What Can You Expect at the 5th Aruban PF Conference?

• Thread starter Jimmy Snyder
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Conference
In summary, the 1st Cancun PF Conference is starting soon and there are a few things you need to remember. The conference will be held on one happy island and participants will need to make their own way down there. There are limited beach chairs available, and those that are reserved are tax-payer funded. The conference schedule is packed with lectures and activities, but there is time for relaxation too. Finally, Jimmy wasn't able to make it to the conference, and the only other PFer that I've seen is working on his periodic table of integers. Have a great time at the conference!
Jimmy Snyder
This is a call for participants in the 5th Aruban PF conference. A limited number of beach chairs have been reserved for this year's conference on one happy island. This is a tax-payer funded all-expenses paid trip. That means that I, the tax-payer, will fund the trip and pay all expenses for two lucky participants (my wife and I) . All others must make their own way down there. Here is a tentative schedule:
Day 1: Relax
Day 2: Relax
Day 3: Relax
Day 4: Relax
Day 5: Day off
Day 6: Relax
Day 7: Relax
Day 8: Relax
Day 9: Relax
I tried to fit in some time for the actual conference, but the only day open was day 5, and I decided not to deprive the participants a chance to get away from the packed schedule.

While down there, I will be working on my periodic table of the integers, a project that I work on from time to time, or periodically as you might say. The periodic properties of the integers when expressed in base 10 are well known. However, after finishing up a do it yourself project at home, I hit upon the happy thought that it might be well to consider the properties that arise from a base 9 representation.

See you there.

Physics news on Phys.org
Have a wonderful time! :grumpy: :wink:

I've started packing...now where did I put those integers I had left from last year?

I hate when these conferences conflict with my teaching schedule and I can't get away for the conference. Then again, this one sounds absolutely exhausting with such a packed schedule, and I don't think I got my abstract submitted before the deadline. :frown: Drat!

The conference got underway Friday. So far I haven't been able to break away from the pool area to attend any of the lectures. I assume that all forum members are here, but I wouldn't know because I don't know what you look like. The outdoor solar powered tanning salon is the greatest. Well, I got to go now, I think its time to roll over and do the other side.

You're pure evil jimmy.

I thought that it was next month in Cancun. I'll try to stick to the schedule when I'm there though. :biggrin:

Wow...what a great day to pull out my swimming trunks.

I tried to get down, Jimmy, but was grounded by the snow storms over the weekend. Maybe next you can hold the conference in Old Orchard Beach. Normally, it's swamped with Canadians, but it's pretty quiet right now. You'd have the place to yourself.

I've been to 17 lectures and 2 buffets, still no sign of Jimmy. They did have a medi-vac team here just a bit ago, someone yelling{loosely translated} "man look like lobster"

hypatia said:
I've been to 17 lectures and 2 buffets, still no sign of Jimmy. They did have a medi-vac team here just a bit ago, someone yelling{loosely translated} "man look like lobster"
:rofl:

hypatia said:

That was me. I think. :cool:

Overheard at the hottub, a man speaking with a child, perhaps a friend of his own child.
Child: I'm ten years old
Man: I'm four times as old
Child: Wow! You're forty?
Man: Plus two.
Different child: Is that like 100?
First child: I know 200 times 1 is 200.
Man: That's right. Any number multiplied by 1 is the same number.
short pause
Man: Except for 0. Zero times any number is 0.

So far, he was the only PFer I bumped into that I could tell was a PFer.
Gotta go, they're serving lobsters for dinner and I don't want to miss it.

radou said:
Wow...what a great day to pull out my swimming trunks.

:rofl::rofl:

That's what the guy's that I used to water ski with would say right before climbing back in the boat after a particularly rough fall called 'sitting on the wake'.

1st Cancun PF conference.

The 1st Cancun PF Conference starts in 5 days! Don't forget your sunblock. :cool:

I would like to go, but I can't. My topic would be "A methodology for achieving uniform effects of ultraviolet radiation on the epidermis." Carry on without me.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I would like to go, but I can't. My topic would be "A methodology for achieving uniform effects of ultraviolet radiation on the epidermis." Carry on without me.

I knew I forgot something. I haven't started my topic.

Hmmm. I need to thin down the list.

Projectile motion of polished stones in gulf oil slicks.
Per capita consumption of alcohol at my beach chair.
Blood pressure spikes due to second hand topless sunbathers.

1. What is the purpose of the 5th Aruban PF conference?

The 5th Aruban PF conference is an annual event that aims to bring together scientists, researchers, and professionals from various fields to discuss and exchange ideas on the latest developments and advancements in the field of physical chemistry, with a focus on Aruba.

2. Who can attend the 5th Aruban PF conference?

The conference is open to anyone who is interested in physical chemistry and its applications. This includes students, professors, researchers, and professionals from both academia and industry.

3. What topics will be covered at the 5th Aruban PF conference?

The conference will cover a wide range of topics related to physical chemistry, including but not limited to: nanotechnology, materials science, chemical kinetics, spectroscopy, and surface science. There will also be sessions dedicated to discussing the current challenges and future prospects in these areas.

4. How can I submit a presentation or poster for the 5th Aruban PF conference?

The conference organizers accept abstract submissions for both oral presentations and posters. The abstract should be submitted through the conference website before the specified deadline. The abstract will then be reviewed by the scientific committee, and the authors will be notified of the acceptance status.

5. Will there be networking opportunities at the 5th Aruban PF conference?

Yes, the conference will provide several networking opportunities, such as coffee breaks, lunches, and a conference dinner. These events will allow participants to interact and exchange ideas with other attendees, fostering collaborations and partnerships.