Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A little help?

1. Sep 15, 2004 #1
    Hi! I'm new to this forum. I took some stats in University but that was so long ago that I don't remember much.
    I'm trying to figure out how big of a sample size I need to generate some stats for the company I work for. I'm not sure what info is needed but if anyone is interested in helping, I'd appreciate it.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2004 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

That depends on the size of the company, what statistic you want to determine, and what level of significance you want.
  4. Sep 16, 2004 #3
    Ok, it's for customer satisfaction surveys. We do 100 installations per month, we want to send out surveys to see whether our customers are satisfied with our service. So I'd like to see how many surveys we should send out. Significance level could be either 1% or 5% whichever results in less surveys (I forget how that works). The statistics will be generated on a monthly bases.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?