Animal Haters Unite - Vent Your Frustration Here!

In summary: Yep, you heard that right. Animal haters thread. This is not to be confused with the insect (protostome) haters thead, which several of my, well, anyway...
zoobyshoe said:
Got a link to one of these? Sounds like what I need.
There are many on the market. Try Googling "dog ultrasonic".

This is just one example of the handheld variety:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000IBRI2Y/?tag=pfamazon01-20
but there are several others. Shop around and check the decibel rating of each -- the louder the better.

Have a read of the reviews though. Sometimes they don't work as well as advertised (especially the ones that are on all the time, or claim to be bark-activated automatically).
Also, very old dogs might not hear it and extremely aggressive breeds (which have been trained to be vicious) might just carry on regardless. But I found it works against every "normal" dog I've encountered.

The wall-mounted version at that link seems to be battery powered and claims to work by sensing a barking noise and then activating. I don't think either of these features are good enough though. I recall finding one a long time ago that was powered off the mains (you might need an electrician to install it), and activated by RF remote control. You might need to spend some time Googling more extensively.

Alternatively, if you have some electronics skill, it's very easy to open up a handheld version and arrange for its battery terminals to be connected instead to a suitable transformer powered from the mains (but don't try this if you're not "electrically qualified"). I used an X10-based device to do the remote control (basically just a home automation product that could turn a particular power point on and off). There's probably newer version around now.

HTH.

Last edited by a moderator:
<h2>What is "Animal Haters Unite - Vent Your Frustration Here!"?</h2><p>"Animal Haters Unite - Vent Your Frustration Here!" is a platform where individuals can express their frustrations and concerns about animal cruelty and advocate for animal rights.</p><h2>Why is it important to address animal haters?</h2><p>Animal haters contribute to the ongoing issue of animal cruelty and neglect. By addressing their views and educating them, we can work towards creating a more compassionate and humane society for animals.</p><h2>How can I participate in "Animal Haters Unite - Vent Your Frustration Here!"?</h2><p>You can participate by sharing your thoughts and experiences with animal haters, educating others about animal rights and welfare, and supporting organizations that work towards protecting animals.</p><h2>What can I do to help stop animal cruelty?</h2><p>There are many ways to help stop animal cruelty, such as adopting a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, reporting cases of animal abuse, supporting animal rights organizations, and educating others about the importance of treating animals with compassion and respect.</p><h2>What are some common misconceptions about animal haters?</h2><p>Some common misconceptions about animal haters include the belief that they are all inherently cruel and lack empathy, when in reality, many may simply be unaware of the impact of their actions or have been influenced by societal norms. It's important to address these misconceptions and have open and respectful discussions with animal haters to promote understanding and change.</p>

Related to Animal Haters Unite - Vent Your Frustration Here!

What is "Animal Haters Unite - Vent Your Frustration Here!"?

"Animal Haters Unite - Vent Your Frustration Here!" is a platform where individuals can express their frustrations and concerns about animal cruelty and advocate for animal rights.

Why is it important to address animal haters?

Animal haters contribute to the ongoing issue of animal cruelty and neglect. By addressing their views and educating them, we can work towards creating a more compassionate and humane society for animals.

How can I participate in "Animal Haters Unite - Vent Your Frustration Here!"?

You can participate by sharing your thoughts and experiences with animal haters, educating others about animal rights and welfare, and supporting organizations that work towards protecting animals.

What can I do to help stop animal cruelty?

There are many ways to help stop animal cruelty, such as adopting a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, reporting cases of animal abuse, supporting animal rights organizations, and educating others about the importance of treating animals with compassion and respect.

What are some common misconceptions about animal haters?

Some common misconceptions about animal haters include the belief that they are all inherently cruel and lack empathy, when in reality, many may simply be unaware of the impact of their actions or have been influenced by societal norms. It's important to address these misconceptions and have open and respectful discussions with animal haters to promote understanding and change.

Back