Equation for Fire Evolution Dynamics

In summary, The conversation revolves around finding a dynamical system or equation set to describe fire evolution, with given functions of air, material, and environment change. The person asking the question has prepared sketches but needs help and is seeking advice on fire modeling programs and resources. They have also mentioned experimenting with CFAST and candles. The other person suggests starting with a classic book by Michael Faraday on the chemical history of a candle.
Thomas Gajdek
It is NOT about the heat equation. I'm asking about a dynamical system or equations set to describe fire evolution, with given fuctions of air, material and enviorment change.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thomas Gajdek said:
It is NOT about the heat equation. I'm asking about a dynamical system or equations set to describe fire evolution, with given fuctions of air, material and enviorment change.
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

What have you found so far in your searching? Do you have access to FEA software packages? What is the application?

Well, i prepared some sketches, but i think i need help...

You labelled this thread as A level. That means you expect a graduate level answer, correct?

What research have you done so far? What papers have you read? It doesn't make sense to ask that question to strangers on the Internet rather than going to your University Library.

anorlunda said:
You labelled this thread as A level. That means you expect a graduate level answer, correct?
I had changed it just now to Intermediate "I" instead of Advanced/PhD based on his other posts. But we can change it back if needed, based on his reply.

anorlunda said:

What research have you done so far? What papers have you read? It doesn't make sense to ask that question to strangers on the Internet rather than going to your University Library.
I've just thouht about it for the first time. Now I'm experimenting with CFAST and candles :).

1. What is the Equation for Fire Evolution Dynamics?

The Equation for Fire Evolution Dynamics is a mathematical model that describes the physical and chemical processes that occur during a fire. It takes into account factors such as heat transfer, fuel consumption, and oxygen availability to predict how a fire will grow and spread over time.

2. How is the Equation for Fire Evolution Dynamics used?

The Equation for Fire Evolution Dynamics is used by scientists and fire experts to understand and predict the behavior of fires. It can also be used to design and improve fire safety measures, such as building materials and evacuation plans.

3. What variables are included in the Equation for Fire Evolution Dynamics?

The Equation for Fire Evolution Dynamics includes variables such as heat release rate, fuel load, oxygen concentration, and thermal properties of the surrounding environment. It also takes into account the geometry and size of the fire.

4. Can the Equation for Fire Evolution Dynamics be applied to all types of fires?

Yes, the Equation for Fire Evolution Dynamics is a general model that can be applied to various types of fires, including wildfires, structural fires, and industrial fires. However, it may need to be adapted or adjusted for specific fire scenarios.

5. How accurate is the Equation for Fire Evolution Dynamics?

The accuracy of the Equation for Fire Evolution Dynamics depends on the quality and accuracy of the input data, as well as the assumptions and simplifications made in the model. Generally, it provides a good approximation of fire behavior, but it is always important to consider other factors and use caution when making predictions.