Alternative science: Action at Distance, Quantum Encryption andCorollaries

Your Name]In summary, the conversation discussed a paradoxal experiment involving two correlated photons and possible solutions to it. One proposed solution involved using "eyeball" detectors with resonances in the frequencies of the emitted photons, allowing the emitting source to have knowledge of the photon's polarization. However, further research and consideration of alternative explanations is necessary to fully understand this phenomenon.
ny2292000
Here are my thoughts on the paradoxal experiment where information
seems to travel at infinite speed between two photons correlated at
their origin.

In this experiment, two photons with correlated k-vectors (through
momentum conservation) and polarization (through the relative angle of
the two transition dipole moments) are detected through polarizers at
opposing positions in a two arm experiment.

On each arm there is a polarizer and two detectors.

Since it is a common view that the polarization of a photon is not
known until a measurement is performed, the detection of a photon on
either detector of the each arm can only be correlated if information
passes to the other photon at the speed of light...:) This is the
paradox.

I proposed the simple solution to this experiment. Let's consider the
thougth experiment where the emiting molecule/atom has two eyeball...
each one looking in the direction of one arm. They have perfect albeit
polarized line of sight of each detector.

The detectors have resonances in the frequencies of the emiting
photons, otherwise they couldn't detect the photons...:)

Since they have resonances, they have zero point fluctuations/Black
Body radiation and thus they will produce "vacuum noise" on the
direction of the excited molecule/atom.

The constraints on k-vector imposed by this experiment, the high
selectivity of outcome (the experiment selects only photons at a very
small spherical angle) makes the probability of decay through dephasing
of the initial coherence by this background field a certainty.

Thus although the electrons don't know their polarization until they
arrive at the polarizers, they source knows everything and that solves
the paradox.

Please read the following blog and let me know your opinion.http://hypergeometricaluniverse.blogspot.com/2006/09/gods-most-amazing-parlor-magic-trick.html

Thanks,

Marco Pereira

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Dear Marco Pereira,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and proposed solution on the paradoxal experiment involving two correlated photons. I find this experiment and its implications very intriguing.

Your suggestion of using two "eyeball" detectors with resonances in the frequencies of the emitted photons is an interesting one. By having a direct line of sight to each detector, the emitting molecule/atom would be able to "see" the direction in which the photon is detected. This could potentially provide a solution to the paradox, as the emitting source would have knowledge of the photon's polarization and could therefore influence the outcome of the experiment.

However, I believe that further experiments and research would need to be conducted to fully understand the mechanisms behind this phenomenon. It is also important to consider alternative explanations and interpretations of the results before drawing any conclusions.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and providing a link to your blog. I will definitely take the time to read it and explore this topic further.

I appreciate your proposed solution to this paradoxical experiment. Your explanation of the role of the emitting molecule/atom and its line of sight with the detectors is an interesting concept. However, it is important to note that this is just one possible explanation and there may be other factors at play that contribute to the observed correlation between the two photons.

Furthermore, while your explanation may provide a resolution to this specific experiment, it is important to consider the broader implications for our understanding of quantum mechanics and the nature of information transmission. The concept of action at a distance and the speed at which information travels are still areas of ongoing research and debate among scientists.

I would suggest conducting further experiments and studies to test your proposed solution and to continue exploring the mysteries of quantum mechanics. As always, it is important to approach these topics with an open mind and to consider all possibilities before drawing conclusions. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I look forward to seeing how this research develops in the future.

1. What is action at a distance in alternative science?

Action at a distance refers to the concept that objects can influence each other without any physical contact or exchange of energy. In alternative science, this is often explained through the use of quantum mechanics and non-locality, where particles can be connected and influence each other regardless of distance.

2. How does quantum encryption work?

Quantum encryption is a method of secure communication that utilizes the principles of quantum mechanics. It involves the use of entangled particles to transmit information, making it impossible for any third party to intercept or decipher the communication without breaking the entanglement and altering the information.

3. What are some real-world applications of action at a distance and quantum encryption?

Some potential applications of these concepts include secure communication networks, quantum computing, and quantum teleportation. Action at a distance may also have implications for understanding phenomena such as telepathy and remote healing.

4. Is there any scientific evidence to support the claims of alternative science regarding action at a distance and quantum encryption?

While there is ongoing research and experimentation in these areas, there is currently no conclusive scientific evidence to support the claims of alternative science regarding action at a distance and quantum encryption. These concepts remain highly controversial and are not widely accepted by the scientific community.

5. What are some potential drawbacks or limitations of relying on alternative science for understanding action at a distance and quantum encryption?

One potential drawback is the lack of empirical evidence and reproducibility in the claims made by alternative science. Additionally, relying solely on alternative science may limit our understanding and potential advancements in these areas, as it does not take into account the broader scientific knowledge and research in related fields.