1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

3D software for magnetic problems

1. Oct 12, 2011 #1

Low-Q

Gold Member

Hi,

Does anyone here know of a software where I can simulate magnetism in 3D - except the expensive Maxwell 3D?

Vidar

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 13, 2011 #2
    Elmer?

4. Oct 14, 2011 #3

Low-Q

Gold Member

Many thanks! I can only find information abour Elmer, source codes etc.

Is there an installation package of Elmer somewhere? Sign-up requirements?

Thanks in advance,

Vidar

5. Oct 14, 2011 #4
    If you go to the main page for http://www.csc.fi/english/pages/elmer" [Broken],

and click on "Sources and Compilation",

the very first line of the very first paragraph on that page says: "Ready-compiled binaries" ...where the word 'binaries' is a link...click on it;

then, in the middle of the following page has a link to sourceforge, click on it

once there, do not click on the green download button, that seems to only offer the documentation; instead, go to "Browse all files" and follow the path to the binaries.

...yes, I know, I could have just sent you the link to the final page, but wanted you to know you way to it from the Elmer's page.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  6. Oct 14, 2011 #5

Low-Q

Gold Member

I found it. Thanks for your help :smile:

Vidar

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook