Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace Aerospace engineering book

1. Jul 14, 2010 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2010 #2
    If you are not very good at math, those books are not for the faint of heart.
  4. Jul 27, 2010 #3
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  5. Jul 31, 2010 #4
    Actually i have a good background in both physics and math. It's just that i have never studied enginnering before. Anyway, i got the first one and i find it very enlightening so far. Thank you for your your answers.
  6. Aug 3, 2010 #5
    As an aero PhD once told me..."you can't get far in aerodynamics without the maths". :cry:
  7. Aug 4, 2010 #6
    I think that this applies to every subfield of physics.
  8. Aug 4, 2010 #7
    Hear, hear!...

It still makes me wanna :cry: however!
  9. Aug 4, 2010 #8
    "It still makes me wanna :cry: how ever!"
    May this site helps you "2020ok.com" if you wanna ebooks on engineering..
    2020ok.com > Engineering > Aerospace > Aerodynamics > Aeronautics in Theory and Experiments
    And there are many ebooks on Aerospace engineering.
  10. Aug 10, 2010 #9
    I'm looking for some on aircraft design, and I'm having issues finding one. Does anyone know and particularly good ones?
  11. Aug 10, 2010 #10
    I have Raymer's "Aircraft Design: A Conceptual Approach". Raymer is very straightforward and provides many rules of thumb to keep initial design as simple as possible. Don't expect derivations however. Very practical book in my opinion.
  12. Aug 15, 2010 #11
    At this phase I'm not too interested in the derivation of the equations, so it's not an issue. I'll see if I can find a copy. Thanks for the tip!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook