A problem in Lumerical -- how to define a quantum well's materials and features

In summary, in Lumerical, you can use the Material Database to define the material properties for a quantum well and specify its thickness. You can also define multiple materials for a quantum well using the Material Stack feature and use the Structure Editor tool to define its dimensions. Lumerical has visualization tools such as the Visualizer and 3D Viewer to view the features of a quantum well. Additionally, Lumerical has advanced simulation tools, including the Quantum Solver and Device Simulation, to study the behavior and performance of a quantum well.
Pooya
Hi
I've started the simulation of a vcsel structure with lumerical software. I've got a problem in solution mode
I don't know how i can define the quantum wells materials and features for the software ..
Let me give you an example of its structure :
450px-Real_vcsel.svg.png

As the example says i have to use 7 layers in its active region.
In Lumerical we have different materials such as [r,k] , Lorentz , dielectrics and so on..
With which materials can i define the quantum wells ?

Have you solved the problem?

1. How do I define a material for a quantum well in Lumerical?

In Lumerical, you can use the Material Database to define the material properties for a quantum well. Simply select the appropriate material from the database and specify the thickness of the quantum well layer.

2. Can I define multiple materials for a quantum well in Lumerical?

Yes, you can define multiple materials for a quantum well by using the Material Stack feature in Lumerical. This allows you to stack different materials on top of each other to create the desired quantum well structure.

3. How can I define the dimensions of a quantum well in Lumerical?

To define the dimensions of a quantum well in Lumerical, you can use the Structure Editor tool. This allows you to specify the width, length, and thickness of the quantum well layer.

4. What is the best way to visualize the features of a quantum well in Lumerical?

Lumerical has a built-in visualization tool called the Visualizer that allows you to view the features of a quantum well, such as the energy levels and wave functions. You can also use the 3D Viewer to get a more detailed view of the quantum well structure.

5. Is it possible to simulate the behavior of a quantum well in Lumerical?

Yes, Lumerical has advanced simulation tools that allow you to study the behavior of quantum wells. You can use the Quantum Solver to simulate the electronic and optical properties of a quantum well, and the Device Simulation tool to analyze the performance of a quantum well device.