100 reasons kids are STUPID

In summary, a child thinks that when they become an adult, they can do whatever they want, that adults are more experienced, that smoking has some benefits, that adults are more cool, that life is a party, that adults know more, that adults are smarter than children, that adults can tie themselves to swings without using their hands, and that adulthood includes more responsibility.
65?) If a person of clearly superior intelligence posts their opinions anonymously on the internet, the world will be awed and immediately elect them to be world dictator.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The real 65) When my generation finally starts running things, we'll have an end to wars, bigotry, and sexism.

Redbelly98 said:
The real 65) When my generation finally starts running things, we'll have an end to wars, bigotry, and sexism.

Make it so, RB. You have the PF warriors behind you! :devil:

Oops :redface:

Redbelly98 said:

Actually when I was younger I thought much along the same lines... mostly to do with famine though... I never understood why it's necessary for me to go to a grocery store and see enough food to last me a year but some people in the world wake up wondering if there will be enough food for that day

Sorry! said:
Actually when I was younger I thought much along the same lines... mostly to do with famine though... I never understood why it's necessary for me to go to a grocery store and see enough food to last me a year but some people in the world wake up wondering if there will be enough food for that day

Along those lines...

64) If I eat less, a child in Africa will have a meal.
63) Not paying a bill means your future is over.
62) Life can't go on without your friends. (Hell, I couldn't believe how quickly I got over not talking to some of my best friends from high school when the time came to move on)

BobG said:
65?) If a person of clearly superior intelligence posts their opinions anonymously on the internet, the world will be awed and immediately elect them to be world dictator.

Haha...right, like Ender's Game!

junglebeast said:
Haha...right, like Ender's Game!

I know! As a kid I always planned that my night job when I grew up would be writing deep and meaningful essays and posting it online like Valentine and Peter did, receiving fame and influence. And then blogs became commonplace. It's a good thing the world isn't that easily manipulated.

61) As being a child I tough i discovered a combination in roulette so i would always win. It was a moment in my life i though for real i will be stinky rich, had dollar bills in my eyes. Stupidity can sometimes be a blessedness.

60) As a child i tough people grow taller all their life. Old people must be really tall.

100$ is no better than 1$...you can buy an icecream with the later!

- wise child :biggrin:

whoever said driving is fun don't know what its like to drive from city to cities... I don't drive (not old enough) but it really is boring watching your dad get bored driving from calgary to jasper...

shredder666 said:
whoever said driving is fun don't know what its like to drive from city to cities... I don't drive (not old enough) but it really is boring watching your dad get bored driving from calgary to jasper...

Driving is fun! He just needs to drive in more exciting places.

Last edited by a moderator:
58) Only a doofus would buy a car based primarily on the comfort of the seats. A car must be able to smoke the tires, be really loud, and look really cool.

57) Who else would actually look forward to, and like commercials - - - things that are trying to get us to do what we don't want to do.

KM

Pengwuino said:
64) If I eat less, a child in Africa will have a meal.

I remember as a child, having my mother use that argument on me, when I was balking at eating something.

I simply suggested that she wrap it up and send it to them.

KM

Kenneth Mann said:
I remember as a child, having my mother use that argument on me, when I was balking at eating something.

She knew you didn't want the African kid to eat it, and used that argument to make you eat it? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

56. I heard a young man say this one day. "It's not wrong but this will make it right."

Matt

55. If my parents don't have $150,000 stored away for me for college, I can't go.
54. All adults are mature, responsible people worthy of respect.
53. Toilets create their own water.

52. The nicest person would make the best teacher, boss, or president.

51. Because I'm in a higher grade than you, I'm better, smarter, faster, stronger and you should listen to me when we make group decisions about where to play hide and seek.

50. Kids think that way vacuums work is the dirt goes through the cord, and into the wall.

lisab said:
50. Kids think that way vacuums work is the dirt goes through the cord, and into the wall.

:bugeye: you mean it doesn't?

Number 50, we're halfway there. Woohoo!

49. Uncle Visa pays our debts.

Pengwuino said:
Follow my lead, let's make a list of things you thought as a kid or kids think about when they imagine being older that are sooooo not true. You'll get the hang of it.

100. Adults don't have bed times.
99. Being independent and on your own is awesome
98. Driving is fun
97. Turning 18 means you're an adult.
96. Having a girlfriend/boyfriend is awesome (giggle)
95. Credit cards make you happy
94. Wrestling is not silly.

i had a million ideas earlier but i apparently dropped them from my brain. So I call on YOU PEOPLE to continue the list. GO!

Really?

I have a bedtime. I'm not interested in staying up late.
Not really independent cause you can't independently spend money anywhere without consequence.
Driving is not fun. I have a car and do not drive it.
Turning 18 only means you're an adult define by the legal system. I have met my share of 18+ that clearly do not ressemble an adult.
People have girlfriend(s)/boyfriend(s) before 18.
Credit cards bring happiness?
Wrestling is SILLY... ask your girlfriend/boyfriend.

48. Parents have infinite money. So that if they don't buy you toys it mean they don't love you or they ain't your friend.

47. Deforestation in Brazil can be stopped thanks to American warplanes.

Hansol said:
46. I post just to tell you that I have to go home and sleep now

are you a kid?:tongue:

45. You believe that foreign languages has all the same syntax and grammar. More precisely, all languages differ by the way you pronounce words and nothing else.

44. Nobody dies, especially you and your parents.

Sakha said:
49. Uncle Visa pays our debts.

:rofl::rofl:

JasonRox said:
Really?

That's the point, all this stuff isn't true ironically :). Hell I have bed times now too :(

JasonRox said:
Wrestling is SILLY... ask your girlfriend/boyfriend.

Depends if you're watching or doing ;)

43. Sharing is a key skill in life.
42. If a chain letter said it, it must be true
41. If a newspaper said it, it must be true
40. Sigh... if my teacher said it, it must be true
39. I grow up and become an adult, but my parents were never kids.
38. Why buy a used car when they already have a new one out?

This one doesn't go on the list because it doesn't fit the theme but does anyoen else notice a lot of people maintain the childish thought that I MUST buy some fancy new gizmo or high tech new thing because I THINK I'm going to use it all the time? Think treadmills, crazy electronic devices... anything that's interesting because it has "wireless" infront of the name.

43. Wars are unnecessary
42. Everyone can live peacefully and happily
41. Everything can have good and happy ending
40. There is a perfect world
39. Criminals are evil
38. Adults do less work because they do not get homework

edit: 38=> 32

Last edited:
Slightly off topic but why the hell do you get some people who try to bring in children's opinions on highly charged political issues? "We asked little Allison here, age 6, what she thought of HR.1735A, the bill to do blah blah blah" "I think its BAD!". Or hell, children's opinions on anything. You don't let children run a country, why do I need to hear their opinion on what the President should do or something stupid like that?

Its seems all these answers could be combined into,
They are sure that they know the absolute truth, even though they don't have all the neccesary information.
In short, The same thing that makes adults stupid.

fluidistic said:
48. Parents have infinite money. So that if they don't buy you toys it mean they don't love you or they ain't your friend.

47. Deforestation in Brazil can be stopped thanks to American warplanes.

48. Compared to the cost of a typical toy, they pretty much do have infinite money.
47. Can't it?