Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A good smoke bomb.

1. Apr 9, 2005 #1
    Hey, before I get started, I know this is a forum for serious chemists and not punk ass kids who want to screw around, but oh well.

I tried the 6 part potassium nitrate and 4 part sugar smoke bomb and I was greatly disappointed. I have used those pre-manufactered smoke bombs that use about a half a gram of reactants and give off enough smoke to fill a garage. I would probably need 5 or 6 grams of Sugar and KNO3 to fill a garage.

What do i need to make a heavy/thick/dense smoke bomb?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 9, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Im a punk ass kid who wants to screw around :D

4. Apr 9, 2005 #3
    Alright I am only telling you this since it was told to me. Again I am serious when I say that it is VERY VERY dangerous if there
    1) The concentrations are too high
    2) To much limiting reagent is used.

But here it is...

*deleted*

Again only for inrofmative purposes.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2005
  5. Apr 9, 2005 #4

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I really don't think that it was necessary to tell him this information; if he wished to understand any of the chemical theories behind the smoke bomb he would have asked specific questions. There's plenty of information out there on smoke bombs, nevertheless these questions have no educational value whatsoever and inappropriate here at PF.

6. Apr 10, 2005 #5

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Agreed, closing thread.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?