• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Advice for aspiring engineer student

• Thread starter jonq1987
  • Start date
I don't have a car and the only engineering program in my area within bus limits is an associates in applied science program but i already have an AS in something else so what should I do? Devry has an ABET accredited electronic engineering program but I'm not sure if I should go there.

Have you considered loans to pay for a dorm? If you didn't get into a bona fide engineering program maybe you can go to a community college, take the basic math, science, humanities classes and transfer?

Agreed with the post above. You may qualify for grants or scholarships too, which don't have to be paid back. Although you may find it cheaper (Cheaper for sure around here) to live in a off-campus student apartment. You get matched with random roommates, but you can probably find one that comes with utilities and a private bedroom/bathroom and will be cheaper than a dorm room. At a lot of uni's these even have shuttles that take you to and from campus for free, definately check it out.

Agreed with the post above. You may qualify for grants or scholarships too, which don't have to be paid back. Although you may find it cheaper (Cheaper for sure around here) to live in a off-campus student apartment. You get matched with random roommates, but you can probably find one that comes with utilities and a private bedroom/bathroom and will be cheaper than a dorm room. At a lot of uni's these even have shuttles that take you to and from campus for free, definately check it out.
Thanks for the input guys, but I found an awesome online program at Drexel. A BS in Computing Technology and then an MS in Software engineering at Embry Riddle on campus.