Who is the newest member of PF with a passion for science, anime, and tea?

• Thread starter Amaterasu21
  • Start date
Amaterasu21
Hello everyone,

I joined PF a few weeks ago and have already made quite a few posts, but better late than never to introduce myself I suppose!

I'm a student from the UK, currently doing a Masters degree in geology and planetary science. (My BSc thesis was on modelling the thermal evolution of Pluto's largest moon Charon - and yes, I am looking forward to the New Horizons flyby later this year!) I love physics, but my mathematical ability isn't as high as I'd like it to be (I have an A-level in maths and an AS-level in further maths and have taken some maths modules at University, which I suppose is more maths background than people with a non-science background would have, but still not enough for physics) and (as you'll see from my posts) I still have a lot of naive questions about physics... I hope to have some of those stupid questions answered and some of my misconceptions cleared up here on PF, and I hope I can help answer other people's questions too, especially those that relate to planetary science, geology or astronomy! Learning and teaching are two of my biggest passions, after all. ^^

My main interests are science in general (geology and astronomy, of course, also biology, natural history and a passing acquaintance with physics), anime and manga, video games (some of you may recognise my username and icon as being from the game Okami), reading (my favourite author is Isaac Asimov), music (my favourite band is They Might Be Giants, who I saw live last year in the best concert I've ever been to), history and politics - basically, I'm a walking stereotype of an early twenties-aged nerd. (And I love tea as well, so you can add a national stereotype to that...)

I'm already having a great time here so far. I'm looking forward to many discussions about the wonders of the Universe with you all, having my misconceptions cleared up, having my questions answered, learning physics, maybe teaching others a little science too, and most of all simply meeting you all!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!