What is the significance of receiving a Science Advisor ribbon?

• Thread starter chroot
  • Start date
In summary, the new science advisors have each received a ribbon for their demonstrated expertise. Daniel will be traveling for the summer, so his presence will be sporadic for a while, but he'll return in August.
chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congratulations to jtbell, xanthym, Olderdan, and saltydog! They have all received Science Advisor ribbons for their demonstrated expertise. We all appreciate the hard work you've put in here!

- Warren

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulations to each & every one of them and let's hope they continue the good work done here !

Daniel.

Congratulations to all of you!

Congrats to all. Well deserved!

Congratulations!

hahahah fixed :rofl: :biggrin:

Last edited:
CongraGulations?
What sort of lame, half-hearted congratulation is that?? :wink:

Arildno,don't be mean !I'm sure it was a harmless typo.:wink: He meant coagulations.

Daniel.

Wow, I'm flattered! Thanks, guys! :smile:

Ironically, this comes just as I'm about to start traveling for the summer, so my presence here is going to be rather spotty for a while. I'll probably be gone for a few days next week, then for three weeks in June, then another couple of weeks in July. Things won't really start returning to normal until early to mid August.

I don't want you all to think that it's a case of "take the money and run!" :blushing:

Congrats to the new science advisors (and to all those who have acquired medals in the interim without formal announcements)!

congrats to the new science advisors

marlon

Congrats & keep going people !

Congrats to the new science advisors! :smile: Especially OlderDan...he can solve any problem you throw at him.

Just curious...how does one become a science advisor? Do you have to maintain a certain average number of (good) posts per day?

HackaB,

If we (the mentors & admins & advisors) notice someone consistently makes good posts, we'll nominate them. If there's no dissent, they get a medal. :) There's no specific rules, but we like to see several hundred quality posts before making the decision.

- Warren

Woops, I'm slow.
Congratulations, everyone!111
Go forth and be fruitful!1 ;)
(But not too fruitful o:) )

chroot said:
Congratulations to jtbell, xanthym, Olderdan, and saltydog! They have all received Science Advisor ribbons for their demonstrated expertise. We all appreciate the hard work you've put in here!

- Warren

Thanks guys (just saw this post). I'm flattered some of you would think enough of me to award me the ribbons. Actually I have more questions than answers but hopefully by asking them I can help others as well. :smile:

I feel to excell in Math is to hold onto a child-like innocense. Unfortunately for me, that may appear awkwards to some at times. It doesn't bother me and I hope not you.

Salty

Well done, folks! You've definitely broadened my knowledge in the short time that I've been here.

1. What is the role of a New Science Advisor?

The role of a New Science Advisor is to provide scientific advice and expertise to government officials and policy makers. They help bridge the gap between scientific research and decision making, and provide recommendations on how to incorporate scientific evidence into policies and regulations.

2. What qualifications are required to become a New Science Advisor?

A New Science Advisor typically holds a doctoral degree in a scientific field, such as biology, chemistry, or physics. They also have experience conducting research and publishing scientific papers. Strong communication and analytical skills are also important for this role.

3. How does a New Science Advisor stay current with the latest scientific research?

New Science Advisors stay current with the latest scientific research by regularly reading scientific journals and attending conferences and seminars. They also collaborate with other scientists and experts in their field to discuss and share new findings and advancements.

4. Can a New Science Advisor influence policy decisions?

While a New Science Advisor's main role is to provide scientific advice, they may also have the opportunity to influence policy decisions. This can happen through their recommendations and by presenting scientific evidence to decision makers. However, the final decision ultimately lies with the policy makers.

5. Are there different types of New Science Advisors?

Yes, there are different types of New Science Advisors, depending on the organization or government agency they work for. Some may focus on a specific area of science, such as environmental science or health science, while others may have a broader range of expertise. Additionally, some New Science Advisors may work on a part-time or consulting basis, while others may have full-time positions.