AC production production -- I need to describe how it works

  • Thread starter Thread starter Daniel2244
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ac Current Works
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Daniel2244
Messages
125
Reaction score
5

Homework Statement


provide a detailed review on how alternating current is produced and the relation that determins movement and current flow direction.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


I know the basics of how AC is produced- AC is produced from an alternater (type of generator) which is comprised of a wire and magnetic field. The wire is rotated between the two magnets inducing current flow. using Flemming's left/right hand rule I can work out the direction of current flow.

All the research I have done so far has only have me little insight of how AC is produced but I need to provide a thorough review. Could you guys please recommend some good websites?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I went to Wikipedia and did an initial search on AC Power Production. That led me to a disambiguation page, where there are a number of good links to Wikipedia articles given. Maybe start with that? :smile:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Daniel2244
berkeman said:
I went to Wikipedia and did an initial search on AC Power Production. That led me to a disambiguation page, where there are a number of good links to Wikipedia articles given. Maybe start with that? :smile:
Thank you sir
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
berkeman said:
I went to Wikipedia and did an initial search on AC Power Production. That led me to a disambiguation page, where there are a number of good links to Wikipedia articles given. Maybe start with that? :smile:
Could you give me some insight on how left hand rule is applied to the question it is my understanding that only the right-hand rule applied to AC
 
Daniel2244 said:
Could you give me some insight on how left hand rule is applied to the question it is my understanding that only the right-hand rule applied to AC
Can you post a link? I've never used a left-hand rule...