What is the relationship between Earth's kinetic energy and a falling object?

• Thread starter medical2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thinking
In summary, the conversation is discussing the comparison of the kinetic energy of a falling object to the kinetic energy of the Earth. The speaker is unsure of how to measure the kinetic energy in this scenario and is seeking clarification. They propose comparing the kinetic energy of the object to the Earth's instead of to another object. However, the other person is still unsure of what the speaker is trying to achieve and explains that the kinetic energy of the falling object is constantly changing due to acceleration.
medical2
About my thinking ! Kenetic E"

last week i am thinking about the kenetic energy of the Earth compared with the object that falling down .

I assume that it may be equal to 0 or ∞ but no why ??

How about you for this case ?

Physics news on Phys.org

Not sure what you are asking about or why you'd compare the kinetic energy of the Earth (in what frame?) to the kinetic energy of a falling object.

Ohh sorry !

Hmm , i have ever seen comparison of the K.E of object 1 to K.E of object 2 while falling down . So in this case , i want to compared with the Earth instead of object 2.

thanks for answer , just doubt !

medical2 said:
Hmm , i have ever seen comparison of the K.E of object 1 to K.E of object 2 while falling down . So in this case , i want to compared with the Earth instead of object 2.
I'm still not understanding what you want to do. Usually, one measures the speed of the falling body--and thus its kinetic energy--with respect to the ground. What do you propose instead?

i assume that the object's mass is m Kg. and the Earth's mass is M Kg.
i want to know the kenetic of object respect to the Earth's while the object is falling .

it may be m/M or M/m or equal to 1 or 0 .

i try to understand to law of kenetic energy but it so hard of this case for me.
thanks for pay attention to my doubt.

the kinetic energy of the falling object is constantly changing because its velocity is changing due to the acceleration due to gravity. You must specify at what location/time you want to know the object's kinetic energy.

1. What is Kinetic E and why is it important in science?

Kinetic energy, or Kenetic E, is the energy an object possesses due to its motion. It is important in science because it is a fundamental concept in understanding the behavior and interactions of matter and energy.

2. How is Kinetic E calculated?

Kinetic energy is calculated using the equation KE = 1/2 * m * v^2, where m is the mass of the object and v is its velocity.

3. What are some real-life examples of Kinetic E?

Some examples of Kinetic E in everyday life include a moving car, a bouncing ball, a swinging pendulum, and a flying airplane.

4. How is Kinetic E related to potential energy?

Kinetic energy and potential energy are two forms of energy that can be interconverted. Kinetic energy can be converted into potential energy and vice versa, such as when a rollercoaster reaches the top of a hill (potential energy) and then speeds down (kinetic energy).

5. How does Kinetic E play a role in different scientific fields?

Kinetic energy is a concept that is applicable in various fields of science, such as physics, chemistry, and engineering. It is used to understand the movement and behavior of particles, the transfer of energy, and the design of machines and structures.