Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Amazing sand art

1. Apr 19, 2010 #1
    It speaks for itself

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 19, 2010 #2
    why are people crying?

4. Apr 19, 2010 #3
    Good but odd.

5. Apr 19, 2010 #4
    Because art means different things to different people? Also, the Ukraine suffered some of the worst casualty rates of WWII, where 1 in 4 people who lived there were killed.

http://www.infoukes.com/history/ww2/page-20.html

6. Apr 19, 2010 #5
    If there's one thing I've learned in my years, it's that people really overreact.

7. Apr 19, 2010 #6
    I watched it again------'INCREASE THE RATINGS' was the only thing that came to mind--overacting

8. Apr 19, 2010 #7
    Or the fact that this was an artistic honoring of a horrible time in Ukrainian history, and people were aware of this. Overreacting is the last thing that comes to mind. This is like saying "holocaust survivors are overreacting"

9. Apr 19, 2010 #8

Borek

Staff: Mentor

If there is anything that I don't like is that she played an easy piece, most people in Eastern Europe are almost preconditioned to react with emotions for WWII. I am not surprised by the reactions at all.

And - putting choice of an easy subject aside - I liked it. It played on my emotions as well.

10. Apr 19, 2010 #9
    well, watch it a third time--the first two times I had the sound off---don't understand the lyrics---but it sounds like a sad song...

very cute woman playing with the sand though

----------------

reminds me of one theory of how the shroud of Turin was created--sand left on a sheet in the sun until the sun burnt the sheet of linen

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  11. Apr 19, 2010 #10

Borek

Staff: Mentor

12. Apr 19, 2010 #11
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook