Amazing Sand Art | Unbelievable Artistry

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Art
In summary, the conversation discusses people's reactions to a video of a woman playing an emotional song on a beach. The conversation touches on the historical significance of the location, the use of an easy subject, and the personal emotional response of the individuals watching. It also mentions the possibility of the woman's actions being linked to the shroud of Turin and a recording of a radio broadcast about a German attack.
gravenewworld
It speaks for itself

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
why are people crying?

Good but odd.

rewebster said:
why are people crying?

Because art means different things to different people? Also, the Ukraine suffered some of the worst casualty rates of WWII, where 1 in 4 people who lived there were killed.

http://www.infoukes.com/history/ww2/page-20.html

rewebster said:
why are people crying?

If there's one thing I've learned in my years, it's that people really overreact.

Stratosphere said:
If there's one thing I've learned in my years, it's that people really overreact.

I watched it again------'INCREASE THE RATINGS' was the only thing that came to mind--overacting

Or the fact that this was an artistic honoring of a horrible time in Ukrainian history, and people were aware of this. Overreacting is the last thing that comes to mind. This is like saying "holocaust survivors are overreacting"

If there is anything that I don't like is that she played an easy piece, most people in Eastern Europe are almost preconditioned to react with emotions for WWII. I am not surprised by the reactions at all.

And - putting choice of an easy subject aside - I liked it. It played on my emotions as well.

well, watch it a third time--the first two times I had the sound off---don't understand the lyrics---but it sounds like a sad song...

very cute woman playing with the sand though

----------------

reminds me of one theory of how the shroud of Turin was created--sand left on a sheet in the sun until the sun burnt the sheet of linen

Last edited:
http://www.pitt.edu/~slavic/sli/admin/dark.html

Earlier you can hear recording of radio broadcast from Radio Moscow about German attack.

Borek said:
http://www.pitt.edu/~slavic/sli/admin/dark.html

Earlier you can hear recording of radio broadcast from Radio Moscow about German attack.

thanks

1. What is sand art?

Sand art is a form of art that involves creating designs and images by arranging colored sand grains on a surface. It can be done on a flat surface or in a glass container, and is often accompanied by music and storytelling.

2. How is sand art created?

Sand art is created by using a funnel, a steady hand, and various colors of sand. The artist carefully pours the sand onto a surface, manipulating it with precision tools to create intricate designs and patterns. The process requires patience and skill to achieve the desired result.

3. What tools are used in sand art?

The tools used in sand art vary depending on the artist's style and technique. Some common tools include funnels, rakes, spoons, and brushes. Advanced techniques may also involve the use of air compressors or specialized tools for fine details.

4. How long does it take to create a sand art masterpiece?

The time it takes to create a sand art masterpiece depends on the complexity of the design and the artist's skill level. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours to complete a piece. Some artists may also work on a piece over multiple days, allowing layers of sand to dry before adding more.

5. How is sand art preserved?

Once a sand art piece is completed, it can be preserved by sealing it with a clear adhesive spray. This helps to keep the sand grains in place and prevent them from shifting or spilling. Some artists may also choose to photograph their work or create a time-lapse video to preserve it digitally.