1.5 in-line/pigtail day/night sensor?

• Thread starter CCinPA
  • Start date
rbelli1
Gold Member
If you read the Q&A section on Amazon there are instructions for connecting the switch.

BoB

Understand I don't know leads from loads! :oldconfused:

rbelli1
Gold Member
Gabe G. said:
Red(load) goes to the positive + wire of the light. The white goes to the negative terminal of the battery and the black goes to the positive terminal of the battery. Don't forget to take the negative wire of the light to the negative terminal of the battery as well.
Replace "light" with "voltage regulator"

BoB

Likes CCinPA
Today... I tested without the buck-converter. Although I had 12+-volts into the photocell... No output from the photocell with/without sunlight.

Attachments

Tom.G
Science Advisor
Today... I tested without the buck-converter. Although I had 12+-volts into the photocell... No output from the photocell with/without sunlight.
The Black photocell wire should connect to the Battery Positive (+)
The White photocell wire should connect to the Battery Negative (-)

When measuring between the Red and the White wires, the Red photocell wire should switch On (to battery voltage) and Off depending on the light level.

There is a possibility that the unit does not turn on when there is not a light (a load) connected to it. Try connecting a light bulb from a car to it to see if that helps.

Some Amazon reviewers say that it has to be really dark for the unit to turn on.

Some also say they received units that did not work, were marked wrong, or failed in a few days. Perhaps you received a bad one.

That you for the input. I sent a message to the seller of the photocell asking a few questions. Just to clarify... This photocell is to be on during the day... And off during the night.

Sadly... Although I thought the the light-bulb was a great idea... It did not work. And the seller of the sensor has not responded. Signed, Still-perplexed

Are there any final thoughts/suggestions before I close-up for the winter? Then, readdress this in the spring.