A Flying Hoverboard that I want to replicate

In summary, a flying hoverboard is a type of personal transportation device that uses magnetic levitation to hover above the ground and propel the rider forward. It is similar to a skateboard in appearance, but instead of wheels, it uses powerful magnets to create a hover effect. There have been several prototypes created, but no commercial version is currently available for purchase. Many people are fascinated by the idea of a flying hoverboard and there have been attempts to replicate it, but the technology and engineering required make it a difficult task. Despite the challenges, the concept of a flying hoverboard continues to capture the imagination and interest of many.
kpuding
So, some days ago I was rethinking my childhood and remember that I was obsessed with ben 10, particularly with the hoverboard in the film (https://ben10.fandom.com/wiki/Hoverboards). Right now, I really want to construct a replication of it, but I am stuck with some problems. First, what type of thruster that would fit in a 1m*30cm*10cm dimension and would be able to lift a 70 kg person and itself (maybe 10-20kg) . Second, what power supply should I use to make the hoverboard fly for maybe 5-10 minutes. I am thinking that it would fly up to 100 meter above ground. If you have a suggestion, I'm hoping you could answer me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Your link says "Hoverboards are a type of technology, typically alien in origin" (emphasis mine). Therein lies the problem.

Last edited:
Well yeah. Do you have any brilliant ideas to imitate that device?

Based on that description, I'd start by finding an alien.

• Haha
Likes Dale, russ_watters, berkeman and 4 others
Hmm, bringing a bag of fuel every flight doesn't seem very stable and safe. Do you think if a fusion reactor exists, it could be made into a small enough size to fit in the previously mentioned dimension and have the power to fly? Maybe it will function as the combustor and pressurizer at the same time in a modified turbojet engine.

kpuding said:
Do you think if a fusion reactor exists, it could be made into a small enough size to fit in the previously mentioned dimension and have the power to fly?
Maybe after 1000 years of refinement in design. Using near-term technology no way. A building the size of a football stadium would be closer.

Likes russ_watters
Okay, but how about the Space Shuttle Main Engine (RS-25)? I heard that it has one of the highest power-to-weight ratio. Could it be used in a small device like hoverboard? What are the possible advantages and disadvantages of it?

Trolling thread closed temporarily for Moderation...

http://exploredeepspace.com/wp-cont...-NASA-image-posted-on-SpaceFlight-Insider.jpg
1570579082303.png

Likes Vanadium 50 and anorlunda
Thread closed permanently.

1. What is a flying hoverboard?

A flying hoverboard is a type of personal transportation device that uses magnetic levitation technology to hover above the ground and move in different directions.

2. How does a flying hoverboard work?

A flying hoverboard works by using powerful magnets to create a magnetic field that interacts with the Earth's magnetic field, allowing the board to hover and move in different directions.

3. Can anyone use a flying hoverboard?

While anyone can physically use a flying hoverboard, it requires proper training and skill to operate one safely. It is not recommended for children or those without proper training.

4. Is it safe to use a flying hoverboard?

When used properly and with caution, a flying hoverboard can be safe to use. However, it is important to follow all safety guidelines and receive proper training before operating one.

5. How can I replicate a flying hoverboard?

Replicating a flying hoverboard requires knowledge and expertise in magnetic levitation technology. It is not recommended for individuals without a background in science and engineering.