A thought on reincarnation

• Thread starter solipsis
  • Start date
all living beings have a life force inside of them, which shld help them to grow, learn live and survive... hence the difference between a living and dead body. both the living and dead bodies have the same organs, the same functions, but while one has a life force, the other doesnt.
science itself has established that plants and other bacteria are living beings. but they have no obvious brain or brain functions. their major function is to survive and procreate. but they are living. so to limit a life force to just a functioning brain is to say that humans and animals are the only living things.

i believe the concept of a separate life force, existing without d support of an atomic body is worth exploring. it can also explain the phenomena of hauntings and the supernatural in a scientific manner.
assuming that the life force is a physical material, absolutely different from the atomic and sub atomic particles that we currently know.
if we try to study the life force as a material with a prescribed set of qualities, abilities and energy sustained within itself, we can decode this phenoma.

i personally believe, that our ability to know and percieve and react accordingly is inherent in all living beings, take for eg, mimosa's ability to recoil to touch, or an ants ability to sense food, or how the plant roots worm their roots towards more moist lands...
counter it with a dead bodies inability to know, percieve and act accordingly, i think its worth exploring

Evo
Mentor
counter it with a dead bodies inability to know, percieve and act accordingly, i think its worth exploring
Exploring dead bodies?

lol, u could explore y dead bodies are the way they are....
but i also think exploring why living beings are the way they are will solve many unanswered questions.

i believe the concept of a separate life force, existing without d support of an atomic body is worth exploring. it can also explain the phenomena of hauntings and the supernatural in a scientific manner.
assuming that the life force is a physical material, absolutely different from the atomic and sub atomic particles that we currently know.
if we try to study the life force as a material with a prescribed set of qualities, abilities and energy sustained within itself, we can decode this phenoma.
Wow, I can't believe you're accepting this in the forums.

I'm sorry, but even for philosophy this is pushing it. No mainstream science what-so-ever to even begin to back this up.

You might as well claim "the force" from Star Wars exists.

So far as reincarnation goes, the biggest problem I have with it is where the 'new' people come from? There are 6.5 billion on the planet now, where did all of these people come from if people are reincarnated? Is it a case of "hmm, no dead person available, stick a fresh one in"? It just doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean it isn't possible. I thot there was something called freedom of speech thought and expression.
if ur brain is resting and unconscious while sleeping, how is it that u know uv been breathing and resting? The only difference between a dead and sleeping man is a beating heart.
As for where are all those new people coming from, have u noticed the reduction in plant and animal life and species? Where dyu think all those life forces go when they die? Many of them must transfer to human bodies. And no1 ever said nething about a limit on the no. Of life forces a planet can contain..

Wow seriously, this is as overly speculative as it gets.

Freedom of speech doesnt apply on a privately run forum. There are rules regarding posts like this.

Tell me, what sentiments am I hurting? Or what 'mainstream' sciences do u want to back my theory? And when u say posts like 'this', what exactly do u mean...? There is a reason why these posts are here and not in metaphysics section

U are reacting rather strongly to a proposed alternate theory. Do you have anything better to suggest? Ur obviously not puTting it forth.
as for the force from star wars, all imagination has a basis in reality.

All claims must be backed up by mainstream scienctific publications.

Overly speculative posts and personal theories are not allowed.

These are the forum guidelines.

If its proof that u want, I will find it for you.

It's the philosophy forum.

You're overdoing the materialistic human-centric point of view, just a bit. ;)

There is no possible way in which to back up philosophical "Luft" of any magnitude, coming from anyone (ranging an unknown to giants of philosophy) , with mainstream scientific papers.

Any post in philosophy regarding science or maths is subject to the same rules of the other forums. Philosophy forum rules, not mine.

The claims made are regarding a "life force" inside all living beings and the differences between being alive and dead. This is a Biology topic and better answers given in the biology forums for the claims made in those posts - to continue discussion here won't provide anything meaningful without someone who can give better input regarding the topic.

As per the posts themselves, they were an alternative hypothesis on the subject and they are specifically banned.

But hey, if the moderators feel the rules can be applied as they see fit and ignored where they don't wish to enforce them then so be it. It just lowers the quality of the forums.

Any post in philosophy regarding science or maths is subject to the same rules of the other forums. Philosophy forum rules, not mine.

The claims made are regarding a "life force" inside all living beings and the differences between being alive and dead. This is a Biology topic and better answers given in the biology forums for the claims made in those posts - to continue discussion here won't provide anything meaningful without someone who can give better input regarding the topic.

As per the posts themselves, they were an alternative hypothesis on the subject and they are specifically banned.

But hey, if the moderators feel the rules can be applied as they see fit and ignored where they don't wish to enforce them then so be it. It just lowers the quality of the forums.
Let moderators handle it. A philosophy forum is the last place where anyone should ask for references from scientific journals. They are as inappropriate as asking a writer of SF literature for scientific papers to abck up his books.

One the other hand, I have to congratulate you for your outstanding conformity and obedience to the rules. I think that any newcomer to those forums should look up to you and learn from your example.

Evo
Mentor
Thread locked.