Any good antenna theory and design book with solution manuel available?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 9K views
yungman
Messages
5,741
Reaction score
291
I am a self studier. I want to study antenna theory and design. Please give me name of some good books particularly ones have solution manuel available.

Thanks
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
yungman said:
I am a self studier. I want to study antenna theory and design. Please give me name of some good books particularly ones have solution manuel available.

Thanks

Antenna Theory by Constantine Balanis. Its pretty good, IMO.
 
I agree with Pumblechook that the ARRL books are good. Very practical, and the latest ones come with CDROMs:

http://www.arrl.org/catalog/index.php3?category=Antennas%2C+Transmission+Lines+and+Propagation

I enjoyed my old intro antenna book back a million years ago in undergrad:

"Antenna Theory and Design", by Stutzman and Thiele

Not sure if there is a more current addition, or if it comes with a CDROM now.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/antheory.html#why

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/whyantradiates.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. I already note all of them down.
 
I bought both books, not the ARRL! Hopefully between these two and the Kraus book I have, That should give me a good start. I am planning to dive into this subject after I finish the last chapter of the EM theory.
Thanks guys