What is the significance of receiving a Science Advisor ribbon?
- Thread starter chroot
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 4K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
Congratulations to each & every one of them and let's hope they continue the good work done here !
Daniel.
Daniel.
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
Arildno,don't be mean !I'm sure it was a harmless typo.
He meant coagulations.
Daniel.
Daniel.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,522
Wow, I'm flattered! Thanks, guys!
Ironically, this comes just as I'm about to start traveling for the summer, so my presence here is going to be rather spotty for a while. I'll probably be gone for a few days next week, then for three weeks in June, then another couple of weeks in July. Things won't really start returning to normal until early to mid August.
I don't want you all to think that it's a case of "take the money and run!"
Ironically, this comes just as I'm about to start traveling for the summer, so my presence here is going to be rather spotty for a while. I'll probably be gone for a few days next week, then for three weeks in June, then another couple of weeks in July. Things won't really start returning to normal until early to mid August.
I don't want you all to think that it's a case of "take the money and run!"

marlon
- 3,779
- 11
congrats to the new science advisors
marlon
marlon
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 900
- 1
Congrats & keep going people !
HackaB
- 121
- 0
Congrats to the new science advisors!
Especially OlderDan...he can solve any problem you throw at him.
Just curious...how does one become a science advisor? Do you have to maintain a certain average number of (good) posts per day?
Just curious...how does one become a science advisor? Do you have to maintain a certain average number of (good) posts per day?
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 10,270
- 45
HackaB,
If we (the mentors & admins & advisors) notice someone consistently makes good posts, we'll nominate them. If there's no dissent, they get a medal. :) There's no specific rules, but we like to see several hundred quality posts before making the decision.
- Warren
If we (the mentors & admins & advisors) notice someone consistently makes good posts, we'll nominate them. If there's no dissent, they get a medal. :) There's no specific rules, but we like to see several hundred quality posts before making the decision.
- Warren
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
Woops, I'm slow.
Congratulations, [/color]everyone!111[/color]
Go forth[/color] and be[/color] f[/color]r[/color]u[/color]i[/color]t[/color]f[/color]u[/color]l[/color]!1 ;)[/color][/size] (But not too fruitful
)
Congratulations, [/color]everyone!111[/color]
Go forth[/color] and be[/color] f[/color]r[/color]u[/color]i[/color]t[/color]f[/color]u[/color]l[/color]!1 ;)[/color][/size] (But not too fruitful
)
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 1,590
- 3
chroot said:Congratulations to jtbell, xanthym, Olderdan, and saltydog! They have all received Science Advisor ribbons for their demonstrated expertise. We all appreciate the hard work you've put in here!
- Warren
Thanks guys (just saw this post). I'm flattered some of you would think enough of me to award me the ribbons. Actually I have more questions than answers but hopefully by asking them I can help others as well.
I feel to excell in Math is to hold onto a child-like innocense. Unfortunately for me, that may appear awkwards to some at times. It doesn't bother me and I hope not you.
Salty
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Well done, folks! You've definitely broadened my knowledge in the short time that I've been here.
Similar threads
- symbolipoint
- · Replies 2 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 2
- Greg Bernhardt
- · Replies 157 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 157
- marlon
- · Replies 14 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 14