How can I use a three phase WYE alternator to charge a battery with a DC output?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Teachme
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
So I am trying to figure out how to wire a three phase generator. I understand the WYE connection, but I am stumped about the load connections and specifically what to do then. The generator will be connected to a wind turbine so I will be needing to charge batteries. So my main question is...

Do I connect a rectifier to each load and then to a battery which are in series? I have included a picture to make a question more clear on what I am talking about.

Thanks for reading

picture is in this thread

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=619376
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Your three phase WYE alternator can be used to produce one DC output (as in car alternator circuits) which can charge a battery. See this link for a diagram.
I am not sure what your idea of connecting batteries in series is all about. Perhaps it is not relevant if that link answers your basic question?