96 days since it has rained in Phoenix, Arizona

• Thread starter moose
  • Start date
In summary, the record is something around 101 days and it looks like we will beat it. Tsu is an optimist and is looking forward to the rain because it will be good for hiking.
moose

The record is something around 101 days and it looks like we will beat it...

Can you imagine? It hasn't rained for more than three months

Since October 18th, I believe.

Physics news on Phys.org
Isn't that why it's called a desert? :biggrin:

You can have my rain. The ground has been mud for probably 2 months now...I guess I'm thankful that it's unseasonably warm, so all this rain is not snow.

I'll tell you one thing, it's only going to take two drops and I'll pack up my equipment and call it a rain day. I've had to work every day I was scheduled to.

Jeez, I think it's rained about all but 3 days of the last two months here in Sonoma. It rained (I believe) for 27 consecutive days in Seattle. Northern part of the western seaboard has been getting drenched.

its a blizzard here right now. snow day! no school!

Oh, and i got my job in AZ for the summer, so I'm officially going to be there! it'd better rain though cause otherwise we don't get to hike as much because of fire hazards in the forest, and that'd totally blow.

Tsu must be the definition of an Oregon optimist: She looked out the window this morning and said, "oh wow, it's a beautiful day; there's just a bunch of fog and clouds in the way".

We're something close to 250% over normal. It has rained for forty days and forty nights, so I'm building an ark.

Ivan Seeking said:
Tsu must be the definition of an Oregon optimist: She looked out the window this morning and said, "oh wow, it's a beautiful day; there's just a bunch of fog and clouds in the way".
We're something close to 250% over normal. It has rained for forty days and forty nights, so I'm building an ark.
:smile: Aren't you supposed to build the ark BEFORE the rain starts? :smile:

Does that mean I should start building?

I think it means we are all going to be gone soon :cry:

Moonbear said:
:smile: Aren't you supposed to build the ark BEFORE the rain starts? :smile:

Yes, I'm a little slow to get around to these things, but the other night when I heard a fog horn down by the creek...

when you start picking up the animals don't forget I'm the only male tribdog.

It's a beautiful day outside just that I'm afreid of opening the front door becouse last I chaked it was -19°C.

PS It hasn't reind for the last 3 months. Theres nothing but snow,snow and a lot of ice.

Looks like it will start raining today.

FAQ: 96 days since it has rained in Phoenix, Arizona

1. Why hasn't it rained in Phoenix, Arizona for 96 days?

The lack of rain in Phoenix, Arizona for 96 days is due to a persistent high pressure system that has been blocking moisture from entering the region. This is a common occurrence during the summer months in the desert Southwest.

2. Is this a record-breaking drought for Phoenix, Arizona?

No, it is not a record-breaking drought. Phoenix has experienced longer periods without rain in the past, with the longest recorded drought lasting 160 days in 1904.

3. How does the lack of rain affect the environment in Phoenix, Arizona?

The lack of rain can have negative impacts on the environment in Phoenix, Arizona. It can lead to dry and dusty conditions, which can cause respiratory issues for some individuals. It can also result in water shortages for plants and animals, leading to decreased vegetation and potential threats to wildlife.

4. How does the lack of rain impact the local economy in Phoenix, Arizona?

The lack of rain can have a significant impact on the local economy in Phoenix, Arizona. It can lead to decreased crop yields for farmers, which can result in higher food prices. It can also affect tourism, as the dry and dusty conditions may not be appealing to visitors.

5. Is there a chance of rain in the forecast for Phoenix, Arizona?

There is always a chance of rain in the forecast for Phoenix, Arizona, but the likelihood of rain during the summer months is low. The monsoon season typically brings some relief from the dry conditions, but it typically doesn't begin until mid to late July. Until then, Phoenix residents can expect dry and hot weather conditions.

Back