1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aircraft Range and Endurance

1. Oct 15, 2012 #1
    Hey there everyone, long time lurker but first time poster, with a question. I've been studying for an upcoming exam and I came across this question in my textbook and I'm absolutely stumped. Any advice would be much appreciated.

An aircraft has a weight of 90,500 N, an aspect ratio of 5.5, a zero lift drag coefficient of 0.031, an Oswald efficiency factor of 0.87, and a wing area of 40 square metres. The aircraft is powered by two jet engines with 32,200 N of static thrust each at sea level. The fuel capacity is 1,675 gallons, the thrust specific fuel consumption is 1 N of fuel per newton of thrust per hour, and the maximum gross weight is 130,500 N.

Calculate the range and endurance of the aircraft at a standard altitude of 8 km.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 1, 2012 #2

K41

Use the De Breguet formula.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook