1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A-level student with a love for particle physics

1. Feb 17, 2015 #1
    I am currently in my first year of A levels and we have completed the particle physics parts of this year and by asking my teacher and A2 physics students I have found that next year we will not be going into much more detail regarding particle physics. This left me somewhat disappointed as I won't be taught anymore material about my favourite part of physics. So, I was wondering how I could learn more about this field right now seeing as I will not be formally taught it until I get to university. Any book or lecture recommendations would be much appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 17, 2015 #2

CalcNerd

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Check out MIT open courseware. They should have online open class with material and sample work for you to review. Other universities also have similar programs where you can look over the course content. It is free and informative.

You may consider enrolling a distance learning program and attending. Local schools will give you an instate rate and sometimes online programs receive a preferential rate as well.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook