AMS Open Math Notes: Valuable Lecture Notes on Commutative Algebra and More

• Foundations
  • Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Notes
In summary, Terence Tao promoted the website of the AMS where they gather lecture notes. Despite being new, there are already valuable reads in the Commutative Algebra section. This is a great resource that can be shared with members and those who want to contribute to their library. The AMS is a great organization to be a fan of as they also have a journal with all issues available online.
fresh_42
Mentor
Insights Author
2023 Award
I have a subscription of Terence Tao's Blog and he promoted the following website of the AMS where they started to gather lecture notes.

http://www.ams.org/open-math-notes

Although it seems to be quite new and in its beginning, I already found a valuable read in the Commutative Algebra section. So I'd like to share it with our members and maybe to those of you, who like to contribute to their library.

Likes Frimus, Greg Bernhardt, BvU and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is AMS Open Math Notes?

AMS Open Math Notes is an open access online repository for mathematical research notes. It is a platform for mathematicians to share their work, collaborate with others, and access a wide range of mathematical resources.

2. Who can access AMS Open Math Notes?

AMS Open Math Notes is open to anyone, including researchers, students, and educators. Users do not need to be affiliated with any particular institution or organization to access the repository.

3. Are all types of mathematical research notes accepted on AMS Open Math Notes?

Yes, AMS Open Math Notes accepts all types of mathematical research notes, including expository notes, lecture notes, survey articles, and preliminary research results. All submissions are subject to an initial review process to ensure quality and relevance to the mathematical community.

4. Can I submit my own research notes to AMS Open Math Notes?

Yes, AMS Open Math Notes welcomes submissions from all mathematicians. To submit your own research notes, you will need to create an account on the website and follow the submission guidelines.

5. Is there a fee to access or submit to AMS Open Math Notes?

No, there is no fee to access or submit to AMS Open Math Notes. The repository is freely accessible to all users, and there are no submission or publication fees for authors.