Three Phase Generator Wiring for Wind Turbine Battery Charging

In summary, the speaker is trying to wire a three phase generator for a wind turbine to charge batteries. They are unsure about the load connections and whether or not to use a rectifier for each load in series with the batteries. The speaker also mentions having asked this question before and seeing it answered elsewhere.
Teachme
So I am trying to figure out how to wire a three phase generator. I understand the WYE connection, but I am stumped about the load connections and specifically what to do then. The generator will be connected to a wind turbine so I will be needing to charge batteries. So my main question is...

Do I connect a rectifier to each load and then to a battery which are in series? I have included a picture to make a question more clear on what I am talking about.

Thanks for reading

Attachments

• 3 phase.jpg
    3 phase.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 459
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi Teachme. Didn't you ask this question somewhere before in the last couple of days? I saw it answered somewhere.

1. What is 3 phase wiring?

3 phase wiring is a type of electrical wiring system that uses three alternating currents to power a circuit. It is commonly used in industrial and commercial settings, and is more efficient and reliable than single phase wiring.

2. How is 3 phase wiring different from single phase wiring?

The main difference between 3 phase and single phase wiring is the number of alternating currents used. Single phase wiring only uses one alternating current, while 3 phase wiring uses three. This allows for a more balanced and efficient distribution of electricity.

3. What are the benefits of using 3 phase wiring?

There are several benefits to using 3 phase wiring, including a more efficient distribution of power, lower energy costs, and the ability to handle heavier electrical loads. It is also more reliable and has a longer lifespan compared to single phase wiring.

4. How do you identify 3 phase wiring?

3 phase wiring can be identified by the presence of three hot wires, a neutral wire, and a ground wire. The hot wires are usually colored black, red, and blue, while the neutral wire is white and the ground wire is green or bare.

5. Can 3 phase wiring be used in residential homes?

While 3 phase wiring is commonly used in industrial and commercial settings, it is not typically used in residential homes. This is because most household appliances and electronics do not require the extra power provided by 3 phase wiring, and the cost of installation may not be worth the benefits for residential use.