What are the ages of your life?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, each age has its own positives and negatives, but in the end, it all leads to a better person.
Loren Booda
Here are what I might call the ages of my life:

Year 0-3: Unremembered.

Years 3-10: Awakened.

Years 10-13: Rebellious.

Years 13-19: Sublime.

Years 19-25: Disturbed.

Years 25-35: Idyllic.

Years 35-41: Panicked.

Years 41-52: Romantic.

(Notice the alternations.)

And yours?

Physics news on Phys.org
Year 0-3: First memories

Years 3-10: Abused by school, they tell me that they can't deal with children of my inteligence, decide to take my books away.

Years 10-13:
Told by the school I was too inteligent and they couldn't teach me.

Years 13-19: Told I was too advanced.

Years 19-25: Hell, forced into courses I hated.

Years 25-35: Went to work at age 18 for a major company and worked my way up. They had they're own university since they were inventing everything and there were no places that could teach the technology.

Years 35-41: My best years.

Years 41-52: great years

Years 53+ suck, suck, suck

Year 0-18: Unremembered
Years 18-19: Awakened
Years 19-21: Rebellious
Years 21- : Discovery

Evo said:
Year 0-3: First memories

Years 3-10: Abused by school, they tell me that they can't deal with children of my inteligence, decide to take my books away.

Years 10-13:
Told by the school I was too inteligent and they couldn't teach me.

Years 13-19: Told I was too advanced.

Years 19-25: Hell, forced into courses I hated.

Years 25-35: Went to work at age 18 for a major company and worked my way up. They had they're own university since they were inventing everything and there were no places that could teach the technology.

Years 35-41: My best years.

Years 41-52: great years

Years 53+ suck, suck, suck

Evo, I read that initially your teachers -- threatened by your intelligence -- stole your imagination and opportunities, but eventually you became the teacher of the child you always wished for. I'm sure you have described in detail in these forums why these most recent years suck (and I don't think you mean nursing).

0-3 bummed around

3-10 plotted

10-13 peaked in intelligence relative to cretin classmates

13-19 had no idea who I was

19-25 not finished yet but seems to be working out better than expected

Loren Booda said:
Evo, I read that initially your teachers -- threatened by your intelligence -- stole your imagination and opportunities, but eventually you became the teacher of the child you always wished for. I'm sure you have described in detail in these forums why these most recent years suck (and I don't think you mean nursing).
I've read that a lot of people on here were bored to death in school due to similar situations. My teachers didn't feel threatened, they just didn't have a way to keep up with how fast I was. The result is that I had to self teach myself and the lack of getting an advanced degree in a field of my choice was a mistake I've always regretted. That really is my greatest regret, that I can't hold a candle to the people on here academically. The things you learn in a good school, the methods, the discipline, they're priceless.

My advice to anyone is to stay in school and go for an advanced degree in what they enjoy. The old days when you can start at the bottom at a company and work your way up is rare nowdays. I was lucky, I started work part time when I started college and soon the opportunities at work were too tempting.

Anyway, I am trying once again to find out what is physically wrong and have just about every test imaginable scheduled now. Wish me luck.

I know you've also had to make the best of a difficult situation.

I'm not fast anymore, chronic lack of sleep has made me a basket case. I've been going downhill for several years. WHINE

Last edited:
ryan_m_b said:
0-3 bummed around

3-10 plotted

10-13 peaked in intelligence relative to cretin classmates

13-19 had no idea who I was

19-25 not finished yet but seems to be working out better than expected
Love it. :biggrin:

0 - 3 Memories of which I'm not sure anymore.

3 - 5 Trying to mimic everything.

5 - 12 Wisest, most popular at school, thought most intelligent by teachers.

12 - 16 Computer games addict, stopped studying out of boredom, bullied at school (<-- oh how much I regret those completely wasted years!)

16 - 18 Study to get to Uni\ first relationship (= even more wasted time)

18-21 Got to Engineering, DESTROYED by health issue, depressed, development of a grand worldview.

21-24 Completely recovered from health issue, athletic, one of the best at uni, popular, 2nd relationship, worldview seems to converge. ( = The best years of my life! It's almost as if I'm unable to feel sad!)

I couldn't describe with fewer words, there seemed to be so much going on at each age!

Well I guess no time is wasted time. For example, the thought patterns I developed while playing strategy games online helped me at math later on. And it developed my English as well, having to communicate with other players. But I can't help but think that all this time could have been invested better.

I enjoy the ride, and I'll keep it up like this for a while... :D

0 - yesterday: Unremembered

today: huh?

tomorrow: you talkin to me?

evo said:
years 3-10: Abused by school, they tell me that they can't deal with children of my inteligence, decide to take my books away.

why?

Evo said:
Love it. :biggrin:

:blushing:

0 Remember being born

.01 - 10 Lots of joy, discovery.

10 - I'm still trying to get past 10.

0 - 3 months: Lay around the house eating and sleeping.
3 months - 38 years: Life of a bachelor.
38: Got married.
38 - present: Lay around the house eating and sleeping.

Jimmy Snyder said:
0 - 3 months: Lay around the house eating and sleeping.
3 months - 38 years: Life of a bachelor.
38: Got married.
38 - present: Lay around the house eating and sleeping.

:rofl:

No imaginary times?

1. What is the average lifespan of a human?

The average lifespan of a human is approximately 72 years for both males and females. However, this can vary greatly depending on factors such as genetics, lifestyle, and access to healthcare.

2. At what age does a human stop physically aging?

There is no specific age at which a human stops physically aging. The aging process is a gradual one that begins at birth and continues throughout life. However, certain physical changes may become more apparent as one gets older.

3. What is the longest recorded human lifespan?

The longest recorded human lifespan is 122 years and 164 days, achieved by Frenchwoman Jeanne Calment. However, there have been claims of longer lifespans throughout history that have not been officially verified.

4. Can a person's lifestyle affect their lifespan?

Yes, a person's lifestyle can have a significant impact on their lifespan. Factors such as diet, exercise, smoking, and stress management can all play a role in how long a person lives. Making healthy choices can help extend one's lifespan.

5. Is it possible to extend human lifespan through technology or medical advancements?

While there have been advancements in medical technology that can help prolong life, there is currently no technology or medical treatment that can significantly extend human lifespan beyond what is considered the natural limit. However, ongoing research in areas such as genetics and anti-aging may lead to future breakthroughs in extending the human lifespan.