Air pressure vs post-fuel pump vaporization chamber

In summary, the conversation revolved around the question of whether a non-combustible fuel source can be vaporized with an internal radiant coil and then pressurized with compressed air without causing back-flow. The expert summarizer concludes that the answer is yes, and equalizing the pressure in the fuel tank and using a pump in the fuel line can solve this problem. The conversation also touched on the importance of clear and patient communication when using unfamiliar terminology in a discussion.
Braden T
My question is harder to explain than I would imagine it will be to answer. I'm trying to vaporize a non-combustible fuel source with an internal radiant coil surrounding a small vaporization chamber consisting of a heat-resistant cotton-like material being fueled by a constant drip fuel pump via a small diameter metal line. Once in gaseous form, the vapor travels through an identical metal line to a chamber where it will be meeting up with 80-140 PSI. When at this junction, will the vapor flow with the high-pressure current, or will the significantly higher pressure cause the vapor and/or the fuel source to back-up? If so, would pressurizing the fuel tank counteract such a problem? I had thought about a unidirectional check valve in the fuel line, but wouldn't the higher pressure keep it closed? Please help!

Engineering news on Phys.org
How does 'non-combustible fuel' work?

SteamKing said:
How does 'non-combustible fuel' work?

Seriously? Your reply is solely for the purpose of arguing semantics? Ok, instead of the word "fuel", use "vaporization liquid" instead. Does that work for you? I used the word "fuel" because the desired result is a heated vapor combined with compressed air to pressurize an artificial atmosphere for the purposes of observation and no other simple term seemed to fit the description. Now do you have anything helpful to input?

Hi-P to Low-P --- period --- end of sentence. If the pressure of the fuel is greater than its surroundings it flows toward the lower pressure, and if not it doesn't.

Bystander said:
Hi-P to Low-P --- period --- end of sentence. If the pressure of the fuel is greater than its surroundings it flows toward the lower pressure, and if not it doesn't.
So would equally pressurizing the fuel tank, making both sides of the fuel pump Hi-P, solve that problem?

Yes. And, before you ask, "No, a check valve works on the same principle as it ever did; it prevents flow in one direction only."

Bystander said:
Yes. And, before you ask, "No, a check valve works on the same principle as it ever did; it prevents flow in one direction only."
I wasn't going to ask because I won't need one if I have equalized pressure and a pump in the fuel line, but thank you for your insight. You've been invaluably helpful.

Braden T said:
Seriously? Your reply is solely for the purpose of arguing semantics? Ok, instead of the word "fuel", use "vaporization liquid" instead. Does that work for you? I used the word "fuel" because the desired result is a heated vapor combined with compressed air to pressurize an artificial atmosphere for the purposes of observation and no other simple term seemed to fit the description. Now do you have anything helpful to input?
Not really. I usually come here to get a dose of attitude.

BTW, displays of attitude are not encouraged here at PF. If you can't answer a question in a civil tone, it will get you in trouble sooner or later.

SteamKing said:
Not really. I usually come here to get a dose of attitude.

BTW, displays of attitude are not encouraged here at PF. If you can't answer a question in a civil tone, it will get you in trouble sooner or later.
So, according to the information you just gave me, you have nothing useful to add to the thread. Instead, you nitpick about terminology in an attempt to "get a dose of attitude" from people. Then you warn the person you provoked that their tone isn't encouraged. You're an instigator, plain and simple.

Braden T said:
So, according to the information you just gave me, you have nothing useful to add to the thread. Instead, you nitpick about terminology in an attempt to "get a dose of attitude" from people. Then you warn the person you provoked that their tone isn't encouraged. You're an instigator, plain and simple.
I see you have nothing but attitude to contribute here at PF. Keep it up and one of the Mentors will take care of that for you, sooner or later.

When you use unfamiliar terminology here at PF, someone is going to ask you to clarify what you mean. Expect those kinds of questions. If you are not prepared to be patient and explain yourself in terms which are clear, your problems are only going to multiply, and people at PF will not be willing to engage you on these forums. Hurling gratuitous insults will not enhance your reputation at PF.

SteamKing said:
I see you have nothing but attitude to contribute here at PF. Keep it up and one of the Mentors will take care of that for you, sooner or later.

When you use unfamiliar terminology here at PF, someone is going to ask you to clarify what you mean. Expect those kinds of questions. If you are not prepared to be patient and explain yourself in terms which are clear, your problems are only going to multiply, and people at PF will not be willing to engage you on these forums. Hurling gratuitous insults will not enhance your reputation at PF.

Restating the information you gave to me is considered "nothing but attitude?" And you missed the entire point of the post. Whether it was called "fuel", "vaporization liquid" or "viscous substance of an unknown type", the question was about back-flow of air pressure vs a vaporization chamber with it's only sources of pressure being a liquid being pumped in and the heat required to vaporize it. Your initial response had nothing to do with any of that. Instead, it was merely for your own satisfaction by making someone feel less intelligent than yourself. I hope that worked out for you. My inquiry was solved by a poster who was actually looking to help, regardless of unfamiliar terminology. Have a great day.

What is the purpose of a post-fuel pump vaporization chamber?

A post-fuel pump vaporization chamber is designed to convert liquid fuel into a vapor state before it enters the engine. This allows for more efficient combustion and helps reduce emissions.

How does air pressure affect the operation of a post-fuel pump vaporization chamber?

The air pressure inside the chamber is crucial for the proper functioning of the vaporization process. Too much pressure can lead to fuel being forced through the chamber too quickly, while too little pressure can result in inadequate vaporization.

What factors can influence the air pressure inside the vaporization chamber?

The air pressure inside the chamber can be affected by several factors, including the size and design of the chamber, the fuel flow rate, and the temperature of the surrounding air.

Can air pressure fluctuations impact the performance of the vaporization chamber?

Yes, air pressure fluctuations can have a significant impact on the operation of the vaporization chamber. Fluctuations can disrupt the vaporization process and lead to inefficient combustion, resulting in reduced engine performance and increased emissions.

What are some potential consequences of a malfunctioning post-fuel pump vaporization chamber?

A malfunctioning vaporization chamber can result in poor fuel economy, reduced engine power, and increased emissions. It can also lead to engine damage if the fuel is not properly converted into a vapor state before entering the engine.