Any good CHEAP quantum physics text books?

In summary, the conversation suggests that the best option for finding an affordable quantum physics textbook is to search for second-hand versions online or speak to a librarian. It is recommended to look for international versions or used textbooks on websites such as Amazon or Alibris. The book "Griffiths" is recommended as it is both affordable and easy to understand, and other options such as Park's QM book and the Dover reissue are also mentioned as cheaper alternatives. The person looking for the textbook is not a complete beginner, but their level of knowledge is not specified.
libbon
I'm just looking for an affordable quantum physics textbook, I am not quite a beginner at this, maybe intermediate if you call it.

Physics news on Phys.org
I recommend Griffiths, it's very readable. If you need cheap, search the online stores for a second hand paperback, or talk about acquisitions with your librarian. Or if your situation is really extreme, perhaps write to the author for blessing to just download it in djvu form from somewhere with weak intellectual protectionism law. My point is that in the long run we're probably all better off with you getting a well-recognised modern textbook rather than trying to make do with perhaps worse information.

Last edited:
libbon said:
im not quite a beginner at this, maybe intermediate if you call it.

Can you define this more precisely? What math and physics do you know already?

Can't give you any specifics, but look around for the international versions of texts. Black and white, and it's printed like a phone book, but eveything's there, and they're far cheaper than the normal editions.

thank you everybody

would amazon be a good online resource for buying one?

Amazon's good, but check out Alibris as well, people sell used textbooks on there for pennies on the dollar.

Park's QM book is pretty cheap. The Dover reissue seems to have driven down the used hardcover price as well.

1. What is the best way to find a good CHEAP quantum physics text book?

The best way to find a good CHEAP quantum physics text book is to start by researching online. Look for websites that sell used or discounted books, or compare prices on different online marketplaces. You can also check with your local library or university bookstore to see if they have any affordable options available.

2. Are there any reputable authors or publishers that specialize in affordable quantum physics textbooks?

Yes, there are several reputable authors and publishers that offer affordable quantum physics textbooks. Some examples include OpenStax, MIT Press, and Dover Publications. You can also look for recommendations from professors or other scientists in the field.

3. How can I make sure the CHEAP quantum physics text book is still accurate and up to date?

To ensure accuracy and up-to-date information, check the publication date of the textbook and see if there have been any recent editions or revisions. You can also look for reviews or ratings from other readers to see if they found the information to be accurate.

4. Are there any online resources that offer free or low-cost quantum physics textbooks?

Yes, there are several online resources that offer free or low-cost quantum physics textbooks. Some examples include OpenStax, Bookboon, and Project Gutenberg. However, be sure to carefully check the credibility and accuracy of these resources before using them.

5. Can I find a CHEAP quantum physics text book that includes practice problems and solutions?

Yes, there are many CHEAP quantum physics textbooks that include practice problems and solutions. Look for textbooks that specifically mention practice problems or exercises in the title or description. You can also check the table of contents to see if practice problems are included in the book.