & Dirty Snowball are but 2 examples...
Sure, it's difficult to know what's "viable" science versus what isn't, especially
when the economics/politics of mainstream scientists, and who they work for,
becomes more important than dealing honestly with any and all data collected
experimentally. I guess time will have to pass before anything really changes!

Human Being said:
Isn't that how mainstream science already works?

No it isn't.

For example, suppression of evidence gathered by Deep Impact... IS 'absence'.
Thus, mainstream scientists can continue parroting the "dirty snowball" theory.

http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2005/arch05/050704predictions.htm
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2005/arch05/050705impression.htm

And... http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2005/arch05/00subjectx.htm#Comets

Look, I understand that there ARE such things as hoaxes. YET... I understand
also that sometimes, mainstream scientists will look away from data that calls
into question certain theories. Big Bang & Dirty Snowball are but 2 examples...
Sure, it's difficult to know what's "viable" science versus what isn't, especially
when the economics/politics of mainstream scientists, and who they work for,
becomes more important than dealing honestly with any and all data collected
experimentally. I guess time will have to pass before anything really changes!

How are you able to make blatant judgements on how or what "mainstream scientists" do? How many scientific conferences have you attended? How often do you interact with "mainstream scientists" to know what goes on and how things are worked out?

And since WHEN are things surpressed when they don't match with things we already know? Should I cite to you high-Tc superconductors, CP-violation, fractional quantum Hall effect, etc... etc.? Or are you completely ignorant about the ground-breaking, earth-shattering, myth-destroying impact those had on physics? Yet, none of these things got "surpressed".

You have a very jaundice view of how science is practiced. I seriously question whether you have enough information to draw up an accurate conclusion. If this is how you judge things, no wonder you are so hyper in trying to champion flimsy pseudoscience such as this.

Zz.

Quote:
'I seriously question whether you have enough information to draw up an accurate conclusion. If this is how you judge things, no wonder you are so hyper in trying to champion flimsy pseudoscience such as this.'

ZapperZ, Do you have enough information to draw a conclusion then? Yesterday I spent some time to really investigate this 'hoax', but if it is a hoax it is a damned good one. This guy, really published several articles and what I read about them was not just crap, and I know enough about quantum mechanics to say this. First he has got a theory. What I saw he uses a different Schrodinger like equation to calculate wave functions. From only a theory you can never say if it is wrong I think, unless the equations are really flaw, which I do not believe. What was really convincing me is that I also saw a lot of experimental proof as well, and that is what really proofs a theory in the end. I saw graphs with emission spectra with peaks at points that were impossible to come from normal hydrogen states. This really looks more promising then the Pons and Fleischman cold 'fusion' experiments. I am a really sceptic guy as well but this feels a bit different to me. Let's just hope we have new physics here. You can never rule that out.

rpg said:
Quote:
'I seriously question whether you have enough information to draw up an accurate conclusion. If this is how you judge things, no wonder you are so hyper in trying to champion flimsy pseudoscience such as this.'
ZapperZ, Do you have enough information to draw a conclusion then? Yesterday I spent some time to really investigate this 'hoax', but if it is a hoax it is a damned good one. This guy, really published several articles and what I read about them was not just crap, and I know enough about quantum mechanics to say this. First he has got a theory. What I saw he uses a different Schrodinger like equation to calculate wave functions. From only a theory you can never say if it is wrong I think, unless the equations are really flaw, which I do not believe. What was really convincing me is that I also saw a lot of experimental proof as well, and that is what really proofs a theory in the end. I saw graphs with emission spectra with peaks at points that were impossible to come from normal hydrogen states. This really looks more promising then the Pons and Fleischman cold 'fusion' experiments. I am a really sceptic guy as well but this feels a bit different to me. Let's just hope we have new physics here. You can never rule that out.

I have followed this thing since it first broke in the 90's. As a graduate student back then, I relied on others with more expertise to evaluate the validity of the claim - and it IS still a claim with no experimental verification, I might add, after ALL these years. I did not trust my grasp of the content of Mills papers at that time.

But what turned this into a spectacle was when he threatened to SUE all the physicists that actually wrote rebuttals that contradicted and challenged the validity of this work. This is unheard of in academic circles where scientists challenge and question the work of others routinely. To add to that, the US Patent Office denied one of his patent application and open a review of an earlier patent that was awarded.

The thing about physics is this - as years progress, if something is valid, you tend to know more and more about it. The ultimate understand of it may take a long time, but along the way, you get more snippets of what that thing is. You learn more about it, you get more experimental verification of certain aspects of it, etc. In other words, Mother Nature will keep throwing more clues at you as you continue to try to understand and verify it. We see this VERY often in very difficult and complex systems - high Tc superconductors are prime examples.

Now look at this hydrino, and even the Podkletnov effect. There isn't a progress at all towards either the understanding or the verification of such claims, after all these years and after all the money being poured in. I have heard of no other independent groups that is even seriously looking at the hydrino. It is THAT discredited. Even the Podkletnov effect does not suffer from such shame - NASA and the University of Alabama actually did seriously studied it.

Unfortunately, whenever I point this out, people start claiming that physicists are closed minded and don't want to rattle their understanding. This is of course a bogus claim. By the nature of our profession, we ARE hired to study things that are new, unverified, have no current explanation, etc. We are never hired to do things that we already know.

There are tons of theoretical ideas being published each month in various physics journals. One only needs to skim through all of the Physical Review collection to be convinced of this. Many do not lead to anything. Publishing in a peer-reviewed journal is only the first, minimal step in being taken seriously with respect to conveying one's ideas or discovery. It is NOT a guarantee that one has made a valid and verified contribution to the body of knowledge. I would suggest you look at the citation for all of Mills papers and see where they lead to see for yourself if his work has been addressed and considered as valid.

Zz.

Many mainstream physicists and scientists are biased and close minded about new technologies and theories. They remind me of hiring a pastor or a priest to investigate alien claims... well 9/10 of them will calim they don't exist before even gaining evidence because the Bible doesn't say so.

Experimental evidence accumulating repudiates dogmatic rejection

ZapperZ said:
I have followed this thing since it first broke in the 90's. As a graduate student back then, I relied on others with more expertise to evaluate the validity of the claim - and it IS still a claim with no experimental verification, I might add, after ALL these years. I did not trust my grasp of the content of Mills papers at that time.
But what turned this into a spectacle was when he threatened to SUE all the physicists that actually wrote rebuttals that contradicted and challenged the validity of this work. This is unheard of in academic circles where scientists challenge and question the work of others routinely. To add to that, the US Patent Office denied one of his patent application and open a review of an earlier patent that was awarded.
The thing about physics is this - as years progress, if something is valid, you tend to know more and more about it. The ultimate understand of it may take a long time, but along the way, you get more snippets of what that thing is. You learn more about it, you get more experimental verification of certain aspects of it, etc. In other words, Mother Nature will keep throwing more clues at you as you continue to try to understand and verify it. We see this VERY often in very difficult and complex systems - high Tc superconductors are prime examples.
Now look at this hydrino, and even the Podkletnov effect. There isn't a progress at all towards either the understanding or the verification of such claims, after all these years and after all the money being poured in. I have heard of no other independent groups that is even seriously looking at the hydrino. It is THAT discredited. Even the Podkletnov effect does not suffer from such shame - NASA and the University of Alabama actually did seriously studied it.
Unfortunately, whenever I point this out, people start claiming that physicists are closed minded and don't want to rattle their understanding. This is of course a bogus claim. By the nature of our profession, we ARE hired to study things that are new, unverified, have no current explanation, etc. We are never hired to do things that we already know.
There are tons of theoretical ideas being published each month in various physics journals. One only needs to skim through all of the Physical Review collection to be convinced of this. Many do not lead to anything. Publishing in a peer-reviewed journal is only the first, minimal step in being taken seriously with respect to conveying one's ideas or discovery. It is NOT a guarantee that one has made a valid and verified contribution to the body of knowledge. I would suggest you look at the citation for all of Mills papers and see where they lead to see for yourself if his work has been addressed and considered as valid.
Zz.

I too am a physicist who has been following this since the 1990's but my conclusion has been rather different. You can't really compare Hydrinos with Podkletnov, as the latter never really reproduced his effect. But the point of being around many ryears in Mills' case is that a growing body of independent verification has built up. That started when differnt universites tested his set-up and overwhelmingly confirmed an effect of some sort. The last and most prominent of these was Marchese's Blacklight Rocket study for NASA. This study, only funded up to Phase 1, got as far as building a test BL Rocket which essentially worked - apart from the exhaust directionality problem. They also confirmed excess heat. In the last 2 years Mills' group of physicists at blacklight have published several peer reviewed experimental results papers in prestigious mainline physics and chemistry journals where they present spectroscopic evidence of inverse Lyman and Balmer series. Thus there is indeed, aginst the odds of being pilloried by Parks and his ilk, a growing body of evidence for an effect. That says nothing about the theory - theough there are those who say the Wheeler DeWitt equation allows fractional quantum numbers for the Hydrogen atom.

Ciao,
Hugh Deasy

Other groups HAVE reproduced the effect

ZapperZ said:
<snip> The thing about physics is this - as years progress, if something is valid, you tend to know more and more about it. The ultimate understand of it may take a long time, but along the way, you get more snippets of what that thing is. You learn more about it, you get more experimental verification of certain aspects of it, etc. In other words, Mother Nature will keep throwing more clues at you as you continue to try to understand and verify it. We see this VERY often in very difficult and complex systems - high Tc superconductors are prime examples.
Zz.

I too am a physicist following this since 90's . But I think wrong to imply that other groups have not reproduced Mills' results - in his introduction, Rathke of ESTEC advanced concepts at least states that the experimental evidence is good - http://www.iop.org/EJ/article/1367-2630/7/1/127/njp5_1_127.html he himself refers to the NASA Blacklight Rocket study - whose conclusions were positive and supported excess heat and a potential rocket effect. Let's hope NASA now funds Phase II - refining the rocket and further investigation of the process. That is beeter than for Podkletnov. Back to Rathke:

"4. Conclusion

In this paper, we have considered the theoretical foundations of the hydrino hypothesis, both within the theoretical framework of CQM, in which hydrinos were originally suggested, and within standard quantum mechanics. We found that CQM is inconsistent and has several serious deficiencies. Amongst these are the failure to reproduce the energy levels of the excited states of the hydrogen atom, and the absence of Lorentz invariance. Most importantly, we found that CQM does not predict the existence of hydrino states! Also, standard quantum mechanics cannot encompass hydrino states, with the properties currently attributed to them. Hence there remains no theoretical support of the hydrino hypothesis. This strongly suggests that the experimental evidence put forward in favour of the existence of hydrinos should be reconsidered for interpretation in terms of conventional physics. This reconsideration of the experimental data is beyond the scope of the current paper. Also, to understand properly the experimental results presented by Mills et al , it would be helpful if these were independently reproduced by some other experimental groups."

Also other universities have reproduced Mills stuff - some mention of it here: http://www.villagevoice.com/news/9951,baard,11218,1.html
The BL site used to list the universities that had studied it, but nowadays they figure the peer reviewed papers are better, though those only refer to their own work and maybe that of Marchese. Ahhh - here is one of old lab reports from Penn State uni etc. http://www.hydrino.org/labreports.php - pretty cool stuff.

Y'know, google searches used to throw up only a few hits - this hydrino study group, the Vilage Voice articles and the BL site itself and one or two others. By comparison, the spin-off from the Guardian article has been an explosion of hits on the web. Apparenetly the beeb also did a bit on Hydrinos a few days ago: http://www.focusmag.co.uk/cover.asp

Hugh Deasy

Hdeasy said:
Rathke of ESTEC advanced concepts at least states that the experimental evidence is good - http://www.iop.org/EJ/article/1367-2630/7/1/127/njp5_1_127.html he himself refers to the NASA Blacklight Rocket study - whose conclusions were positive and supported excess heat and a potential rocket effect.
Actually, he does not say (in that link, anyway) that the conclusions of NASA were positive - probably because they weren't! The conclusion of the original study was "inconclusive". http://bobpark.physics.umd.edu/WN02/wn062102.html
Also, to understand properly the experimental results presented by Mills et al , it would be helpful if these were independently reproduced by some other experimental groups."
Also other universities have reproduced Mills stuff - some mention of it here: http://www.villagevoice.com/news/9951,baard,11218,1.html
The BL site used to list the universities that had studied it, but nowadays they figure the peer reviewed papers are better, though those only refer to their own work and maybe that of Marchese. Ahhh - here is one of old lab reports from Penn State uni etc. http://www.hydrino.org/labreports.php - pretty cool stuff.
That's just it - "The Hydrino Study Group" - which crank.net calls a 'hydrino fan club' is not a reliable source and a few studies that showed anomalous energy doesn't give you the big picture if others studied it and found nothing.

Byron Weeks said:
Suppression of Vital Data in Physics
For thousands of years, many discoveries have been suppressed from the populations of the planet in order to keep them in bondage. The burning of the libraries of Alexandria is one example of how information can be suppressed. Another example would be the common technique of suppression of scientific information by alteration of the information itself. Perhaps the most blatant and far reaching alteration of data was the alteration of Maxwell's equations. James Clerk Maxwell was a mathematical genius who lived in the late l9th century. His original work, which is available to covert scientific departments in the government, had the potential to radically alter the entire course of our civilization.

It is certainly clear to most of you by now that the human population can easily manipulated by electronic means using various methods Developed through the military industrial complex. What may not be clear to you is that many of the EM effects can be initiated from outside of what is normally seen as the electromagnetic spectrum. Just as a magnetic field in a wire is at right angles to the current flow, other fields and waveforms exist that are an integral part of the electromagnetic spectrum, yet exist at a certain number of right-angle rotations (orthogonal rotations) away from the electromagnetic field components we are normally accustomed to. If these hyperspacial components, which are not subject to the usual electromagnetic constraints of time and space, are generated and manipulated, they can in turn generate EM effects that have the capability to influence human biology and consciousness.

Let's take a brief look at how and by whom the equations of Maxwell were changed, in order to make subsequent open scientific development that would have influenced civilization in a positive way, impossible:

The Hertzian Conspiracy
In late 1864, James Clerk Maxwell published his epic material on electromagnetic waves. His material dealt not only with electrical and magnetic waves, but also the relativistic/ etherial psycho-active component of these waves (representing electromagnetics of the second order and above). The equations also included transformations that enabled the change from inertial frames of reference to non-inertial frames of reference. Maxwell's original equations were written in Quaternion notation, a complex mathematical system available at that time before Vector Analysis was introduced by Oliver Heaviside. Today's generalized equivalent of Quaternions is Tensors.

In short, Maxwell's original work gave the necessary information for gravitational propulsion and psychoactive devices. Someone somewhere recognized this, for shortly after his death, the mathematician Oliver Heaviside, the chemist Willard Gibbs, and physicist Heinrich Hertz decided to "edit" or "interpret" Maxwells famous equations which were, in the original form, the foundations of electromagnetics and Unified Field Theory (UFT). This "unholy trio, especially Heaviside, disregarded the Quaternions or Scalar components of Maxwells original equations, because they represented potentials and not fields. He thought potentials were akin to "mysticism", because "everybody knows that fields contain mass, and mass cannot be created from apparently nothing, which is what potentials are, both literally and mathematically; they are an accumulation or reservoir of energy. Furthermore, not only did they throw away the gravitational component with the Quatern- ion/Scalar, but also postulated that gravitation and electro- magnetism were mutually exclusive, not interdependent. That was the death blow to subsequent efforts by scientists to realize a functioning unified field theory. Because of this one act, electromagnetism was reduced from its original five dimensions to only four: X, Y, Z, and time. The element of G was removed.

Because of this deliberate act, twenty-two other errors exist today in electromagnetic theory. The very concepts of force, mass and charge are ill-defined, and the so-called "static" electrical charge has been discovered by Quantum mechanics not to be static at all, but to move rotationally by virtue of the quantum mechanical spin. Finally, adding insult to injury, the so-called "imaginary components" of Maxwells original equations as well as the mutilated version of the equations have also been discarded or ignored. With this last error, the door to hyperspacial domains was forever closed, for the present mathematics and physics of electromagnetic theory do not allow for hyperspacial domains (domains out- side of three dimensions), superluminal signals (signals that exceed the speed of light or are infinite in speed), and a unified field theory.

The edited version of Maxwells work, which every physicist and engineer has had to contend with, discards electrogravitation, and avoids the unification of gravitation and electromagnetics. It also prevents the direct engineering of gravitation, space-time, time flow rates, free energy devices, and quantum changes, which is viewed by the altered equations that are vector-based as only a statistical change. The quaternion approach captures the ability to utilize electromagnetics and produce local curvature of spacetime. Heaviside wrote a subset of Maxwell's equations where this capability is excluded.

Dr. Henry Monteith has independently discovered that Maxwell's original quaternion theory was a unified field theory. Einstein assumed, because he only had access to the altered equations, that curving spacetime could only be achieved by the weak gravitational force due to mass, that the local frame would always be a Lorentz frame, which would mean that all operations would be constrained to conservation laws of physics."

In the 1960's the Hertz (Hz) replaced Cycles Per Second. Since, then everyone thinks that all electromagnetic waves are hertzian. Only the upper portion of the spectrum before Infra- red contains Hertzian waves. ELF and ULF are not; waves in biosystems and natural phenomena are not Hertzian in nature.
http://educate-yourself.org/dc/gwentowersbybyronweeks.shtml

Do not pick on the source; address specific passages in the text.
Do not pretend that today's PTB have changed from yesterday's.
Do not pretend that scientists aren't below being "underhanded".

Petroleum and Drugs are paramount to the American way of life.
Research that jeopardizes the massive profits of those markets,
regardless of supporting evidence, can be and often is "killed"...

Remember the golden rule? Those who fund mainstream science
have the gold and thus they like to make the rules. Which have
it better: those stuck in the paradigm, or those forced outside?

Glad to see that some people ARE willing to examine Mills' work.

Last edited:
The source is everything in this case. Do you have any good sources to back up any of this? And I don't mean the accepted physics, I mean proof of the "other" equations.

Yeah, what exactly is the source of this? Quarternions are not scalar and vectors (later tensors) were chosen over them, by mathematicians and not physicists, because they are easier to work with. Using a vector equation rather than a quarternion equation doesn't change the results; it just gives an easier way of obtaining those results. It's like choosing to use the wave equation over matrices in quantum mechanics. The difference is style and not substance.

What's a PTB, by the way? And what do you mean it hasn't changed since yesterday? The first example cited - burning of the Alexandria library - occurred over a thousand years ago, before science even existed.

loseyourname said:
Yeah, what exactly is the source of this? Quarternions are not scalar and vectors (later tensors) were chosen over them, by mathematicians and not physicists, because they are easier to work with. Using a vector equation rather than a quarternion equation doesn't change the results; it just gives an easier way of obtaining those results. It's like choosing to use the wave equation over matrices in quantum mechanics. The difference is style and not substance.
http://www.cheniere.org/correspondence/120403a.htm

Aren't you intrigued enough by the text I quoted earlier, to
look into the possibility that Maxwell indeed got shafted?

loseyourname said:
What's a PTB, by the way? And what do you mean it hasn't changed since yesterday? The first example cited - burning of the Alexandria library - occurred over a thousand years ago, before science even existed.
(P)owers (T)hat (B)e - also known as TPTB, "The Powers That Be".
Oh, I'm sorry - I should have anticipated being taken so literally...
OBVIOUSLY, my term "yesterday's" implies more than one day ago.

Futhermore, I seriously doubt that science didn't exist pre-1000AD.
Are you of the opinion that NOTHING the ancient Egyptians did can
be considered "science"? Wow. Should I even continue this post?

Last edited:
Human Being said:
http://www.cheniere.org/correspondence/120403a.htm

Not particularly. I'm not a physicist nor am I into energy/electronics at all. I was only posting about the mathematics, to point out that part of what they are saying is wrong, and it's a pretty important part.

It wasn't Maxwell that got shafted, either. He was not the developer of quaternions.

(P)owers (T)hat (B)e - also known as TPTB, "The Powers That Be".
Oh, I'm sorry - I should have anticipated being taken so literally...
OBVIOUSLY, my term "yesterday's" implies more than one day ago.

Sure thing, but when you posit that little may have changed in one day, it makes sense. When you posit that little may have changed in 1800 years or however long it has been, it becomes a little less plausible. That isn't to say you're wrong (I'm not qualified to make that judgement), but the fact that the Alexadria library was burned to the ground is not evidence that science today engages in conspiratorial coverups of new advances.

The Egyptians never used the scientific method for anything. They were impressive engineers and probably had fairly advanced mathematical theories, but that doesn't mean they engaged in science. Making observations, building things, and making calculations is not science. Forming hypotheses within a naturalistic theoretical framework, deducing the measurable logical consequences of the hypotheses being true, then searching for those consequences in the natural world by means of controlled experimentation is science, and is something that was not fully developed until late medieval Europe.

Human Being said:
Good, lord, are you serious!? Tom Bearden is probably not just a hoaxster, but certifiably insane. Regardless, anything you get from his site is pure, unadulterated crap.
Certainly not. Scientists don't own their theories. Maxwell doesn't own electricity and magnetism any more than Einstein owns Relativity.
The Egyptians knew some things about the natural world, but that doesn't make them scientists. "Science" is a process by which the natural world is investigated and that process was invented, essentially, by Galileo.

More to the point:
Human Being said:
Petroleum and Drugs are paramount to the American way of life.
Research that jeopardizes the massive profits of those markets,
regardless of supporting evidence, can be and often is "killed"...

Remember the golden rule? Those who fund mainstream science
have the gold and thus they like to make the rules. Which have
it better: those stuck in the paradigm, or those forced outside?

Glad to see that some people ARE willing to examine Mills' work.
Your last sentence contradicts your core point: in today's world, it is impossible to suppress new ideas or eliminate knowledge. In the library at Alexandria, there was knowledge that could only be found there. With the internet, once knowledge is out there, it is available for anyone to see, forever. And not even being a crackpot hasn't prevented Mills from generating millions of dollars in "research" funding via the P.T. Barnum approach.

When the moderator asks a question about content it will be answered directly.

1. What is a power source that turns physics on its head?

A power source that turns physics on its head is a theoretical concept that challenges the traditional understanding of energy and its sources. It suggests that there may be alternative ways to generate or harness energy that do not follow the laws of physics as we currently know them.

2. How does this power source work?

The exact workings of this power source are still unknown, as it is a theoretical concept. However, it is believed that it would involve manipulating fundamental forces or particles in a way that allows for the creation or extraction of energy without the need for traditional fuel sources.

3. Is there any evidence for this power source?

Currently, there is no concrete evidence for the existence of this power source. However, there have been some experiments and theories proposed that suggest it may be possible. Further research and experimentation are needed to fully understand the potential of this concept.

4. How could a power source that turns physics on its head impact society?

If this power source were to be discovered and harnessed, it could potentially revolutionize the way we generate and use energy. It could lead to cleaner and more efficient energy sources, reducing our dependence on fossil fuels and mitigating the effects of climate change. It could also have far-reaching implications for various industries, such as transportation and manufacturing.

5. What challenges need to be overcome for this power source to become a reality?

There are many challenges that need to be addressed before this power source can become a reality. These include developing a deeper understanding of the fundamental forces and particles involved, finding ways to manipulate them in a controlled and sustainable manner, and developing the technology and infrastructure to harness and distribute the energy produced. It will also require significant investment and collaboration from the scientific community and governments around the world.