paisley666 Messages 17 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Oct 15, 2016 #1 I learned about entropy is chemistry, can someone please explain how this term is used in physics? Thanks.
I learned about entropy is chemistry, can someone please explain how this term is used in physics? Thanks.
anorlunda Staff Emeritus Science Advisor Homework Helper Insights Author Messages 11,327 Reaction score 8,758 Oct 15, 2016 #2 That is a broad question. You should do some of your own research first. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_(disambiguation) This is a good place to start. The wiki lists 18 meanings for entropy. Read those 18 articles, then come back here with your questions.
That is a broad question. You should do some of your own research first. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_(disambiguation) This is a good place to start. The wiki lists 18 meanings for entropy. Read those 18 articles, then come back here with your questions.
A.T. Science Advisor Messages 13,460 Reaction score 4,338 Oct 15, 2016 #3 paisley666 said: I learned about entropy is chemistry, can someone please explain how this term is used in physics? Thanks. For a general idea:
paisley666 said: I learned about entropy is chemistry, can someone please explain how this term is used in physics? Thanks. For a general idea: