O Brother, Where Art Thou? film analysis

  • Topic: Art 
  • Thread starter Thread starter BillTre
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Analysis Film
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
6 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
2,856
Reaction score
12,705
O Brother, Where Art Thou is one of my favorite movies.
I always knew it was loosely based on the Odessey because it says so at the beginning, but the guy in this reaction video makes way more connections between the two then I would have ever thought of. I was amazed.


Some comments on youtube were also informative.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Guy with heavily-tattooed arms: "I haven't read the Odyssey in a while."
Girl with vacant look in her eyes: "I should probably read the Odyssey".

Girl with vacant look in her eyes: "Is he the Oracle?". The original Oracle was a priestess.
Guy with heavily-tattooed arms: "He's father Tiresias ..." And explains who Tiresias is.

Priceless!
 
BillTre said:
O Brother, Where Art Thou is one of my favorite movies.
I always knew it was loosely based on the Odessey because it says so at the beginning, but the guy in this reaction video makes way more connections between the two then I would have ever thought of. I was amazed.


Some comments on youtube were also informative.

I thought the film was absolutely nuts!
Not quite “Big Fish” nuts, or “Eraser Head” nuts (a different level) but certainly out there.
I think I need to watch it again before commenting further as it has been a while since I have seen it.
 
Andy Resnick said:
(whisper-yelling)
DO! NOT! SEEK! THE TREASURE!!!
I don't know what that means. Hint?
 
It's a line from the film- John Tuturro's character is trying to warn George Clooney's character while sitting in a movie theater.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and BillTre