Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

96 days since it has rained in Phoenix, Arizona

1. Jan 22, 2006 #1
    :surprised :surprised

The record is something around 101 days and it looks like we will beat it....

Can you imagine? It hasn't rained for more than three months :surprised

Since October 18th, I believe.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 22, 2006 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Isn't that why it's called a desert? :biggrin:

You can have my rain. The ground has been mud for probably 2 months now...I guess I'm thankful that it's unseasonably warm, so all this rain is not snow.

4. Jan 23, 2006 #3
    I'll tell you one thing, it's only gonna take two drops and I'll pack up my equipment and call it a rain day. I've had to work every day I was scheduled to.

5. Jan 23, 2006 #4

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Jeez, I think it's rained about all but 3 days of the last two months here in Sonoma. It rained (I believe) for 27 consecutive days in Seattle. Northern part of the western seaboard has been getting drenched.

6. Jan 23, 2006 #5
    its a blizzard here right now. snow day! no school!

Oh, and i got my job in AZ for the summer, so i'm officially gonna be there! it'd better rain though cause otherwise we don't get to hike as much because of fire hazards in the forest, and that'd totally blow.

7. Jan 23, 2006 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Tsu must be the definition of an Oregon optimist: She looked out the window this morning and said, "oh wow, it's a beautiful day; there's just a bunch of fog and clouds in the way".

We're something close to 250% over normal. It has rained for forty days and forty nights, so I'm building an ark.

8. Jan 23, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: Aren't you supposed to build the ark BEFORE the rain starts? :rofl:

9. Jan 23, 2006 #8

JamesU

Gold Member

Does that mean I should start building?

10. Jan 23, 2006 #9
    I think it means we are all going to be gone soon :cry:

11. Jan 23, 2006 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, I'm a little slow to get around to these things, but the other night when I heard a fog horn down by the creek...

12. Jan 24, 2006 #11
    when you start picking up the animals don't forget I'm the only male tribdog.

13. Jan 24, 2006 #12
    It's a beutiful day outside just that i'm afreid of opening the front door becouse last I chaked it was -19°C.

PS It hasn't reind for the last 3 months. Theres nothing but snow,snow and a lot of ice.

14. Jan 24, 2006 #13

JamesU

Gold Member

Looks like it will start raining today.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?