Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

3D plot using Matlab

1. Jan 12, 2013 #1
    Hi everyone,

I'm working on a project where I need to produce a 3D plot for matrix using Matlab. The plot must comprise of both alpha and beta in 3D. Alpha, A is a 320 x 333 x 4 matrix, where each individual layer (i.e. A(320,333,i) for i = 1:4) represents one image's angles. The beta matrix is similar.

I've searched around, but I can't find a way of doing such plots in Matlab anywhere. I can quite easily do a coloured plot in 2D but the 3D plot is the one needed for visualisation purposes. I wanted to do a stacked coloured scatter plot in 3D to form the image volume somehow. It would need to be a coloured scatter plot with a colour bar scale on the side so we can know what each colour represents angle-wise. Please, oh please if any of you could help me I would be forever grateful.

Katie x

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 14, 2013 #2
    Sorry, I'm not a Matlab user, but I wonder if scatter3 or quiver3 (particularly as you might be able to use arrows to show the angles) might provide a way of achieving what you want?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook